Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: Loeffler Tells The WBA a Purse Bid is Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Dude they already offered him way more than 25%, per Jacobs himself, the famous 2 Quillins.
    If K2 already offered Daniel Jacobs, as you seem to want to insist, $3m for this coming fight, I sincerely wonder what they have offered Golovkin for this proposed December fight.

Because, even if they offered Golovkin the shorter money at $2m (there's no way in hell that they actually did that), the company is on the hook for $5m, plus the cost of putting on the undercard fights, plus the costs of staging the full event, while only apparently working with the rights fee for HBO Championship Boxing (in addition to the live gate) to hopefully try and cover the costs and try to make their own money.

Then again, I'd hope that you're not that dumb to actually believe what you've written.

K2 is basically working with HBO's TV rights fee (an amount that's been able to go up some, due to Alvarez not having his fight), the projected live gate off a pretty big fight for NYC (for perspective, Cotto-Margarito 2 ended up apparently doing $3m at the live gate), event sponsors, international TV, and whatever other revenue streams, while also having their fighter (Golovkin) at the point where he's likely getting a disclosed $2m to simply step into the ring.

K2's current offer to Jacobs was likely nowhere near $3m; no different than the shenanigans that came about with the talks for the Saunders unification, I doubt that K2's actual fight offer was even for a third of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
      It took only two days for Brook to sign the contract so we all know, team GGG is not hard to negotiate if its fair. And Brook is so much more recognizable champion then Mister I got knock the f out by Pirog. This p1ece of **** Jacob better sign that contract...//
      Team GGG showed up for a flat fee package (depending on whom you believe, Golovkin's fee ended up being $4m-$5m).

Matchroom Sport had the deal entirely done, Matchroom Sport was going to make their own money on how well the event actually ended up doing, and Matchroom Sport simply needed a fighter to split the event proceeds 20/80 with.

When EubankJr couldn't be delivered, Kell Brook stepped in.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        Explain to us all.....how the hell do you know that as a fact?
        So you dont read the news section here? Let me guess: No?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          ‘Wait a second. I could fight two Peter Quillins and make the same thing.’ - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-il....DVeVsLY5.dpuf
          Nowhere in the article does it ever say that K2 offered Daniel Jacobs $3m to fight Golovkin; Jacobs made it clear that he wasn't going to take the fight for **** money, and his camp seems to be prepping to max out on the purse bid because K2 seems to have been apparently offering **** money.

nice try though

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
            Actually it's K2's fiduciary duty to get him the best deal possible. Why would they negotiate with Jacobs' side when Golovkin is entitled to a 75% split if it goes to a purse bid?

You can cry all you want about what's fair and what's not, but every promoter in K2's position would have done the exact same thing.
            K2, as a promoter, is actually under no fiduciary obligation for ****; that responsibility falls to Golovkin's manager. With Golovkin's manager apparently doing his job (have no doubt that Golovkin ends up being guaranteed $2m for the fight), K2 can't seem to close the deal and not lose their ass on the fight.

Golovkin is entitled to 75% of the winning purse bid, per current WBA rules (he and K2 will share that as they will); in not avoiding the bid, K2 is risking not having any share in the upside on the event.

K2 is betting that they're wallet for the fight is bigger, so we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              rubbish eddie, they went to the UK for Eubank

get your story straight

and btw, if you really did notice that I "have brought up brook 500 times in this one thread", then you must have also noticed that we already popped that "Brook is a cashcow" bubble

NOBODY has ever referred to Brook as a lucrative opponent, NOBODY

see above

my point is this..... those class clowns are desperate for exposure, and yet they turned down 10mil to fight the little red kid..... wtf??????????

FACT: they have never landed a meaningful EVER, they look to be avoiding them

and now, you really think that they are negotiating in good faith with Jacobs, despite first offering him Quillin-money, and then forcing an early purse-bid?

come on, you guys don't believe that..... so no point trying to spin it to me
              but wouldn't your rotten brain agree that Lemiuex was a fighter that most people like you, said GGG would duck. only until after GGG exposed him and stopped him did you begin tearing his credibility as a fighter apart. It seems like you know GGG is the best fighter in the world. and the other fighters in his weight division just don't want the beating.

When GGG was asking for a better split for Canelo you told him to take the offer.
              When Saunders wanted a better purse for GGG, you told GGG to make it happen.
              When Jacobs wanted more money for GGG, you want GGG to do it for Jacobs.

It seems that when the tables are turned, your sympathy for b side wanting more money changes when GGG is the b side.
              Stay consistent cause this is just phony.

It feels like you know GGG can't lose to any fighter close to his weight.
              SO your ego wants to "punish" him by making him take less money than he deserves because thats the only win you can have over him.

So later on you can say "haha, even though GGG demolished the competition he had to take a pay cut"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                With Jacobs' camp doing their due dilligence in clearing up the terms for this coming bid, it looks like K2 may not end up signing the checks for this one either.

DiBella Entertainment presents 'Golovkin vs Jacobs: King of New York'
                I'm fine with that as long as both men are ready to fight, I don't care for Loeffler and wish Olegg Hernan would be the one in control there..seriously Loeffler is too weak for what Golovkin needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  It's is YOUR interpretation that Jacobs statements indicate he doesn't want to fight. Others disgree...others agree. That's the debate. In my view there isn't enough info out there to form an opinion...but you guys like to assume that you know Loeffler's thoughts and every move.
                  It doesn't take much guessing and interpretation, it's all in the Jacobs interview. You just have to open your eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    K2 split the pot fairly with Hearn, because they actually wanted that fight

why is that so hard for you to understand ?
                    I guess you know better than Eddie Hearn now...who is on record on this topic. Which has been pointed out to you now countless times..

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      If K2 already offered Daniel Jacobs, as you seem to want to insist, $3m for this coming fight, I sincerely wonder what they have offered Golovkin for this proposed December fight.

Because, even if they offered Golovkin the shorter money at $2m (there's no way in hell that they actually did that), the company is on the hook for $5m, plus the cost of putting on the undercard fights, plus the costs of staging the full event, while only apparently working with the rights fee for HBO Championship Boxing (in addition to the live gate) to hopefully try and cover the costs and try to make their own money.

Then again, I'd hope that you're not that dumb to actually believe what you've written.

K2 is basically working with HBO's TV rights fee (an amount that's been able to go up some, due to Alvarez not having his fight), the projected live gate off a pretty big fight for NYC (for perspective, Cotto-Margarito 2 ended up apparently doing $3m at the live gate), event sponsors, international TV, and whatever other revenue streams, while also having their fighter (Golovkin) at the point where he's likely getting a disclosed $2m to simply step into the ring.

K2's current offer to Jacobs was likely nowhere near $3m; no different than the shenanigans that came about with the talks for the Saunders unification, I doubt that K2's actual fight offer was even for a third of that.
                      That's cause you're a proven idiot. This is more than a million, dumb fcuk

‘Wait a second. I could fight two Peter Quillins and make the same thing.’

Comment

Working...
                      X