Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Starts Training Camp Next Week For 12/10, Says Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    Funny how Canelos team backtracked on fighting Monroe after the Rosado fight. They literally said it'd be too difficult of a fight. So if they thought that, why say they'd fight him.

It's funny how both Stevens and Lemiuex are being ducked at MW.

But whatever.

GGG has made plenty of sacrifices, in just about every fight he's had. He shouldn't make any more. These clown duck him left and right and he's supposed to what, give them more money. **** that.

It's asinine to say GGG has refused to take a risk, what top MW has he not tried to fight since coming to HBO?

Segio? He tried.
    Sturm? He tried
    Cotto?
    Jacobs?
    Canelo?
    Quillin?
    Suanders?

As for Canelo dangling Monroe, what are you in their ****ing team. Give me a break. They literally wanted rosado to win so Canelo could have an easier fight. Monroe wouldn't best Canelo, but Canelo wouldn't ko him in the manner GGG and it very well could go to the cards.

They literally saw that Rosado had a tough time getting to Monroe and decided he could make Canelo look bad. That's clear as day.

Monroe isn't a C fighter either. Guys are not running to fight him over what Mora. Come on now.
    Your right Monroe isn't a C class fighter. He's a D class fighter. Saunders Eubank are C Class.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      I'd like to know what sacrifices Golovkin didn't make to get someone on the ring. I hear people say this from time to time but I can't think of any examples where Golovkin did that. Canelo, we obviously don't need to go over that since he dropped the belt without negotiating. Saunders was demanding money that wasn't there (pricing himself out), Jacobs, Eubank and so on. The only one possible example is Andre Ward, when Roc Nation briefly made contact with K2 about a potential fight a year or so down the road when Golovkin was signed to fight Lemeuix with the expectation of fighting Canelo soon after. That's it. With hindsight you can say sure, Golovkin should have taken the deal for a fight a year away but that's with hindsight and knowing that Canelo would drop the title after agreeing to fight Golovkin after the extension he asked for. Everyone else, Golovkin/K2 have done what they can (travel to the UK, get into mandatory positions to force fights, etc).

This is just BS. K2 can only offer what the networks are willing to pay. Outside of Canelo, none of these guys are going to draw big numbers, Gennady himself doesn't make big money. Before Brook, the most money Golovkin had ever made was $2m, which was a big increase from his previous biggest payday of $1.5m against Lemeuix on PPV. People act like K2 can toss around several million dollars against guys who don't have names while Golovkin himself isn't make a ton of cash. Its no different from anyone else, look at PBC and their purses, especially when it's a named fighter vs a no name (you'll see the usual $1m-$1.5m vs $250k, etc.). This is how boxing works.

When it comes to these potential Golovkin opponents, they are asking for more money than Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Timothy Bradley make and so on. Hell, Bradley made like $4m against Pacquiao on PPV, and yet you see guys like Jacobs and Saunders asking for more than these guys to fight Golovkin. But of course you blame K2 for that rather than the guys who clearly are pricing themselves out. Defend the guys who say things like "I need another year and a half before I'm ready to fight Golovkin" and "Golovkin would knock both of us out on the same night!", that's worth defending. Imagine if Golovkin said stuff like this! NSB would explode. It's such backwards thinking, makes no sense to blame the guy trying to make the fights rather than the guys who always have excuses, always some new obstacle in the way.
      I don't know?? But not taking $10,00,000 to fight Canelo kind of comes mind?? I guess when almost everyone else would take that in a heartbeat

How come when guys want more to fight GGG it's ducking or pricing themselves out of the fight?? But GGG wanting a CRAZY 60/40 or 50/50 isn't???

Comment

• If anyone really thought Rosado or Monroe really was going to fight Canelo next I hope you don't gamble.

Neither one is ranked in Top 10 at MW. Canelo has to fight a top 10 next or hell be stripped of his ring magazine belt. Same thing goes if he fights again at 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          I'd like to know what sacrifices Golovkin didn't make to get someone on the ring. I hear people say this from time to time but I can't think of any examples where Golovkin did that. Canelo, we obviously don't need to go over that since he dropped the belt without negotiating. Saunders was demanding money that wasn't there (pricing himself out), Jacobs, Eubank and so on. The only one possible example is Andre Ward, when Roc Nation briefly made contact with K2 about a potential fight a year or so down the road when Golovkin was signed to fight Lemeuix with the expectation of fighting Canelo soon after. That's it. With hindsight you can say sure, Golovkin should have taken the deal for a fight a year away but that's with hindsight and knowing that Canelo would drop the title after agreeing to fight Golovkin after the extension he asked for. Everyone else, Golovkin/K2 have done what they can (travel to the UK, get into mandatory positions to force fights, etc).

