Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Lucas Browne Eyed For Hamburg, Dec. 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not about legacy, it is about taking the safest fight for a title. Shame.

Comment

Like most of you guys I'm pretty disappointed that Wlad will not be fighting AJ. On paper an AJ-Wlad fight looked like a definite classic and as competitive as you can get.

This b.s. with these gay alphabet titles is just plain weak sauce. "Oh, the WBO (or whatever) wouldn't sanction this fight...we can't fight you AJ." Really, fans do give a ****in **** about these stupid meaningless titles.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        hes crap, has struggled with some real nobodies. sorry man dont mean to be rude but please dont start painting it out to be some challenge for wladimir and that theres not much difference between the two fights
        Sure, it's an easy win for Wlad - I agree. I don't agree that he's a nobody though.

Also -Wlad was preparing to fight Tyson Fury, who'd already beaten him and is a much more proven fighter than Joshua. Why would he then duck Joshua, when reportedly more money is on the line?

I think it's more likely that he either he has an agreement with Hearn to build the fight by appearing to be ducking, or Hearn was talking crap and never made a realistic offer to Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinC View Post
          It's not about legacy, it is about taking the safest fight for a title. Shame.
          If he wasn't worried about his legacy and history he would take the obvious bigger payday with the Joshua fight. Wladimir owns a promotional company, so he doesn't need money even though it is prize fighting. The ten year undisputed champion should be able to pick and choose what belts he fight for if he cannot get revenge on the guy who beat him because he's a millionaire drug addict who is afraid to defend his title.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
            Sure, it's an easy win for Wlad - I agree. I don't agree that he's a nobody though.

Also -Wlad was preparing to fight Tyson Fury, who'd already beaten him and is a much more proven fighter than Joshua. Why would he then duck Joshua, when reportedly more money is on the line?

I think it's more likely that he either he has an agreement with Hearn to build the fight by appearing to be ducking, or Hearn was talking crap and never made a realistic offer to Wlad.
            i dont know, dont know whats going through wlads head, maybe hes intimidated by joshua and thinks he could get knocked out. SUppose theres not much to lose against fury, worst that could realistically happen is he gets outboxed again, but doesnt really make his CV any worse cause weve seen that happen once already

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              If he wasn't worried about his legacy and history he would take the obvious bigger payday with the Joshua fight. Wladimir owns a promotional company, so he doesn't need money even though it is prize fighting. The ten year undisputed champion should be able to pick and choose what belts he fight for if he cannot get revenge on the guy who beat him because he's a millionaire drug addict who is afraid to defend his title.
              yeah, everyone will be speaking of that amazing night in which wladimir beat big daddy lucas browne for the wba, will live long in the memory. WIll do far more for his legacy than a huge fight against joshua (a hugely hyped world champion) who he is bookies underdog against (odds were available when it looked like it was getting made). If you hadnt guessed im being sarcastic...

Comment

i dont give two ****s about the belts. And neither should wlad, or you. Whats going to do more for his CV, beating joshua, or beating some mediocre fighters to win the wba?
                CV ??? Wlad doesn't have to worry about his CV dude, wake up dude!! his goal is to unify all the belts again i.e, beating all title holders including Wilder & Joshua is an obvious fight.. So would you still call it a duck if WBA agrees to sanction Wlad-AJ & they fight or if they fight next summer??

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                  CV ??? Wlad doesn't have to worry about his CV dude, wake up dude!! his goal is to unify all the belts again i.e, beating all title holders including Wilder & Joshua is an obvious fight.. So would you still call it a duck if WBA agrees to sanction Wlad-AJ & they fight or if they fight next summer??
                  just fight now ffs. Yeah i'll believe it when i see it if they fight in the summer. You really think wlads a good age for delaying fights lol, if he wanted to fight joshua hed fight him now, not when hes even older. I really dont know why people are giving wlad a pat on the back for this, its as if some of you dont actually want to watch good fights

Comment

yeah, everyone will be speaking of that amazing night in which wladimir beat big daddy lucas browne for the wba, will live long in the memory. WIll do far more for his legacy than a huge fight against joshua (a hugely hyped world champion) who he is bookies underdog against (odds were available when it looked like it was getting made). If you hadnt guessed im being sarcastic...
                    Browne's the best WBA ranked contender and as you know, Wladimir likes fighting undefeated guys. It's not like he wasn't willing to make the Joshua fight. It just didn't work out. Wlad still calls the shots in the division. Joshua is lucky to have even gotten the fight offer. Too bad Fury f@cked up. Nothing else to discuss. You move on to the next best thing and hope the fight comes along in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      Browne's the best WBA ranked contender and as you know, Wladimir likes fighting undefeated guys. It's not like he wasn't willing to make the Joshua fight. It just didn't work out. Wlad still calls the shots in the division. Joshua is lucky to have even gotten the fight offer. Too bad Fury f@cked up. Nothing else to discuss. You move on to the next best thing and hope the fight comes along in the near future.
                      wht do you mean 'it jsut didnt work out' it didnt work out precisely because wlad decided not to fight him lol, by suddenly deciding at the last minute that wba is his priority for some bizarre reason

Comment

Working...
                      X