Canelo's Punching Power Is Overrated... Gif study

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
    Where's the study?

This is lazier than a Uni student who doesn't even bother turning up to an exam.
    the logical breakdown with facts is in the OP.

feel free to post your opinion so i can laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      he took a step back.

how is that a great punch when it didn't even wobble a ahopworn smaller guy?
      #1 he had great defense to get in position and avoid cotto then he landed a clean, judge pleasing shot on cotto's face where he didn't have all of his force. the only way he could have had all of his force was to stand his ground and eat cottos pucnh first

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
        Exactly!!! He threw the uppercut off his back foot. That was an arm punch, a great punch and sequence nonetheless
        not every punch is thrown with the same intentions. These guys just don't know.

Comment

I'm not really sure how people rate it now tbh. Two years ago it was overrated.

I don't think he has great power. I think he has a consistent hard punch. Enough to hurt somebody with a counter or accumilation.

Really it's his combination speed that is impressive. He throws 2 and 3 punch combos extremely fast for his size. With speed and precision comes knockouts.

After the Cotto fight I was disappointed with Canelo's power. I thought he landed some big punches on Cotto and really he never even wobbled him. That's when I knew he was not the huge puncher we were lead to believe then.

It also tells me that a few years ago at 154 Cotto probably would have beaten him. But that's a convo for another day.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            #1 he had great defense to get in position and avoid cotto then he landed a clean, judge pleasing shot on cotto's face where he didn't have all of his force. the only way he could have had all of his force was to stand his ground and eat cottos pucnh first

nope. eating punch affects the mechanics of ur own punch.

he spaced his legs out. put all his weight on the rear leg exploded with the whole body upwards with a big wind up uppercut. that is a long swing. and hit Cotto right on the chin.

Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              I'm not really sure how people rate it now tbh. Two years ago it was overrated.

I don't think he has great power. I think he has a consistent hard punch. Enough to hurt somebody with a counter or accumilation.

Really it's his combination speed that is impressive. He throws 2 and 3 punch combos extremely fast for his size. With speed and precision comes knockouts.

After the Cotto fight I was disappointed with Canelo's power. I thought he landed some big punches on Cotto and really he never even wobbled him. That's when I knew he was not the huge puncher we were lead to believe then.

It also tells me that a few years ago at 154 Cotto probably would have beaten him. But that's a convo for another day.

then he fought pure glass kirkland and khan.

Angulo was actually coming on when they waved it off. it was a bit funny to see Canelo land all those flush shots on a worn angulo without deterring him.

What's funny abotu the Liam Smith fight tho is that Canelo rejected VADA. makes you wonder why.

Comment

Dude. There's always the exception to the rule. Nobody wants to jump off a bridge and splatter on the floor but obviously people have done it for that same very reason. Sorry I had to be so graphic but you get the point... I hope.... Or maybe not.... Who knows...

Comment

the logical breakdown with facts is in the OP.

feel free to post your opinion so i can laugh.
                  That's not a study, that's a short assessment.

Again, lazy.

Comment

Feet wide apart. Puncher's stance with max leverage. Cotto in the middle of throwing a punch, does not see the shot coming as he's moving forward, Canelo has full wind-up on the punch. hits nothing but that sweet chin.

does not even wobble Cotto.

just LMAO
                    Canelo is slick boxer, I'm using this as my signature, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                      That's not a study, that's a short assessment.

Again, lazy.

once again, in your opinion.

i mean is there anything this dim witted demo can do other than posting their ******ed emotional opinions?

LOL one mo again
                      Last edited by HeadShots; 09-29-2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X