This is just BS. K2 can only offer what the networks are willing to pay. Outside of Canelo, none of these guys are going to draw big numbers, Gennady himself doesn't make big money. Before Brook, the most money Golovkin had ever made was $2m, which was a big increase from his previous biggest payday of $1.5m against Lemeuix on PPV. People act like K2 can toss around several million dollars against guys who don't have names while Golovkin himself isn't make a ton of cash. Its no different from anyone else, look at PBC and their purses, especially when it's a named fighter vs a no name (you'll see the usual $1m-$1.5m vs $250k, etc.). This is how boxing works.

When it comes to these potential Golovkin opponents, they are asking for more money than Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Timothy Bradley make and so on. Hell, Bradley made like $4m against Pacquiao on PPV, and yet you see guys like Jacobs and Saunders asking for more than these guys to fight Golovkin. But of course you blame K2 for that rather than the guys who clearly are pricing themselves out. Defend the guys who say things like "I need another year and a half before I'm ready to fight Golovkin" and "Golovkin would knock both of us out on the same night!", that's worth defending. Imagine if Golovkin said stuff like this! NSB would explode. It's such backwards thinking, makes no sense to blame the guy trying to make the fights rather than the guys who always have excuses, always some new obstacle in the way.
          First off I don't blame Gennady, I've always blamed Tom & K2

And believe they'll take the short $ to get Canelo but don't make it seem they will jump through hurdles to make legacy fights when that hasn't been the case

K2 is only trying to make fights that Gennady would be the clear favorite in, Can you name 1 fight that they'd make where it be close to even that his team has pursued ?? No because they don't do it , that's why no sacrifices have been made

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
          Funny how Canelos team backtracked on fighting Monroe after the Rosado fight. They literally said it'd be too difficult of a fight. So if they thought that, why say they'd fight him.

It's funny how both Stevens and Lemiuex are being ducked at MW.

But whatever.

GGG has made plenty of sacrifices, in just about every fight he's had. He shouldn't make any more. These clown duck him left and right and he's supposed to what, give them more money. **** that.

It's asinine to say GGG has refused to take a risk, what top MW has he not tried to fight since coming to HBO?

Segio? He tried.
          Sturm? He tried
          Cotto?
          Jacobs?
          Canelo?
          Quillin?
          Suanders?

As for Canelo dangling Monroe, what are you in their ****ing team. Give me a break. They literally wanted rosado to win so Canelo could have an easier fight. Monroe wouldn't best Canelo, but Canelo wouldn't ko him in the manner GGG and it very well could go to the cards.

They literally saw that Rosado had a tough time getting to Monroe and decided he could make Canelo look bad. That's clear as day.

Monroe isn't a C fighter either. Guys are not running to fight him over what Mora. Come on now.

Is this post aaa joke , are you high ?? Or is Toms d.ick lodged that far down your throat that reason becomes something you can't comprehend

Monroe isn't being considered because he brings nothing to the table except maybe 9 fans a bit of movement, Yeah they saw Rosado who I'm a fan of but is no where near the level of Canelo lose to Willie and this scared them off. Is this reality ??

Did you seriously type that Lemiuex & Stevns are being avoided at MW, Jesus f.ucking christ this is so pathetic. Because Saunders wasn't gaurenteed a Canelo fight and doesn't want to fight now these 2 are avoided. Give your head a shake

My bad Monroes is pure A class, future HOF his wins over Vera and Rosado proved that

If you think Gennadys team is making sacrifices to make big fight there's no need to even debate any more you win by pure ******ation

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
          As for Ward, what do you mean the fight with Kov was easy to make! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Ward was massively difficult to deal with, at one point not showing up to a conferences. For awhile it seemed he'd push the fight back further.

And it's a lie to say he wanted to fight GGG right away, he wanted GGG to wait 18 months while he tuned up to fight a small ****ing MW. And he knew GGG just lined up a few unification fights, one with Canelo, the biggest fight out there.

And now Ward wants to say if the GGG fight is ever to happen he's making NO CONSESSIONS. WEll no shiiiit, ITS "THE SON OF GOD."

Ward is really hard to deal with, ask Froch, ask Bute, ask Dawson, as the entire mother ****ing super six crew. Ward wasn't even supposed to be in the tourney, got let in, and instantly started making demands. Oh because he's an American Olympian. Ask anybody who has dealt with Ward.

The man never makes concessions. Fights only at home.

If not in Oakland, his fights have to be in America. He refused to fight Froch in the uk even though it would be huge. He wouldn't fight Bute when dude was destroying folks. Ward always has to have home ring advantage. Always.

You know who doesn't ever fight at home, Golovkin. He is fighting in UK against uk fighter.

He is trying to fight Jacobs in New York, Jacobs home.

Ward wouldn't meet Dawson at a Catchweight. Dawson was drained.

Ward is not easy to deal with, and him chasing a small MW and needing 18 months before the fight was a public relations move. Not to mention Ward just hating on GGG.

