Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Starts Training Camp Next Week For 12/10, Says Sanchez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
    Its pretty simple GGG is a Boxer KO artist who stalks his pray like a predator his fights are always so exciting, floyd is just a bicyclist, his fights are not exciting and he does not ko people.

You are welcome.
    Lets see GGG move up like Mayweather and "stalk his prey" against bigger fighters.

GGG is a KO waiting to happen.

Comment

Jorge Sebastian Heiland, Alfonso Blanco and Tureano Johnson won't price themselves out.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
        Hell to get a title shot against Barker GGG would have fought for the exposure.

It's moronic for anyone to at this point expect GGG to make sacrifices just because he is bad azz.

Anyone with an objective mind sees what is happening. GGG will continue to make money while destroying anyone they put in front of him.
        Every fighter makes sacrifices to get them to that next level, Gennady should be held to that same standard

Who cares if he makes $ fighting no hopers, justify the Monroes,Lemiuex,Wades all you want but I don't think its too much to ask anP4P fighter to actually fight a risk and up until This point K2 has refused to do that, even though I feel the Jacobs fight will get made

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
        Ward is a joke when it comes to GGG. Ward is the hardest fighter to work with, he never wants to make any concessions.

When discussion of him and GGG fighting come up, he says he won't make any concession, although GGG is the one out selling him.

Ward hides his fight weight, but the one we have he was almost 190. He was heavier than Kov (186) fighting weight at LHW. Now Ward says he can hardily make LHW.

When he said he'd make no confession to GGG, he all but said to k2 he doesn't want to ever fight.

Wade was a injury replacement for a mandatory fight.

Brooks was a replacement because Canelo, Eubanks, Suanders all played ghost.

And Monroe is slick enough that Canelo team backtracked on fighting him because they thought his style was too tough. They literally said they may as well fight Lara. That's a gas.
        It's funny you say Ward is hard to deal with sure didn't seem that way when they wanted to get the Kov fight made. 50/50 isn't making a honest effort to make the fight,yeah ok buddy

Get a reality check Ward would fight Gennady in a second it's Tom that would rather catch AIDS then make GGG/Ward that's been clear as day for years , your obviously drinking the K2 kool-aid if you think Ward wouldn't take on Gennady but jumped at the chance to face a bigger threat in Kov.

Yeah yeah no one wants to face Gennady,most likely because K2 offers chump change or avoids at all costs fights that pose a risk

Wade or Tuereno, both are sh.it fights Mando or not

Canelos team had no intention of fighting Willie it was only dangled to him probably to make the fight if Gabe won the fight her probably be given the opprotunity( is it any wonder Saunders didn't take the fight ) GB is treating Canelo with kid gloves until they grow a pair and decide to toss him in with Gennady. Doesn't change the fact ,Willie is a C+ ( being generous) version of a slick boxer who's resume is Rosado and Vera

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Every fighter makes sacrifices to get them to that next level, Gennady should be held to that same standard

Who cares if he makes $ fighting no hopers, justify the Monroes,Lemiuex,Wades all you want but I don't think its too much to ask anP4P fighter to actually fight a risk and up until This point K2 has refused to do that, even though I feel the Jacobs fight will get made
          I'd like to know what sacrifices Golovkin didn't make to get someone on the ring. I hear people say this from time to time but I can't think of any examples where Golovkin did that. Canelo, we obviously don't need to go over that since he dropped the belt without negotiating. Saunders was demanding money that wasn't there (pricing himself out), Jacobs, Eubank and so on. The only one possible example is Andre Ward, when Roc Nation briefly made contact with K2 about a potential fight a year or so down the road when Golovkin was signed to fight Lemeuix with the expectation of fighting Canelo soon after. That's it. With hindsight you can say sure, Golovkin should have taken the deal for a fight a year away but that's with hindsight and knowing that Canelo would drop the title after agreeing to fight Golovkin after the extension he asked for. Everyone else, Golovkin/K2 have done what they can (travel to the UK, get into mandatory positions to force fights, etc).

Yeah yeah no one wants to face Gennady,most likely because K2 offers chump change or avoids at all costs fights that pose a risk
          This is just BS. K2 can only offer what the networks are willing to pay. Outside of Canelo, none of these guys are going to draw big numbers, Gennady himself doesn't make big money. Before Brook, the most money Golovkin had ever made was $2m, which was a big increase from his previous biggest payday of $1.5m against Lemeuix on PPV. People act like K2 can toss around several million dollars against guys who don't have names while Golovkin himself isn't make a ton of cash. Its no different from anyone else, look at PBC and their purses, especially when it's a named fighter vs a no name (you'll see the usual $1m-$1.5m vs $250k, etc.). This is how boxing works.

