Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any middleweight in history who could go toe to toe with GGG and beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
    Toe to toe? I believe Hagler will do it, mclellan, jackson, benn
    This. Add Mike McCallum to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
      Or is Golovkin too strong for any 160 lb human to go toe to toe?
      Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      Out of curiosity, if GGG is such a beast fighting toe to toe then why did he resort to outboxing Pepe La Pew?
      Serious question right here

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... Well: you say that, back then, the U.S. fighters were hungrier (!?!)... but... the Russians weren't they as hungrier as the U.S. ones ... ... based on what, tbh?...
        they're now bidnessman

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        you think he could go toe to toe with GGG with his chin? honest question
        imo he'll go toe to toe, GGG by rd 1 KO

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
          This. Add Mike McCallum to the list.

there are many fearless boxers back in the day, now, theyre just bidnessman

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... Well: you say that, back then, the U.S. fighters were hungrier (!?!)... but... the Russians weren't they as hungrier as the U.S. ones ... ... based on what, tbh?...
            Not sure. Maybe the Russian trainers didn't have the skill set the U.S. fighters had back then. Got me.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
              Monzon is ATG ,GGG is not tasted yet,Monzon was so good that he is 2nd or 3rd best MW of all the time on many lists,check out his fights its worth it.
              Actually, Monzon is #1 on many lists....though I don't think ANYBODY could beat Hagler in his prime.

Comment

Obviously not. Time travel match making is fantasy. Golovkin the best 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                  there are many fearless boxers back in the day, now, theyre just bidnessman
                  McCallum vs Jackson was at Jr Middleweight -- but they could have fought at SMW or even at LHW as well...

Comment

Seeing what Brook did at moments , I'd honestly wouldn't be surprised if De La Hoya at 160 beats him and think Leonard would play with him... Actual great MW's and it's not a contest.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                      Seeing what Brook did at moments , I'd honestly wouldn't be surprised if De La Hoya at 160 beats him and think Leonard would play with him... Actual great MW's and it's not a contest.
                      Golovkin kills De La Hoya. It would've been beautiful to see.

On the other hand, I can definitely see Leonard keeping himself out of harm's way enough to win a decision. NOT, however, by going "toe to toe."

Comment

Working...
                      X