Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Breaks Down Vargas, Sets Up Thurman Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can just see Keith Thurman ruining Danny Garcia, if he doesn't stop him early. The accumulation, absorption and power of One Time would all prove to be too much for Danny Garcia. Swift is simply out of his league in this bout.

I expect Danny to attempt to out box Thurman by making it a very slow paced fight by sticking and moving, landing the cleaner punches and landing the occasional counters as well. Which will all prove to be futile because he lacks the size and power to seriously threaten Keith Thurman.

However, I can see Keith doing just the opposite. I see him making this a very fast paced fight, without so much as giving a Danny a moment's rest, before Garcia succumbs from the heavier artillery and firepower as the fight progresses and the longer it goes.

He is going to start where Lamont Peterson left off, by walking swift down and forcing him to fight off his back foot in the process but the game changer is that Keith is a much harder puncher than Peterson.

While they both have good chins, However, Thurman is naturally wider and stronger than Garcia with more punching power too. Moreover, he has stopped and KO opponents with more size and power than Danny at the the 147lb division while Garcia has yet to do the same aside from the cherry pick he fought tonight.

Comment

• Garcia wrecked Vargas but that exchange between Garcia and Thurman was nice, this fight should be very good, i hope its a blood bath. Sucks one of them might lose though

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        I can just see Keith Thurman ruining Danny Garcia, if he doesn't stop him early. The accumulation, absorption and power of One Time would all prove to be too much for Danny Garcia. Swift is simply out of his league in this bout.

I expect Danny to attempt to out box Thurman by making it a very slow paced fight by sticking and moving, landing the cleaner punches and landing the occasional counters as well. Which will all prove to be futile because he lacks the size and power to seriously threaten Keith Thurman.

However, I can see Keith doing just the opposite. I see him making this a very fast paced fight, without so much as giving a Danny a moment's rest, before Garcia succumbs from the heavier artillery and firepower as the fight progresses and the longer it goes.

He is going to start where Lamont Peterson left off, by walking swift down and forcing him to fight off his back foot in the process but the game changer is that Keith is a much harder puncher than Peterson.

While they both have good chins, However, Thurman is naturally wider and stronger than Garcia with more punching power too. Moreover, he has stopped and KO opponents with more size and power than Danny at the the 147lb division while Garcia has yet to do the same aside from the cherry pick he fought tonight.
        Who has Thurman stopped that has more power than Danny? And please don't say Chavez,because he couldn't even hurt chinny,Bradley or shot to **** Rios. Thurman and Peterson have two completely different styles, I've never seen Thurman pressure anyone.

Comment

• It goes without saying that SPIKE beat the HBO show. Crowd was electric. Perhaps pumped up by the hometown crowd, Garcia did more barking at Thurman than all his other opponents combined ! It's usually Angel playing attack dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
            Who has Thurman stopped that has more power than Danny? And please don't say Chavez,because he couldn't even hurt chinny,Bradley or shot to **** Rios. Thurman and Peterson have two completely different styles, I've never seen Thurman pressure anyone.
            All the men that Thurman has stopped or knocked out in his career, were all natural welterweights. Which makes them much wider and stronger than the much smaller and weaker Junior welterweights that Danny Garcia has been accustomed to challenging.

In other words, the natural size and power of Keith Thurman could pose some very serious problems for Danny Garcia since he is not used to punching and getting hit by a man like him with that much more physical ability than himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              In addition, take this into account. Keith Thurman is not only the naturally wider and stronger man but a naturally wider and stronger man who has skill too, who could also box if he has to.

As far as Thurman pressuring fighters go back and watch the Robert Guerrero and Shawn Porter fights to see "One time" Keith Thurman pressuring fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                In addition, take this into account. Keith Thurman is not only the naturally wider and stronger man but a naturally wider and stronger man who has skill too, who could also box if he has to.

As far as Thurman pressuring fighters go back and watch the Robert Guerrero and Shawn Porter fights to see "One time" Keith Thurman pressuring fighters.
                Porter and Guerrero pressured Thurman he pretty much countered off the back foot. Matthysse hits harder than Thurman,despite the size difference. Thurman is a large Welterweight,but he doesn't use his physicality like a Spence or Brook. He pretty much moves around and waits for his opponents to run into punches or counters.

Comment

• @ 0.45 Danny gets in Keiphs face and tell him 'Im going to **** you up!!!'

Comment

• Went as expected

Danny laid a beat down without going out of 1st

The post fight with Thurman was sick, Danny for amped up can't wait for the fight

Comment

• Garcia does look fresher and quicker... #warGarcia

Comment

Working...
                      X