No announcement yet.

Lomchenko Got Some Of The Weirdest Boxing Exercises

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    That's why he lacks power. He's only playing math games in the gym.

(waiting for one of these thin skinned Loma hardcore freak fans to get pissed at me for joking)
    Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
    This is taking "boxing IQ" too far. How in the fk playing with blocks supposed to help you in a boxing ring?
    It's not traditional but it works, brain exercises absolutely help when it comes to a sport where you have to continuously think through, and ahead of what you are doing and what your opponent is doing. It's a management process.

I get it.

Comment

I really can't decide what in the fk he's doing here. I did a search for number games or block games or exercises in Russian and Ukraine, but nothing like this came up. All I can say is there's a fine line between genius and madness. Also, this may not be part of training. May be a way to wind down.

Comment

Yeah, seriously though, I get it too.

Boxing is every bit mental as physical. Some would say even more so. These guys at the top level are all physically gifted...or course some have better attributes in certain areas more than others, but at the top level they're all in peak physical shape.

Often times what separates two peak shape physical specimens is what's going on between their ears. Boxing is chess with fists.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Originally posted by bluepete View Post
          This is part of his mathematics "dont get robbed by your promoter drill" ..Should be taught in every gym.
          Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Body and mind are inseparable, man. That's some deep **** going on right there.
          The first page replies are full of gems.

Comment

So this is what Roach was talking when he said that Team Loma came to the Wildcard to train and was doing "some weird ass training exercises"

Comment

I believe its supposed to help with memory, focus, and recognizing patterns. The numbers are randomly out of order and he has to find them in sequence.

This video shows what he is doing with the numbers better. 1:22

Last edited by Mikhnienko; 11-02-2016, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                It's not traditional but it works, brain exercises absolutely help when it comes to a sport where you have to continuously think through, and ahead of what you are doing and what your opponent is doing. It's a management process.

I get it.
                Absolutely. I regularly do math and word games to keep my mind sharp.

Seeing a boxer doing number exercises somehow reminds me of when I was a kid and my brother got to go to martial arts camp. But, I was "too violent" so I was sent to a math tutor and drama camp. Man, that pissed me off...

Comment

This math stuff didn't help him when Salido was peppering his balls and body. Maybe he should do something useful, like training his defense...

Comment

Afaik he does it regularly after 1.5-2 hours of training. It is supposed to help maintain mental focus in the late rounds and anytime when your body is already tired. We did some kind of routine in our gym after hard sparring sessions, but it was far simpler.

Comment

damn my boy lomachenko still a little kid

Comment

Working...
                      X