Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[news] Spence sick of the excuses from Garcia and Thurman, says he wants either one

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    Whooptey doo he took a challenge in his division. Pocket Dogs is correct, people need to stfu about this "moving up" and "daring to be great" ****. He outgrew 168, if he could still make that weight he'd still be there.
    people make out its the most amazing thing in the world, ward fighting a world class fighter after 5 years. you dont see many people patting walters or lomachenko on the back for fighting each other, or santa cruz and frampton. Or kovalev for that matter. But ward finally deciding to fight someone who isnt a bum is a truly amazing achievement, what a fearless warrior he is, bravo

Comment

It's pretty obvious to me that Spence is an expectional talent. He needs to validate that in the ring, but I would say he's maybe a notch below Roy and Floyd in raw physical gifts, and he seems to be polished and smart in the ring. Once in a generation talent. That being said, it's obvious why Garcia doesn't want it, and for Thurman it's a business decision, I believe he will fight him when it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        So you're another one of these predictable guys that'll completely pretend that going after Kovalev is something he was somehow forced to do, right? You're probably one of the same geniuses who swore he would duck out of the fight.

Because you skipped over it the first time;
        "He took the toughest fight in boxing, and took only 1 year to make it happen while other champs are drawing shyt out and ducking in a major way. Only a fan of cowardice would try to attack him over this."

Yes he could have faced weak opp at 175, but kov and Stevenson are the only money fights there. He's cashing out, quit this "chasing greatness" shyt, only in this era of protected fighters is a guy fighting the top dog in his division some major feat. The whole GGG saga was hot air too, he never wanted that fight at 168 because he couldn't even make the division.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
          Beg b1tch!
          It must be hard being a Garcia fan. The only time you get to talk about him is when you're discussing cherry picks. When was the last time you could actually talk about one of his fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post

Yes he could have faced weak opp at 175, but kov and Stevenson are the only money fights there. He's cashing out, quit this "chasing greatness" shyt, only in this era of protected fighters is a guy fighting the top dog in his division some major feat. The whole GGG saga was hot air too, he never wanted that fight at 168 because he couldn't even make the division.
            Lol, fighting Kovalev is "cashing out". I'm going to go chat with actual boxing fans now. You can get in the last word.

Comment

Lol, fighting Kovalev is "cashing out". I'm going to go chat with actual boxing fans now. You can get in the last word.
              What other big fights are there for him?

Comment

Fight On and keep winning and they will have no choice but the fight you eventually or they will run to 154 to avoid him.

Spence Jr is still young and has time to hunt them down 1 by 1 but Spence himself seems as if he could outgrow the Division Soon as well, he is a Massive Welterweight but yes of course I want to see him vs Thurman and Garcia but I don't think either in that Division are in a rush to face him

Comment

I get the sense that he absolutely does. He doesn't seem to have much fear or even healthy caution at this point. Personally, I think he needs a couple more fights to settle into "that level" but if he wants to charge in head first, more power to him. He's already got a big enough name to make it worthwhile for just about anyone.

Pretty much how I see it. Kid is a special talent imo, but he still needs work. Best to pick up the IBF, get a couple nice defenses in against quality opposition that will give him new looks and then go after the other champions. As high as I am on him, I feel he loses to Thurman if they fought next.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                    Pretty much how I see it. Kid is a special talent imo, but he still needs work. Best to pick up the IBF, get a couple nice defenses in against quality opposition that will give him new looks and then go after the other champions. As high as I am on him, I feel he loses to Thurman if they fought next.
                    Indeed. I'm sure he believes he can do it, but he needs to be tempered. Errol gets a little lax on his defense when he lays on his offensive bursts and Keith is not the kind of guy you can do that against.

Comment

Isn't Thurman and Garcia fighting next year? If he's talking about fighting the winner of the fight I don't think it would bode well with Thurman, particularly. Haven't seen a fighter taking 3 tough fights in a row. I don't see Garcia fighting Spence either after his fight with Thurman.

And why would he even wait and take a long layoff?

Why not focus on fights that could be made realistically NOW?

Comment

Working...
                      X