Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did People forget about the first half of Pac's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been following Pac since he fought Erik Morales the first time, proud fan and always will be
    That said everybody knows that Pacquiao is in the twilight of his career, the fight against Vargas is a mismatch so understandable theres no hype.
    Even tho hes going to retire anytime soon and he should be retired, he would still beat the brakes of Lomchnki cuz that dude is leagues below.
    Guy trains with tennis balls, its no wonder he got spanked and humiliated by Salido

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      If you aren't in the sport to fight the best you can, you shouldn't be in the sport anymore. Cherry picking easy fights to rip off gullible fans isn't cool.
      Yet you were Ok with Floyd fighting Berto. Or never fighting his mandatory Lara, never fighting Khan...

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Yet you were Ok with Floyd fighting Berto. Or never fighting his mandatory Lara, never fighting Khan...
        Mayweather has the best resume of the last decade you ******. I also said the Berto fight was garbage and didn't watch it.

Of course my comment touched a nerve because Golovkin is doing the same thing Pacquiao is doing now. Difference is Pacquiao actually took risks before, Golovkin never has.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          A lot of people here now hated on Pacquiao because he is "cherry picking and all" did they forgot about what Pacquiao had to go through in 2001 -2008?
          Erik Morales, Agapito Sanchez, Juan Manuel Marquez, Lehnolo Ledwaba, Marco Antonio Barrera, Oscar Larios, he literally fought through rosters and fighters that the fighters of today would really ducked on till their retirement, why are they angry at Pacs second half of his career when he earned the paydays, the right to pick of the opponents it. And Even then Pac had great competition against his second Half, Marquez, cotto, margarito, Clottey, Bradley, hatton. Why do people still want Pacquiao to face challenges that is more than he can chew? He did it in his first half of his career and won it, isn't it enough?

Just because someone gets (deserved) criticism for cherry picking doesn't mean all they might have done before is forgotten.

Being in a war with MAB at one point in his carreer, doesn't make fighting a cold caller / part time shoe shiner in Algieri all of the sudden, respectable.

And this thread is ironic because Floyd gets the same heat and he fought almost everyone coming up like Pac did, then both became true marquee names and decided to let off the gas pedal.

Comment

Mayweather has the best resume of the last decade you ******. I also said the Berto fight was garbage and didn't watch it.

Of course my comment touched a nerve because Golovkin is doing the same thing Pacquiao is doing now. Difference is Pacquiao actually took risks before, Golovkin never has.
            Yeah yeah and also the scales are cheated and I am bad with Maths right? coward.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Yeah yeah and also the scales are cheated and I am bad with Maths right? coward.
              Stop bringing up fighters resumes when you're a fan of Golovkin. You automatically take an L if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                A lot of people here now hated on Pacquiao because he is "cherry picking and all" did they forgot about what Pacquiao had to go through in 2001 -2008?
                Erik Morales, Agapito Sanchez, Juan Manuel Marquez, Lehnolo Ledwaba, Marco Antonio Barrera, Oscar Larios, he literally fought through rosters and fighters that the fighters of today would really ducked on till their retirement, why are they angry at Pacs second half of his career when he earned the paydays, the right to pick of the opponents it. And Even then Pac had great competition against his second Half, Marquez, cotto, margarito, Clottey, Bradley, hatton. Why do people still want Pacquiao to face challenges that is more than he can chew? He did it in his first half of his career and won it, isn't it enough?
                I don't see how anybody can honestly slam Pac's record. The guy fought everybody. In a different era, he still would have fought everybody, although I doubt the fighters of old would agree to the CWs. Still, though, he fought them all, win, lose or draw. He can walk into the HOF with no worries. The man faced the best.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Just because someone gets (deserved) criticism for cherry picking doesn't mean all they might have done before is forgotten.

Being in a war with MAB at one point in his carreer, doesn't make fighting a cold caller / part time shoe shiner in Algieri all of the sudden, respectable.

And this thread is ironic because Floyd gets the same heat and he fought almost everyone coming up like Pac did, then both became true marquee names and decided to let off the gas pedal.
                  The guy is passed his prime and got knocked the f*** out. He should have retired back in 2012 when we all know he no longer has it now that he got KTFO. But no, he comes back with a Tune up in Brandon Rios and 120-108 him, then beating a top 3 pound for pound fighter at the time in Timothy Bradley and beat him. Then decides to have a tune up bout in Chris Algerie because he had no fights left against fighters in the welterweight division in the top rank stable. Got beat by Mayweather, then cools off for a whole year after the surgery then comes back to face a NEW AND IMPROVED Timothy Bradley under Teddy Atlas and beat him.

Then gave CRAWFORD a shot at 147, but then declined when TC demanded it at 140, and now fights a young and improved fighter in Jessie Vargas just after he ko'ed Ali after failing to negotiate for a Broner or a Garcia, what more can you ask for him in this late of his career?
                  Last edited by Thraxox; 10-27-2016, 11:21 PM.

Comment

They did...

Fanboys only know manny at welter...

Same dudes say Oscar never won a big fight

Same dudes say tyson was hype

Fanboys say the darnedest things

Comment

If you aren't in the sport to fight the best you can, you shouldn't be in the sport anymore. Cherry picking easy fights to rip off gullible fans isn't cool.
                      At the risk of sounding like a biased Pacquiao homer/pac-tard -- and believe me I'll be the first one to say that Vargas is far from the best opponent Pacquiao could fight -- at least Vargas is a champion. He holds the WBO welter belt and is coming off the most impressive win of his career. He's rated by boxrec as a top ten welter (#8, exactly one spot behind Spence). I mean I'm just saying.

It's not like the guy is a bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X