Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum 'Very Pleased' With PPV Buys: Why Do We Need HBO PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flop....trash fight deserved trash results in ppv numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      Dont see why he would have a reason to lie. 300k sounds reasonable. Still that many pact*rds out there. For crying out loud they still think he beat Mayweather. Is it really that surprising lol
      exactly! if he was lying, wouldnt he say it hit around 600k, which is what he was shooting for in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        300K? Well I guess that means that Canelo is the PPV King of 2016, and probably from here on out, unless Mayweather returns.
        didnt canelo hit 300k in his last fight? lol. and this is a prime canelo. lol

Comment

Pacquiao basically got hoodwinked... I wonder how many more incentive driven deals Arum is going to force him to sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I thought Kenny was good actually

Tim was solid too

Stephen A. though gots to go. I mean for f**k's sake the guy is a casual fan at best. If you want a third wheel get someone who actually follows the sport like we do. No bull**** the regulars here on b-scene know more about the sport than that dude.
            I sometimes turn the sound down during a close fight to get a non-biased view but with him mouthing off I had to turn the volume down because he was so annoying.

Comment

If they did 300k that would be surprising.

Comment

300K without having to split that between hbo and the cable company is a damned good day at the office. 300K with HBO and the cable providers is a horrible business day.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  300K without having to split that between hbo and the cable company is a damned good day at the office. 300K with HBO and the cable providers is a horrible business day.
                  the cable / satellite distributors still get their 45-50% off the top. The difference here is Top Rank didnt have to pay HBO their usual 7.5%..............

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    didnt canelo hit 300k in his last fight? lol. and this is a prime canelo. lol
                    Add Manny's PPVs for 2016, and then add GGG's PPVs for 2016, and you still come up well short of Canelo's PPVs for 2016! Canelo is the PPV king of 2016!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Add Manny's PPVs for 2016, and then add GGG's PPVs for 2016, and you still come up well short of Canelo's PPVs for 2016! Canelo is the PPV king of 2016!
                      When Canelo, in his last fight, fought an opponent with zero name power (Liam Smith), he drew between 290K and 310K.

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2...nelo-ppv-buys/

That's an in his prime Canelo Alvarez.

A 37 year old shell of his former self Manny Pacquiao just did the same with an opponent with zero name power.

Comment

Working...
                      X