No announcement yet.

GGG's competition - how good is it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
    Hell was Sven Ottke ever on the p4p list?
    He shouldn't have been. I don't think Zhage was and he was better than both of them. How GGG is on the list though I don't know, it's not like he's whiter than these guys. So what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Yeah but he was so much better than the super champ that he resorted to bribery to avoid the mando
      That DID play a factor. And what about all of the excuses?

Martinez- too old for "that monster"

Cotto- too old. He shouldn't get in there to get hurt.

If GGG isn't very good, shouldn't a veteran like Cotto be able to school him?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        He shouldn't have been. I don't think Zhage was and he was better than both of them. How GGG is on the list though I don't know, it's not like he's whiter than these guys. So what gives?
        I'd say the biggest factor is dominance and the KOs/TKOs.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          Calzaghe was as high as p4p#2

Comment

Nice original thread.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
              Calzaghe was as high as p4p#2
              Before he beat Kessler? I don't think he was on the list and he had Eubank and Lacy on his ledger. He had some names. GGG doesn't even have that

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Though I think 175 is too much to speculate right now (having not seen how he fills out at 168), I think he could actually be competitive with a lot of guys at 175, though he'd be under-sized. He'd clean up at 168 today, IMO. At 175, he'd be B-level, beating Pascal, hanging with Fonfara, losing to Ward, Kov, and Stevenson.
                Yeah, that's the way I would see it playing out as well. I really wonder if the fights at 168 would be big money fights though. I can see Degale drawing a big crowd in the UK. I don't see that Jack has much of a following. Ramirez in Vegas or Los Angeles might be a draw, though. There is potential.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  Nice original thread.
                  Yes,real thought provoking

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    Nice original thread.
                    LOL.

That was well considered, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      Yeah, that's the way I would see it playing out as well. I really wonder if the fights at 168 would be big money fights though. I can see Degale drawing a big crowd in the UK. I don't see that Jack has much of a following. Ramirez in Vegas or Los Angeles might be a draw, though. There is potential.
                      Though I don't think much of Bute, Canadians support their guys and there would be money in fighting Lucian there.
                      Jack would draw some interest. As would Groves, Degale, and any number of guys. Even more interest than the dead weight at 160 because people would be intrigued to see GGG challenge himself.
                      If money was the issue, then 168 would only be a positive move since there are better fights there than 160 (before anyone brings up Canelo, he clearly isn't fighting at 160 yet, let alone fighting Golovkin there).

BTW, your sig, is he the British comedian that wears the crazy outfits?

Comment

Working...
                      X