Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Options Lacking at 168, No Reason To Move Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    theres no need for him to move up, middleweight is heating up nicely
    Heating up how? Jacobs is a bum. Saunders is a bum. The Canelo fight is at least a year off, with no guarantees. Folks talking about 54. GGG doesn't wanna fight Lara, arguably the top guy there. And Andrade nor the Charlo boys are anymore relevant than any of the guys at 68.

I wish yall would stop trying to hype up mediocre GGG opponents. GGG is camping out in a piss poor division, waiting for stars to come from lower divisions. And there's only two, Floyd and Canelo. And neither need GGG. Not only is GGG not willing to move up to make a superfight with the Ward-Kovalev winner. He's not even willing to move up to 68 and fight fighters of at least equal, if not slightly better than the guys yall are trying to overhype.

If unification is so important, why not unify at 68 or 75. At 68, outside of Sturm, all the beltholders have expressed a willingness to fight him. At 75, the Ward-Kovalev winner will have 3 of the 4 belts. Why limit yourself to 60 when there's other unification possibilities out there. That makes me question if unification is his true goal. Because to me he looks like a hypejob that's wanting to feast on a ****ty division.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      How is 5'10" walks around 170-173 not a big MW??? He a normal Middleweight so don't act like he's Tiny Tim.
      you just said he's a normal middleweight

normal does not equal big

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Heating up how? Jacobs is a bum. Saunders is a bum. The Canelo fight is at least a year off, with no guarantees. Folks talking about 54. GGG doesn't wanna fight Lara, arguably the top guy there. And Andrade nor the Charlo boys are anymore relevant than any of the guys at 68.

I wish yall would stop trying to hype up mediocre GGG opponents. GGG is camping out in a piss poor division, waiting for stars to come from lower divisions. And there's only two, Floyd and Canelo. And neither need GGG. Not only is GGG not willing to move up to make a superfight with the Ward-Kovalev winner. He's not even willing to move up to 68 and fight fighters of at least equal, if not slightly better than the guys yall are trying to overhype.

If unification is so important, why not unify at 68 or 75. At 68, outside of Sturm, all the beltholders have expressed a willingness to fight him. At 75, the Ward-Kovalev winner will have 3 of the 4 belts. Why limit yourself to 60 when there's other unification possibilities out there. That makes me question if unification is his true goal. Because to me he looks like a hypejob that's wanting to feast on a ****ty division.
        oh yeah, wow, how terrible of GGG not to be fighting the winner of a fight at 175 lol. Have you seen how muscular ward is compared to GGG now, and kovalevs twice the size. Saunders is a tricky boxer, jacobs has concussive power, they are good fighters. Canelo 'doesnt need' ggg, is that what its called now when you duck someone? Lara shouldnt be the first name on the list and he isnt, eubank, jacobs, saunders, canelo should all be ahead of him. its not some terrible sin fighting at your best weightclass, thats the whole point of a weightclass

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          oh yeah, wow, how terrible of GGG not to be fighting the winner of a fight at 175 lol. Have you seen how muscular ward is compared to GGG now, and kovalevs twice the size. Saunders is a tricky boxer, jacobs has concussive power, they are good fighters. Canelo 'doesnt need' ggg, is that what its called now when you duck someone? Lara shouldnt be the first name on the list and he isnt, eubank, jacobs, saunders, canelo should all be ahead of him. its not some terrible sin fighting at your best weightclass, thats the whole point of a weightclass
          I still don't understand how your kind can rationalize GGG fighting welterweights. But, the notion of him fighting light heavyweights is outta the question. Its hypocrisy.

As for Canelo, he's a jr middleweight. Just like GGG isn't obligated to move up, neither is Canelo.

As for Lara, he's better than everyone currently at middleweight not named GGG. And depending on how you saw Canelo-Lara, he's arguably the top guy at 54. From a legacy standpoint, Canelo and Lara are pretty much the same. So if you're cool with Canelo, you should be cool with Lara. And I mean, he did just fight Brook. Lara can't be much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by buge View Post
            you just said he's a normal middleweight

normal does not equal big
            Why is it OK for GGG to fight guys in lower divisions. But his fans and team are scared ****less of him fight bigger guys?

Comment

What heppened to "No one from 154-168 last 12 with GGG"

Edit: Well my mistake, I hadn't read the whole article, the title is misleading, if he wants to be unified @168 then great kudos to GGG, that would be a fantastic run.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Why is it OK for GGG to fight guys in lower divisions. But his fans and team are scared ****less of him fight bigger guys?
                Dude is a clown

Comment

Did people forget GGGs last fight was such a great fight the WBO title wasnt on the line cause they saw it as a mismatch... Isnt his goal to unify? By not having belts on the line in certain fights??

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
                    Who is this kell Brook you speak of last time I heard he was a ww cruiserweight boiling down to welterweight so the middleweight fight was his natural class
                    LMAO, you funny. wait, Roy Jones Jr. was a HW who boiled down to JMW to fight at SMW on his natural class.

right.................

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      Everyone not named ggg wouldn't be the second part of the huge ppv. Neither will make big money without each other. Canelo could make decent pay days though.

But the issue is Canelo's reputation has been harmed by this, anyone who says it hasn't is blind.

And if he ducks him past this September, it'd be even worse.
                      They will fight, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                      X