Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Arum Taking Big Risk By Doing Independent Pay-Per-View

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley: Arum Taking Big Risk By Doing Independent Pay-Per-View

Bob Arum has helped make Timothy Bradley a wealthy man since becoming his promoter in 2011. It thus makes perfect sense that Bradley respects and appreciates Arum’s business acumen. The former junior welterweight and welterweight champion also appreciates the opportunity Arum has given him by making Bradley part of his broadcast team for the independently produced Manny Pacquiao-Jessie Vargas pay-per-view telecast November 5 in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hbo took big risks with rios, algieri and bradley 3 ppv and they all failed so now its rob arums turn to fail!

Comment

How is this a risk? Top Rank is a full fledged media company. They've had the infrastructure to broadcast PPVs top-to-bottom and have been doing so for years.

Comment

This ppv will flop hard I wonder what arum considers breaking even

Comment

What Bradley should be asking is "When is my next fight?" Manny is fighting the guy Bradley beat, yet Bradley is on the sidelines with a mic, and Manny and Jesse are wearing gloves! Bradley should be screaming for Garcia, Thurman, and Porter!

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            how is this a risk? Top rank is a full fledged media company. They've had the infrastructure to broadcast ppvs top-to-bottom and have been doing so for years.
            its a risk because no one knows who the hell jessie vargas is!

Comment

It will fail like the Rios and Algeri fights.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                How is this a risk? Top Rank is a full fledged media company. They've had the infrastructure to broadcast PPVs top-to-bottom and have been doing so for years.
                I imagine attracting casuals is a bit easier when you are on a major network like HBO, but then again there may be people (like myself) who are cutting cable out entirely and would like to purchase PPVs online.

I don't necessarily know if this will cost Arum but there are certainly some unknowns here. The only other PPV he offered through TR to my knowledge was Pac-Bradley III, but that was in addition to selling it on HBO and it still didn't do quite what they were hoping for.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-04-2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  I imagine attracting casuals is a bit easier when you are on a major network like HBO, but then again there may be people (like myself) who are cutting cable out entirely and would like to purchase PPVs online.

I don't necessarily know if this will cost Arum but there are certainly some unknowns here. The only other PPV he offered through TR to my knowledge was Pac-Bradley III, but that was in addition to selling it on HBO and it still didn't do quite what they were hoping for.
                  I think a lot of people are getting rid of cable completely and just watching online.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
                    its a risk because no one knows who the hell jessie vargas is!
                    Top Rank has been running independent PPVs for years, albeit with smaller Pinoy Power/Latin Fury cards. And the 24/7 type promotional material is going to be aired on major networks with a much larger viewership than HBO.

The thing is....not a whole lot of people are going to buy this fight regardless. So Arum removing HBO from the situation and spending their cut on a little promotion will likely result in a very similar PPV number.

Pacquiao diehards and boxing heads with money to spend are buying this, no one else. Regardless of who produces it.
                    Last edited by paulf; 10-04-2016, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X