Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gets Off The Floor, Decisions Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That ref was handpicked. Where's Bayless? He allowed Ward to wrestle all night. I like Ward but can't stand his style like BHop. Just not pleasing to watch. I dunno how some can consider this type of style as "great boxing".

Comment

• Close fight not a robbery

Comment

• Geez Sport-TV announcers has Kovalev winning basically every round....I mean the BS goes both ways

Comment

• Horrible fight. Hardly any clean punches landed other yhan jabs. Too much holding , clinching etc. At times I thought I was watching an MMA fight.
          Bottom line is Kovalev got hosed. Horrible scoring by judges.

Comment

• Kov by at least two rounds.

Comment

• Okay so Felix Trinidad won against Oscar De La Hoya because Oscar ran in the latter rounds despite winning first half of the fight.

Now Kov won the first half of the fight with Ward running the entire fight. Literally running and waving at Kov.

How do you explain Ward losing? Did he even land a single right hand?

Comment

• Be sure to count body shots.

Comment

• eh, pretty garbage decision
                  didn't see ward doing much as a challenger to sway the fight in any way (7 rounds is a huge stretch with that punch output).

Well, even the hometown booed him.
                  So it is what it is.

Good luck defending your belts in Russia

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    Wow. Threw more, landed more, knocked him down - but lost.

Anyone wondering why boxing is going down the toilet - the judges just clarified it.

And the shots he landed had more power.

If I were completely generous to Ward it would be at best a draw, and at worst it would be like Lederman's card

There were some terrible decisions tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                      Turkish Broadcast on NTV Spor. Free baby! Cmon yall Kovalev slowed down, Ward made him miss alot. Kova dropped Chilemba and they said Kova looked bad "there." Well, Kova looked even worse than the Chilemba bout after rounds 6. People just hate the fact that Ward stole the show the second half. It was Kova's "krusher" job to do more.
                      Did you find 8 rounds for Ward?

I just can't see that at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X