Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How SHOCKED Would Everybody Be if Ward Knocked Kovalev Out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I would be very shocked. He couldn't KO Barrera or Brand and they are about a tenth as good as Kovalev.
    Who cares about a KO?

Comment

ehhh its boxing it happens, so shocked no but amazed yes.

Comment

kovalev chin is not that great as some think it is wouldn't shock me

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          I'm actually picking Kovalev to win, most likely by decision, but I do see Ward getting rattled more than we've ever seen him.

However, if Ward started clipping the Krusher with hooks and all of a sudden, the Russian went down or maybe got stopped, how shocked would you be? Totally? Somewhat? Not at all?
          I expect Ward to KO Kovalev, so I won't be surprised at all.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Not gonna lie, I would be very shocked. Ward is not a finisher, he'll hurt you and not pursue the stoppage. I expect him to win. Y decision and Ward to win by TKO OR DEC. Kovalev has two ways he can win, Ward only has one, but I think he will get it. If Ward wins, period, I would be impressed that he beat the bigger man who can box and punch, but I think he can do it
            What is your idea of a finisher? Ward KO'd Chad Dawson and Mikhail Kessler!

Comment

With one shot, I would be very shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post

Comment

I'm actually picking Kovalev to win, most likely by decision, but I do see Ward getting rattled more than we've ever seen him.

However, if Ward started clipping the Krusher with hooks and all of a sudden, the Russian went down or maybe got stopped, how shocked would you be? Totally? Somewhat? Not at all?
                  Andre Ward bludgeoned Chad Dawson into quitting, bludgeoned Edwin Rodriguez into basically giving up the fight before the middle rounds, and bludgeoned Paul Smith into submission (with Smith's corner basically doing a spot on job in stopping the fight, just at the moment where the wheels came all the way off).

Ward is sharp enough puncher that he's bound to wear you out if he lands his shots frequent enough, so there's nothing to really be shocked about (not like Kovalev is hard to hit).

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=706022

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      LOL. Um, a technical decision now counts as a KO?

Comment

Working...
                      X