No announcement yet.

Lara has a knack for......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
    I forgot about one thing,K2 need to prepare on scenario where GBP will try to take BJS from them,its make it all more complicated.
    Absolutely. I've been saying right from the start that GBP should be gunning for Saunders, far less risk - Saunders ain't Knocking out Canelo and even a close fight (BJS is a good boxer despite his BS) would undoubtedly go Canelos way. And of course Saunders' strap would make any prospective Golovkin clash that much bigger and put Canelo in an even stronger bargaining position. Hard to see why Saunders would prefer to fight Golovkin than Canelo, despite what he's been saying. Somehow Billie Joe ain't coming across to me as a guy that's just in it for the glory ... none of them do actually, not that I fault em, but then I'm just an old cynic.

Comment

Loeffler contacted Haymom/DiBella and asked about possible match-ups between their fighters and GGG. Lara's manager responded with a list of reasons why the fight won't happen.

He hasn't posted any twitter challenges to Golovkin since then.
      Last edited by kafkod; 10-15-2016, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I don't know. Nor do I care. My mind isn't looking for excuses or trying to resolve business factors that we as boxing fans know almost nothing about.

As I said, I would love to see the fight and I think it benefits Golovkin a lot. We don't know 1% of what goes on in their negotiations so no fan is going to lure me down that road. That would be like children debating what makes a successful marriage. They don't know.
        If you don't know, you shouldn't be saying:

"Too bad ggg's entire team denies the existence of Lara."

No one ever payed Lara more than 1 million, not even Canelo. If Lara wants the fight, then take it for 1 million or less.

In boxing you get paid as much as you generate, and if you want much more, it means you don't want the fight.

Comment

I think it would be a great fight. Lara is a bore but can really be interesting to watch when someone is pursuing him.
          Would be the best win of Golovkin's career.
          To bad ggg's entire team denies the existence of Lara.
          Beating a B level SWW would do nothing at all for GGG's resume.

Lara won't even fight any of the other belt holders in his own division. The chances of him moving up to get wiped out by GGG are remote, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
            well i know you love GGG Maxi but if K2 dont want to spend some money to give GGG good rivals,we wont see anybody good fighting with him,nobody will risk for 500k-1m
            I agree but he got 1 million for the cash cow, what else does he expect?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              I agree but he got 1 million for the cash cow, what else does he expect?
              I think that if they give 1m its no problem (also we are just speculating now cuse There was never serious talk about this fight)i think it Would be big fight,ppl want to see ggg Challenged ,some ppl get angry and call lara B level,but lets wait maybe ggg-Jacobs is not totaly dead.

Comment

Erislandy would derail the GGG train cmon guys. 119-109. It would be very boring. NO WAY GGG KOes him or outboxes him.

Comment

Originally posted by BEEHOP View Post
                  Erislandy would derail the GGG train cmon guys. 119-109. It would be very boring. NO WAY GGG KOes him or outboxes him.
                  Just like your boy crush on BHOP that got derailed in a 120-108 against Kovalev?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    If you don't know, you shouldn't be saying:

"Too bad ggg's entire team denies the existence of Lara."

No one ever payed Lara more than 1 million, not even Canelo. If Lara wants the fight, then take it for 1 million or less.

In boxing you get paid as much as you generate, and if you want much more, it means you don't want the fight.
                    Your sound ridiculous talking about who is getting what and the feasibility of it all. You know nothing about how much they can afford to pay him or what they may or may not have agreed to. You've never worked in that biz or have ever even understood the mechanics behind it. You know interviews and rumors. You're a fan. Stay in your lane.

In regard to the line you quoted from the, that doesn't even have anything to do with pay so why the hell are you bringing it up?? I was referring to the fact that they will not talk about Lara or acknowledge him even though he's CONSTANTLY mocking ggg and calling him out. They can't STFU about Canelo and Ward so I know they pay attention to that stuff. They are mum regarding Lara though.

Comment

I think it would be a great fight. Lara is a bore but can really be interesting to watch when someone is pursuing him.
                      Would be the best win of Golovkin's career.
                      To bad ggg's entire team denies the existence of Lara.
                      A win over a smaller fighter would be the best win of GGGs career? Spoken like a Canelo fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X