Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "Hi-Tech" Lomachenko vs. "Axe-Man" Walters Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or did Walters look dizzy in the last round? Like he was about to faint multiple times?

Comment

• it will be a long time before we see walters fight again after that quit job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Well from Walters point of view, he is now tainted goods. Probably be dropped by top rank (after years of trouble not just tonight), will be difficult getting back on HBO etc etc.

This is prizefighting. He can lose the fight and still come out with some credit.

Fair play he wants to protect his health. But given what we as boxing fans have seen over the years, his attitude just doesnt stack up for a fight of that magnitude
        Pretty sure he has ins in PBC, although PBC is becoming a home for dude beaten up by Lomachenko. Lomachenko is a stud though so being second best to him is not that bad.

I think Russel came out of the experience with Lomachenko a stronger fighter, but I think Walters will kind of be a broken fighter. I would like to watch a fight between Russel and Walters still though or other top guys because really no one else is like Lomachenko.

Comment

• I like Walters despite what happened today, but he just made both fighters look bad.
          Loma is also getting crapped on. Not that I care that much, but still not a good look. It's not his fault that happened.
          **** the haters. You don't have to like him but don't come up with BS either.
          Loma was starting to play with him. Walters just stole his shine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Well from Walters point of view, he is now tainted goods. Probably be dropped by top rank (after years of trouble not just tonight), will be difficult getting back on HBO etc etc.

This is prizefighting. He can lose the fight and still come out with some credit.

Fair play he wants to protect his health. But given what we as boxing fans have seen over the years, his attitude just doesnt stack up for a fight of that magnitude
            I feel like he might've done serious damage to his reputation. Refusal to go out on his shield demonstrates a lack of dignity for himself and a lack of respect for the paying audience. We've seen too much **** happen in the ring for Walters' decision to sit well, even-though we can understand him on some level.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
              I swear, I never thought I would say this but, yeah, I think Loma would pick Pac to pieces. The power difference is going to be an issue for Loma but his technical threshold is a nearly insurmountable force.
              Yea man, he is special. Like I said Ive withheld judgement on him until now. He just made a really, really good fighter say fck it i ant got nothing for this dude. He is just magnificent to watch, Ive been waiting for the next Roy Jones type fighter to emerge. We may have seen it tonight. He isnt Roy Jones obviously, I mean the type of fighter who just makes it look easy against world class opposition. Its still early in his career but look at the names he has after 8 fights, the dude is chasing greatness. Ill be there for every fight I can assure you of that.

Comment

• Lomachenko is a complete fighter
                On par with ward and floyd

Comment

• 11:1 odd's, someone got paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by iceman1 View Post
                    Lomachenko is a complete fighter
                    On par with ward and floyd
                    No offense man but Ward isnt on the same planet as Loma and Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                      No offense man but Ward isnt on the same planet as Loma and Floyd.
                      So true. I haven't seen a fighter win that dominantly over a 50/50 opponent, maybe ever. That was owning. Amazing.

Comment

Working...
                      X