Yup more jib jab, 18 months why stop there why not say 48 months, refuses to fight outside of Oakland but his next fight is in Vegas, got it

Not showing up to a press conference he wasn't supposed to go to that didn't hinder the fight at all , yup got it

Won't fight Froch in UK,even though Froch brother told Virgil they don't want the fight, ok got it , could you blame him though if Frich was standing by the end he'd probably get the decision

Like I said if you gave Tom a choice of a) Gennady fighting Ward or b) getting cancer he'd probably pick B

Wards impossible to deal with, no he just knows his worth and refuses to get d.icked around

But he's just hating on Gennady though

Comment

• I don't get why people accuse golovkin of short changing people. Even if Jacobs has to accept the wba RULES he'll probably still get a career high payday. Has Jacobs even been a proper world champ before? He's just another challenger. Golovkin will knock his block off same as everyone else which is the reason Jacobs had the cheek to ask wba to change their rules, because he knows he's going to lose, everybody knows he's going to lose. Golovkin is one of the most popular fighters in the world and he holds every other belt apart from Saunders. How can we take Jacobs seriously when he's already tried pricing himself out of a fight and recently said he needs another eighteen months! He's no different from Saunders, Eubank, or any of the other duckers

Comment

• What I was getting at was the Fan-boys who say jacobs was running from the fight, because of the purse, should say the same about g when he does the samething...but you know they will not, its different if its their new fav, like when he said 154-168lbs and Ward called his bluff, he didnt take the fight at 168lbs...he said he'd go down in weight for a big fight, with Canelo now he says he will not go down, and thats the biggest fight he can possibly get, he criticized Canelo for fighting Khan and then he went and fought a guy TWO weight classes lower than him, just screwing with hypocrites that wanna be taken serious with their argument when their fighter keeps pulling the same BS that they criticize every other fighter for doing...lo

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                I don't know?? But not taking $10,00,000 to fight Canelo kind of comes mind?? I guess when almost everyone else would take that in a heartbeat

How come when guys want more to fight GGG it's ducking or pricing themselves out of the fight?? But GGG wanting a CRAZY 60/40 or 50/50 isn't???
                Because GGG isn't asking 50/50 !! They've already said Canelo is the A-side and there is no way that GGG should accept $10M when the fight possibility generates more than $100M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Lets see GGG move up like Mayweather and "stalk his prey" against bigger fighters.

GGG is a KO waiting to happen.
                  I am sorry did the fight between ggg vs floyd at 154 lbs happen already ??? The invitation still there for him to accept the challenge , mfer will be knock the f out of the ring right into his dumb dad's lap lol

Comment

• Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                    He's gonna fight either Ramirez or Saunders I'm calling it

he won't fight Jacobs, Saunders, OR Ramirez LMAO

The Jacobs will fall through, as planned..... and they will hastily arrange yet another a Heiland-level opponent, as planned

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                      First off I don't blame Gennady, I've always blamed Tom & K2

And believe they'll take the short $ to get Canelo but don't make it seem they will jump through hurdles to make legacy fights when that hasn't been the case

K2 is only trying to make fights that Gennady would be the clear favorite in, Can you name 1 fight that they'd make where it be close to even that his team has pursued ?? No because they don't do it , that's why no sacrifices have been made

Is this post aaa joke , are you high ?? Or is Toms d.ick lodged that far down your throat that reason becomes something you can't comprehend

Monroe isn't being considered because he brings nothing to the table except maybe 9 fans a bit of movement, Yeah they saw Rosado who I'm a fan of but is no where near the level of Canelo lose to Willie and this scared them off. Is this reality ??

Did you seriously type that Lemiuex & Stevns are being avoided at MW, Jesus f.ucking christ this is so pathetic. Because Saunders wasn't gaurenteed a Canelo fight and doesn't want to fight now these 2 are avoided. Give your head a shake

My bad Monroes is pure A class, future HOF his wins over Vera and Rosado proved that

If you think Gennadys team is making sacrifices to make big fight there's no need to even debate any more you win by pure ******ation

Yup more jib jab, 18 months why stop there why not say 48 months, refuses to fight outside of Oakland but his next fight is in Vegas, got it

Not showing up to a press conference he wasn't supposed to go to that didn't hinder the fight at all , yup got it

Won't fight Froch in UK,even though Froch brother told Virgil they don't want the fight, ok got it , could you blame him though if Frich was standing by the end he'd probably get the decision

Like I said if you gave Tom a choice of a) Gennady fighting Ward or b) getting cancer he'd probably pick B

Wards impossible to deal with, no he just knows his worth and refuses to get d.icked around

But he's just hating on Gennady though

a very good post

all I have ever said...... Team Golovkin are making the exact same risk/reward decisions as every other fighter..... they are taking the fights they want, and are passing on the rest.

That " avoided killer, who will fight anyone " schtick..... is clearly utter rubbish..... the naivety/stupidity of the average casual fan has enabled Team Golovkin to spin that line ad nauseum

Comment

Working...
                      X