Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum 'Very Pleased' With PPV Buys: Why Do We Need HBO PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum 'Very Pleased' With PPV Buys: Why Do We Need HBO PPV?

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is very pleased with the pay-per-view buyrate figures for his November 5th card, which a main event with Manny Pacquiao capturing the WBO welterweight title from Jessie Vargas at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What?.....You mean we'll have to listen to Stephen A. Smith again do play-play again...shiat.

Comment

I was expecting around 275k and when he says "a little over 300k" it tells me I was probably right. I don't think that's a bad figure, considering it had zero hype and Vargas was an uncomplaining opponent. Pac can still draw with the right opponent I'm sure.

Comment

I doubt this is true

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I doubt this is true
          Wasn't Arum pretty forthcoming though about how Pacquiao/Bradley 3 bombed? If he says that he's pleased, comparing the fight to hitting a single or a double, which basically says that it wasn't a home run but did good enough to make everybody some money -- I actually tend to believe him in this case.

Comment

Another blockbuster success for Fighter of the Decade Manny Pacquiao! In this economy Manny pulls in 300k plus with an opponent nobody has ever heard of. Manny is the Teflon Don.

Comment

Dont see why he would have a reason to lie. 300k sounds reasonable. Still that many pact*rds out there. For crying out loud they still think he beat Mayweather. Is it really that surprising lol

Comment

Not to get off track, but just looking at your sig, Lou -- how the hell did Floyd win that fight? I've seen the fight but it has been years.

But damn...you get outlanded by 46 punches -- most of which were power shots, get doubled up in power punches landed, and land at a lower percentage overall to boot...and still get the W?

Comment

Respect to Arum if he made more bank then usual with this PPV. And I suppose its possible. I mean HBO is surely taking something off the top themselves so Arum is taking the piece HBO usually gets + the piece he always gets with this one so it wouldn't have to do peak Manny PPV numbers necessarily for a nice pile of money to appear in front of Arum.

Comment

Didn't he say it had to reach 600k for Pacquiao to get paid well? I guess Pacquiao didn't get paid well.

Comment

Working...
                    X