Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Arum Taking Big Risk By Doing Independent Pay-Per-View

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    This ppv will flop hard I wonder what arum considers breaking even
    Why??? This is two styles that match up perfectly for a good action packed fight! Plus this is the best undercard top Skank has EVER done!!!

I'm buying. Vargas is way better than Rios and Algieri

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      What Bradley should be asking is "When is my next fight?" Manny is fighting the guy Bradley beat, yet Bradley is on the sidelines with a mic, and Manny and Jesse are wearing gloves! Bradley should be screaming for Garcia, Thurman, and Porter!
      What you're suggesting here is Bradley is being ignored by Arum when it can be easily assumed that Tim might be taking his time and not in a hurry to take another fight. Don't you think it would be dumb for Arum to put a ready-to- fight guy on a shelf for no reason? What exactly is your point?

And like I said, PBC fighters make peanuts compared to Bradley, yet they're in no rush to come back.
      Last edited by al-Xander; 10-04-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

What Bradley should be asking is "When is my next fight?" Manny is fighting the guy Bradley beat, yet Bradley is on the sidelines with a mic, and Manny and Jesse are wearing gloves! Bradley should be screaming for Garcia, Thurman, and Porter!
        Bradley should also be thanking Pat Russell. I'm not saying Vargas would of won but Bradley was rocked and who knows??? I've seen a few good fighters stopped within the lastb10 seconds before and they were winning as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
          What you're suggesting here is Bradley is being ignored by Arum when it can be easily assumed that Tim might be taking his time and not in a hurry to take another fight. Don't you think it would be dumb for Arum to put a ready-to- fight guy on a shelf for no reason? What exactly is your point?

And like I said, PBC fighters make peanuts compared to Bradley, yet they're in no rush to come back.
          What I'm saying is that Bradley, who has re-signed for 2 years, is not fighting, and has no fight scheduled. Manny, who retired after the Bradley fight, has come out of retirement, and will be fighting while Bradley is a commentator! Bradley, the guy who just re-signed a 2 year extension, and did not retire, should be asking Arum "when is my next fight?" I don't know where the PBC fighter thing is coming from? Since Bob and Al supposedly buried the hatchet, give Bradley a shot at "One-Time!'

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Bradley should also be thanking Pat Russell. I'm not saying Vargas would of won but Bradley was rocked and who knows??? I've seen a few good fighters stopped within the lastb10 seconds before and they were winning as well.
            Who was the ref in the Provodnikov fight?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              top rank has been running independent ppvs for years, albeit with smaller pinoy power/latin fury cards. And the 24/7 type promotional material is going to be aired on major networks with a much larger viewership than hbo.

The thing is....not a whole lot of people are going to buy this fight regardless. So arum removing hbo from the situation and spending their cut on a little promotion will likely result in a very similar ppv number.

Pacquiao diehards and boxing heads with money to spend are buying this, no one else. Regardless of who produces it.
              arum said mannys purse is smaller now so that will help out im sure!

Comment

Arum has been making a lot of changes that are non-HBO related, if you've noticed, like hiring Crystina Poncher full time, having separate round-by-round commentators, Arum getting scripted interviews after the fight, etc. It almost seemed like it's in preparation for TR's eventual split with HBO.

Comment

Who was the ref in the Provodnikov fight?
                  Haha I forgot about that fight??? He also F-d on another one! Dude was too damn old to ref. Good thing he retired after the fight.

Comment

Oh, well if Timothy Bradley says so then it must be

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Haha I forgot about that fight??? He also F-d on another one! Dude was too damn old to ref. Good thing he retired after the fight.
                      Ruslan won that fight! Bradley was out on his feet! Remember Ruslan had him doing back flips, but they called it a "slip."

Comment

Working...
                      X