No announcement yet.

The Official: "Pac-Man" Pacquiao vs "Ruthless" Vargas Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bluzi View Post
    Pac looked tiny vs Vargas and he stalked him and won a clear UD , you guys expect a 37 part time boxer to KO a top primed WW ? the guy is a tiny part time boxer who has 0 ambitions any more and he just took vargas to school.
    will he loose to other elite WW ? maybe but you guys make it sound like he is fighting a Salka kind of guy.
    Good job by Pac winning this fight the way he did ,he is almost retired and still went to war and attacked in the 12th when he was 100% winning , he comes to entertain and fight not just win on points , give him some credit.....
    PAC could have fought Thurman. I guess fighting a guy with known limited KO power means PAC is Back. Meaningless fight.

Comment

• I prefer the Ariza shake drinking Pacman

Comment

• Good card top to bottom ( Fast forwarded the Zhou fight )

It was basically a night of fights for WBO belts, They should just rename it the Top Rank and occasionaly Frank Warren or HBo belt.

The anniuncing team was better then I'd thought it be, bettet then HBo

Vargas held his own, Manny looked decent

Valdez looks like the real deal and is must watch

And Magdaleno did a good job

Comment

• Manny Pacquiao’s oversized ‘PED’ head is a dangerous weapon. In the clinches and up-close the head is like a wrecking ball. Jessie Vargas stepped off the gas at the halfway point. The commentators called a fight right for once. A pretty forgettable fight, I scored it 116-111 for Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            THe may had looked older but he looked FAR from shot as you stated then you proceeded to calling those guys elite. Wtf are you smoking? None of those guys are elite. Do you know the meaning of the word elite?

*EDIT* In case you dunno:
            e·lite
            əˈlēt,āˈlēt
            noun
            a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities.
            Well we all are just going to have to wait and see if he would actually sign and step in the ring with any of these so called young hungry elite fighters but only time will tell.

However, if he refuses to fight them, then my hypothesis would be correct all along. It will only goes to prove my point, that they are indeed elite because he would be accused of ducking and cherry picking them if he doesn't.

I say this because Pacquiao no longer has the firepower that he once had and is very reluctant to engage by letting his hands go in the ring. Once he faces a challenger who likes to come forward to fight and has punching power such as a Keith Thurman, Errol Spence, Jr. or even a Shawn Porter, then he can find himself in a world of serious hurt and trouble.

Comment

• Whoever was responsible for SA Smith being there needs to be fired. It's like he didn't even understand the concept of what he was supposed to be doing.

I think Pac is there until he gets brutalised as well. Pretty comfortable last night all things considered. Every time I watch him now I'm wondering if this is the night he looks old and gets battered. But he is still too crafty for a guy like Vargas, and well enough conditioned to stop fight turning into something he doesn't like. Crawford and Brook are both good fights for him next.

Comment

• Pac exploited Jessie's lazy left hand all night long.

Again Jessie has a bad habit of measuring and controlling distance with his left...as you can see Pac spotted the hole and immediately after resetting he circles to his right side to score over Vargas left hand at the same time he was staying away from the only tool that posed a real threat ( straight right).

Last edited by 1hourRun; 11-06-2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Brook and Thurman both beat this version of Pac handily.

If Maidana returned he would as well.

we were not talking about them, we were talking about this fight and you, Mr LoadedwrapaDamus said Vargas was going to win and you never messed a prediction.

Comment

• This fight brought back memories of Duran/Pazienza 1, with less body activity.

You had an aging legend against the younger era - not quite as young as Vargas - but you saw a pale shadow of Duran compared to when he was in his prime. That's what I saw with Manny, a pale shadow of his former self. He wasn't even the same Manny we saw in MayPac.

But credit to TBE for avoiding a headbutt from this man.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Well we all are just going to have to wait and see if he would actually sign and step in the ring with any of these so called young hungry elite fighters but only time will tell.

However, if he refuses to fight them, then my hypothesis would be correct all along. It will only goes to prove my point, that they are indeed elite because he would be accused of ducking and cherry picking them if he doesn't.

I say this because Pacquiao no longer has the firepower that he once had and is very reluctant to engage by letting his hands go in the ring. Once he faces a challenger who likes to come forward to fight and has punching power such as a Keith Thurman, Errol Spence, Jr. or even a Shawn Porter, then he can find himself in a world of serious hurt and trouble.
                      I'm or sure what you're on about and what "hypothesis" you're talking about. Pacquiao did not look SHOT. Lost a step? Yea. Shot? No. And none of those guys you listed are ELITE. So...

Comment

Working...
                      X