Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Canelo, Golovkin Need Saunders' Belt Before They Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    I don't think Oscar will be keen for Canelo to fight BJS. That would be a bad match-up, stylistically, for young Master Plod.

Imo, Team Plod will be happy to sit back and let Golovkin come to the UK and do that job for them.
    they already offered saunders a 2 fight deal which included canelo, but saunders rejected for some dumb reason... they have been making the effort to get saunders, but saunders is just too dumb...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      they already offered saunders a 2 fight deal which included canelo, but saunders rejected for some dumb reason... they have been making the effort to get saunders, but saunders is just too dumb...
      There was no 2 fight deal offered to BJS. That was just people here gossiping after he was offered a fight on the Canelo/Smith undercard.

Comment

i dont think BJS wants to fight ggg, he just uses his name to get more money from canelo when negotiations come...

Comment

There was no 2 fight deal offered to BJS. That was just people here gossiping after he was offered a fight on the Canelo/Smith undercard.
          i guess ESPN is into the gossip business too...

Golden Boy and Frank Warren, Saunders' promoter, were in the midst of negotiating a deal under which Saunders would appear in the co-feature in his United States debut. If Alvarez and Saunders (23-0, 12 KOs), of England, both won, they would have a deal in place to meet in December on HBO as Alvarez, the lineal middleweight champion (but boxing at 155 pounds), builds up to 160 pounds in anticipation of a megafight against unified middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin next year.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ible-opponents

why else pay BJS big money for an undercard fight???
          canelo ducking saunders doe!!

Comment

i guess ESPN is into the gossip business too...

Golden Boy and Frank Warren, Saunders' promoter, were in the midst of negotiating a deal under which Saunders would appear in the co-feature in his United States debut. If Alvarez and Saunders (23-0, 12 KOs), of England, both won, they would have a deal in place to meet in December on HBO as Alvarez, the lineal middleweight champion (but boxing at 155 pounds), builds up to 160 pounds in anticipation of a megafight against unified middleweight titleholder Gennady Golovkin next year.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ible-opponents

why else pay BJS big money for an undercard fight???
            canelo ducking saunders doe!!
            That link is just an ESPN index page. There was no 2 fight deal offered to Saunders, it was all just gossip and speculation. And according to BJS, the reason he didn't accept a fight on the undercard was that Oscar offered him peanuts for it.
            Last edited by kafkod; 10-04-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

That link is just an ESPN index page. There was no 2 fight deal offered to Saunders, it was all just gossip and speculation.
              is an article wrote by Dan Rafael, but all gossip doe, they wanted saunders draw power on canelos undercard for no reason..

Comment

is an article wrote by Dan Rafael, but all gossip doe, they wanted saunders draw power on canelos undercard for no reason..
                Dan Rafael is full of shit. One of the worst professional sports journalists ever. Saunders says the reason he didn't fight on that show was that Oscar was offering him peanuts to do it.

Comment

Dan Rafael is full of shit. One of the worst professional sports journalists ever. Saunders says the reason he didn't fight on that show was that Oscar was offering him peanuts to do it.
                  yep, ESPN all about the gossip...

canelo needed saunders draw power on his undercard and had no intentions to fight him doe!!

Comment

GGG loves movers because he cuts the ring effortlessly and likes having space to let his long, arcing punches go.

Canelo cuts the ring like a rubber bendy knife cuts steak and he likes to have a size advantage over his opponents. BJS is a great mover and, like Canelo, he's big at 160.

Canelo would probably need help from the judges to get past Bill. GGG, I'm afraid, would beat him inside the distance.

the story: " GGG loves movers "

the truth: GGG has avoided them like the plague

cool story bro

Comment

Canelo vs BJS could well end up being a similar type of fight to Canelo vs Lara, and with the same out-come - Canelo getting the nod and a lot of fans complaining that he was gifted it by the judges. Canelo doesn't need another controversial decision win like that, which is why I don't think Oscar will make the match.

that is why Golovkin wouldn't fight Lara

Comment

Working...
                      X