When it comes to these potential Golovkin opponents, they are asking for more money than Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Timothy Bradley make and so on. Hell, Bradley made like $4m against Pacquiao on PPV, and yet you see guys like Jacobs and Saunders asking for more than these guys to fight Golovkin. But of course you blame K2 for that rather than the guys who clearly are pricing themselves out. Defend the guys who say things like "I need another year and a half before I'm ready to fight Golovkin" and "Golovkin would knock both of us out on the same night!", that's worth defending. Imagine if Golovkin said stuff like this! NSB would explode. It's such backwards thinking, makes no sense to blame the guy trying to make the fights rather than the guys who always have excuses, always some new obstacle in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Monroe isn't Even a C class fighter. More like. D class..
            Funny how Canelos team backtracked on fighting Monroe after the Rosado fight. They literally said it'd be too difficult of a fight. So if they thought that, why say they'd fight him.

It's funny how both Stevens and Lemiuex are being ducked at MW.

But whatever.

It's funny you say Ward is hard to deal with sure didn't seem that way when they wanted to get the Kov fight made. 50/50 isn't making a honest effort to make the fight,yeah ok buddy
            GGG has made plenty of sacrifices, in just about every fight he's had. He shouldn't make any more. These clown duck him left and right and he's supposed to what, give them more money. **** that.

It's asinine to say GGG has refused to take a risk, what top MW has he not tried to fight since coming to HBO?

Segio? He tried.
            Sturm? He tried
            Cotto?
            Jacobs?
            Canelo?
            Quillin?
            Suanders?

As for Canelo dangling Monroe, what are you in their ****ing team. Give me a break. They literally wanted rosado to win so Canelo could have an easier fight. Monroe wouldn't best Canelo, but Canelo wouldn't ko him in the manner GGG and it very well could go to the cards.

They literally saw that Rosado had a tough time getting to Monroe and decided he could make Canelo look bad. That's clear as day.

Monroe isn't a C fighter either. Guys are not running to fight him over what Mora. Come on now.
            Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 10-16-2016, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Every

Get a reality check Ward would fight Gennady in a second it's Tom that would rather catch AIDS then make GGG/Ward that's been clear as day for years , your obviously drinking the K2 kool-aid if you think Ward wouldn't take on Gennady but jumped at the chance to face a bigger threat in Kov.
              As for Ward, what do you mean the fight with Kov was easy to make! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Ward was massively difficult to deal with, at one point not showing up to a conferences. For awhile it seemed he'd push the fight back further.

And it's a lie to say he wanted to fight GGG right away, he wanted GGG to wait 18 months while he tuned up to fight a small ****ing MW. And he knew GGG just lined up a few unification fights, one with Canelo, the biggest fight out there.

And now Ward wants to say if the GGG fight is ever to happen he's making NO CONSESSIONS. WEll no shiiiit, ITS "THE SON OF GOD."

Ward is really hard to deal with, ask Froch, ask Bute, ask Dawson, as the entire mother ****ing super six crew. Ward wasn't even supposed to be in the tourney, got let in, and instantly started making demands. Oh because he's an American Olympian. Ask anybody who has dealt with Ward.

The man never makes concessions. Fights only at home.

If not in Oakland, his fights have to be in America. He refused to fight Froch in the uk even though it would be huge. He wouldn't fight Bute when dude was destroying folks. Ward always has to have home ring advantage. Always.

You know who doesn't ever fight at home, Golovkin. He is fighting in UK against uk fighter.

He is trying to fight Jacobs in New York, Jacobs home.

Ward wouldn't meet Dawson at a Catchweight. Dawson was drained.

Ward is not easy to deal with, and him chasing a small MW and needing 18 months before the fight was a public relations move. Not to mention Ward just hating on GGG.
              Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 10-16-2016, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                I'd like to know what sacrifices Golovkin didn't make to get someone on the ring. I hear people say this from time to time but I can't think of any examples where Golovkin did that. Canelo, we obviously don't need to go over that since he dropped the belt without negotiating. Saunders was demanding money that wasn't there (pricing himself out), Jacobs, Eubank and so on. The only one possible example is Andre Ward, when Roc Nation briefly made contact with K2 about a potential fight a year or so down the road when Golovkin was signed to fight Lemeuix with the expectation of fighting Canelo soon after. That's it. With hindsight you can say sure, Golovkin should have taken the deal for a fight a year away but that's with hindsight and knowing that Canelo would drop the title after agreeing to fight Golovkin after the extension he asked for. Everyone else, Golovkin/K2 have done what they can (travel to the UK, get into mandatory positions to force fights, etc).

