Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Confident That He'll Beat, Expose Weaknesses in Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogwash View Post
    Some of his fans

I want this fight, It's a 50/50 fight and an excellent test for Golovkin.

Hopefully it'll be in the UK
    Yeah - good fight, and there's a good shot of it being in the UK if the Sky money's there. K2 seem to have a good working relationship with Hearn so if they both want it, it should happen

IMO Golovkin should just move on from Canelo - waiting on Oscar to 'be ready' is looking increasingly dumb. Send a high offer to Saunders and if he don't like it, time to shoot for 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      After DeGale beats Jack, he has to fight Callum Smith (god I hope in the UK), then he'll have to fight the IBF mando which might be Uzcategui (or he might have to fight another eliminator b/c Medina filled in for him like Wade did for Johnson vs GGG). After that I sure he'd like to unify with Groves for the WBA that he's about to take off Fedor Chudinov, and then maybe he'll fight GGG if not Rameriz. So 2018 at the earliest.
      Hmmm. Yeah I'd like GGG - Degale but you're right that it's not likely to happen in the immediate future, certainly there's Jack and Mundo to take care of first.

What you heard about Groves vs Fedor though? Last I heard Fedor hadn't even got the strap back yet alone had a defense announced.and Kashtanov remains at #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
        James DeGale would beat Gennady Golovkin. My honest opinion.
        Degale dont know how to handle pressure, look at what medina did to him..golovkin is pure pressure and has bricks on hands

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
          Degale dont know how to handle pressure, look at what medina did to him..golovkin is pure pressure and has bricks on hands
          Agree. DeGale squeaked out a win against Porky and he was lucky to get that decision. Golovkin would bring it to DeGale and beat him badly IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
            GGG knocks Degale out. Tbh I only have seen the Dirrell fight and I wasn't impressed. He put Dirrell down twice yet couldn't stay dominant enough to win by a big decision. Had he put Dirrell down one less time he would have lost a split decision.
            Your math is a bit off.... the 2 close cards were 114-112 in DGales favour.

Without ANY knockdowns the best result Direly would have got is a majority draw.

Comment

Good fight for seven rounds until James needs picking up

Comment

Everybody that expresses an interest in a GGG fight gets immediately shut down by the fanboys. Why is that?

Comment

Call me crazy, but I would love to see this fight. I think it would be one hell of a fight. Sadly by the looks of things we probably will never see it.

Comment

Degale is an even bigger talker than Euwanks Jr ( if that's humanely possible).

He will lose his pen as soon as the contract gets out of the fax machine.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      Your math is a bit off.... the 2 close cards were 114-112 in DGales favour.

Without ANY knockdowns the best result Direly would have got is a majority draw.
                      True True my mistake. I still think that is too close though, not a dominating performance imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X