Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Wanted to Get Somebody Interested in Boxing, What Fight Would You Show Them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch - Taylor was always one that raised the hair on my neck, but that was more due to the tension in the final rounds - the rest of the fight, in hindsight, wasn't all that special.

Comment

I'm not digging into the archives. Im showing the guy a couple fights from this year I don't want to show him how great boxing used to be, but rather how great boxing still is. I'm showing him Thurman v Porter, Frampton v Santa Cruz and Gonzalez v Cuadras, and maybe the Commey fight, that was good. Then I'm showing Kovalev and Ward highlights and telling him they're going to bang in 3 weeks

Comment

Vitali KLitschko vs Lennox Lewis. Big, big men, powerful punches and lots, lots of blood and gore.

Comment

Salido-Vargas and Framptom-Santa Cruz, from this year. Also Rios-Alvarado 1 from a couple of years ago.

Comment

I showed my friend Froch/Bute and Khan/Garcia. He was impressed by Froch/Bute and laughed at Khan/Garcia. Another friend I'm taking to the gym got a kick out of Tyson Fury uppercutting himself

Comment

Some action packed heavyweight fight, lighter guys are too quick for casuals and for the untrained eye it's hard to see and enjoy all the action. Heavyweights also have the intimidating look of a fighter like in pro wrestling and that is very important to casuals, I think no casual is interested in watching 5 ft 6 122 pounders fight no matter how good they are, there's a reason why the heavyweight division was the most popular for years until the 2000s. An exception to this is Gatti vs Ward.

I'd recommend something like Foreman vs Lyle, Shavers vs Holmes, Ali vs Frazier 3, Holyfield vs Bowe 1, Tyson vs Razor Ruddock, Cooper vs Moorer (my favorite), Ike Ibeabuchi vs David Tua and so on. Casuals also like flashy highlights like the ones of Roy Jones, Mike Tyson and Prince Naseem. 24/7 episodes like Mayweather Hatton or Mayweather Dela Hoya are also appealing to casuals.

Comment

I think the go to is probably Corrales vs Castillo. Maybe Tua vs Ibeabuchi cuz I think HW's might go further with a casual + since many people first got into boxing due to the HW or more specifically the HW title which was a mainstream thing in many ways for a long time.

Comment

Butterbean/McNeely
                  Sutherland/Rainford
                  Sutherland/Wofford
                  Morakot CP Freshmart/Kongfah CP Freshmart

Comment

Stick to the HW division.

Just don't show him Fury-Klitschko and you should be fine.

Comment

I got my co-worker into boxing by showing him Joshua highlights

Comment

Working...
                      X