This is just BS. K2 can only offer what the networks are willing to pay. Outside of Canelo, none of these guys are going to draw big numbers, Gennady himself doesn't make big money. Before Brook, the most money Golovkin had ever made was $2m, which was a big increase from his previous biggest payday of $1.5m against Lemeuix on PPV. People act like K2 can toss around several million dollars against guys who don't have names while Golovkin himself isn't make a ton of cash. Its no different from anyone else, look at PBC and their purses, especially when it's a named fighter vs a no name (you'll see the usual $1m-$1.5m vs $250k, etc.). This is how boxing works.

When it comes to these potential Golovkin opponents, they are asking for more money than Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Timothy Bradley make and so on. Hell, Bradley made like $4m against Pacquiao on PPV, and yet you see guys like Jacobs and Saunders asking for more than these guys to fight Golovkin. But of course you blame K2 for that rather than the guys who clearly are pricing themselves out. Defend the guys who say things like "I need another year and a half before I'm ready to fight Golovkin" and "Golovkin would knock both of us out on the same night!", that's worth defending. Imagine if Golovkin said stuff like this! NSB would explode. It's such backwards thinking, makes no sense to blame the guy trying to make the fights rather than the guys who always have excuses, always some new obstacle in the way.
                When GGG was in Jacobs position, having a title but wanting to prove he was the top MW, he was willing to fight for basically nothing.

These guys expect GGG to make money CONSESSIONS just because he may embarrass them.

It cracks me up, because I bet you ever one of these GGG haters know damn well these guys are asking for money that is not there.

They don't want GGG to get Canelo and Jacobs, or anyone that is remotely known, because they like pretending he is destroying top ten MW for last five years and making guts duck like they in a drive by.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  Who cares about belts? This is business. If I can make similar money fighting the Mora's of the world that I can fighting GGG, I'm fighting the Moras until I either no linger can. Or, until GGG (or any tough opponent) makes me more money. GGG does the same thing. When its GGG, its business. When guys turn around and do it to GGG, yall yap about all this honor and glory garbage. You and your kind are pure hypocrites.
                  This is the problem with todays fighters and fans. If you are not in a sport to be the world champion then you are in the wrong profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Raimondo View Post
                    Jorge Sebastian Heiland, Alfonso Blanco and Tureano Johnson won't price themselves out.
                    And Jacobs would beat all of them. Probably all in the same night.

I'm not looking forward to which ever ones gets the GGG fight. I'm passing on the mismatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      Funny how Canelos team backtracked on fighting Monroe after the Rosado fight. They literally said it'd be too difficult of a fight. So if they thought that, why say they'd fight him.

It's funny how both Stevens and Lemiuex are being ducked at MW.

But whatever.

GGG has made plenty of sacrifices, in just about every fight he's had. He shouldn't make any more. These clown duck him left and right and he's supposed to what, give them more money. **** that.

It's asinine to say GGG has refused to take a risk, what top MW has he not tried to fight since coming to HBO?

Segio? He tried.
                      Sturm? He tried
                      Cotto?
                      Jacobs?
                      Canelo?
                      Quillin?
                      Suanders?

As for Canelo dangling Monroe, what are you in their ****ing team. Give me a break. They literally wanted rosado to win so Canelo could have an easier fight. Monroe wouldn't best Canelo, but Canelo wouldn't ko him in the manner GGG and it very well could go to the cards.

They literally saw that Rosado had a tough time getting to Monroe and decided he could make Canelo look bad. That's clear as day.

Monroe isn't a C fighter either. Guys are not running to fight him over what Mora. Come on now.
                      Show me the link where they saidnMonroe was too difficult of a fighter??? 1st I heard that??? AGAIN did you even see his last fight??? It was terrible! And everyone was BOOing!!! De La Hoya would get BLASTED making this sht fight.

Stop being an R-Tard and trying to BS and lie about how good Monroe is.

Comment

Working...
                      X