Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Darnell Boone drop Kovalev in their first fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Relevant quotes;
    "... Kovalev has tasted the canvas on two separate occasions in the pro ranks, a la Darnell Boone (2010) and Gabriel Campillo (2013)."

"Russia’s Kovalev (29-0-1, 26 KOs) barely survived to beat Boone by split-decision after getting knocked down in 2010."

Boone himself; "I floored Kovalev 4 times. They took it from me."

"This was a great learning experience for Kovalev, who was sent to canvas for the first time in his career in round seven but stood up to win victory."

I'm not bashing Kovalev at all. I really like him as a fighter. I've just seen guys here swear up and down that Kov never got dropped.
    They've got the Lara syndrome, "ropped by Angulo doe" on Kova with Boone....

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Relevant quotes;
      "... Kovalev has tasted the canvas on two separate occasions in the pro ranks, a la Darnell Boone (2010) and Gabriel Campillo (2013)."

"Russia’s Kovalev (29-0-1, 26 KOs) barely survived to beat Boone by split-decision after getting knocked down in 2010."

Boone himself; "I floored Kovalev 4 times. They took it from me."

"This was a great learning experience for Kovalev, who was sent to canvas for the first time in his career in round seven but stood up to win victory."

I'm not bashing Kovalev at all. I really like him as a fighter. I've just seen guys here swear up and down that Kov never got dropped.
      When did Kovalev hit the canvas vs Campillo?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        They've got the Lara syndrome, "ropped by Angulo doe" on Kova with Boone....
        The ironic thing is that he got back up and finished the fight. Anyone with integrity would recognize the kind of guts that requires. Instead, we have these casuals who religiously follow KO kings until those guys lose, then hop the next bandwagon.

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        I've no idea. Sounded suspect so I plan to re-watch tonight to see if it even happened.
        This is the article, entitled, "The Time Kovalev Got Knocked Out"
        https://www.the-newshub.com/combat/a...-knocked-out#!

Comment

He was dropped against Blake Caparello not Campillo, a flash knockdown with the glove touching the canvas

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Once in his 7th fight vs Boone.

Kovalev was stopped in the amateurs....in full headgear.
            and? boone was Kovalev's 10th profesional fight, no difference there.

and are you basing this on a 10 seconds video?

you are one insufferable alt/troll when are you gonna start posting with your real account?

Comment

Yes, and there's no footage of it. I saw an actual bounty posted on another site if someone can find Boone-Kovalev I footage. I've tried, and I'm pretty good. No luck.

As for the knockdown(s), Kovalev was extremely green. He wasn't with JDJ or even Sanchez then.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                and? boone was Kovalev's 10th profesional fight, no difference there.

and are you basing this on a 10 seconds video?

you are one insufferable alt/troll when are you gonna start posting with your real account?
                The brown skinned mestizo white supremacist coming to the rescue of a Russian.

Typical ass kisser.

Comment

It was a flash knock down against Caparello.

6:11

Comment

If only Ward could punch like Boone this might be relevant to the upcoming fight.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      Yes, and there's no footage of it. I saw an actual bounty posted on another site if someone can find Boone-Kovalev I footage. I've tried, and I'm pretty good. No luck.

As for the knockdown(s), Kovalev was extremely green. He wasn't with JDJ or even Sanchez then.
                      Wasn't Ward green when he fought Boone as well??

Comment

Working...
                      X