Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Canelo, Golovkin Need Saunders' Belt Before They Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    they already offered saunders a 2 fight deal which included canelo, but saunders rejected for some dumb reason... they have been making the effort to get saunders, but saunders is just too dumb...

Saunders said they would not guarantee a Canelo fight after Rosado, so he passed.

They offered a 1-fight deal, according to Saunders.

He stated that publicly in the video/article that was posted yesterday here on boxingscene

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      i dont think BJS wants to fight ggg, he just uses his name to get more money from canelo when negotiations come...

yep ^^

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        That link is just an ESPN index page. There was no 2 fight deal offered to Saunders, it was all just gossip and speculation. And according to BJS, the reason he didn't accept a fight on the undercard was that Oscar offered him peanuts for it.

Nope !

BJS stated YESTERDAY, in the video posted here on boxingscene..... that he passed because 1) they would not guarantee Canelo next 2) he did not consider Rosado a good enough opponent considering the fact that they would not guarantee Canelo next

not sure if I agree, but that is what he said

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          that is why Golovkin wouldn't fight Lara
          Did you not read the reports about Loeffler contacting Haymon and Dibella to ask about the possibility of any of their guys fighting GGG?

Lara's manager came up with a few reasons why Lara/GGG couldn't happen. "Golovkin doesn't want it" wasn't one of them.

He hasn't posted any more twitter challenges to GGG since then.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Nope !

BJS stated YESTERDAY, in the video posted here on boxingscene..... that he passed because 1) they would not guarantee Canelo next 2) he did not consider Rosado a good enough opponent considering the fact that they would not guarantee Canelo next

not sure if I agree, but that is what he said
            In a video interview I watched last week he also said that he would have fought on the show if Oscar had been willing to pay him for it..

Comment

Working...
            X