Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo-Smith HBO PPV replay averages 459K viewers. Lowest HBO boxing rating ever!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10,000 Days View Post
    LOL at so many failed attempts at slandering Canelo... first the "only 62k PPV buys" and now this...
    Sure you got some folks who are just jumping at the chance to trash the guy because they're Canelo haters, but let's be real here, these numbers are pretty awful no matter how you slice it.

Canelo is supposed to be the top cash cow in the sport with Floyd gone and Manny at the end of the line. Canelo's been billed to us as the PPV successor to those two.

And the PPV numbers against Smith were really, really paltry. Free replay numbers even worse. He's a damn good boxer -- he's an elite A level guy in my book, but it's looking more and more like he'll never be the PPV cash cow that a lot of people envisioned him to be.

Comment

I talked to some friends in Mexico. They told me everyone has turned on Canelo and they all think he gets violently KO'd against GGG.

Comment

Lmao! Golovkin replay > canela replay
        Somebody trying to forget

Comment

Yikes, people gotta be pretty desperate to celebrate fake, bad numbers.
          Good to know who takes joy in the further decline of HBO boxing ratings in general. Lets us know who the real boxing fans are who are the cheerleaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Yikes, people gotta be pretty desperate to celebrate fake, bad numbers.
            Good to know who takes joy in the further decline of HBO boxing ratings in general. Lets us know who the real boxing fans are who are the cheerleaders.
            It's weird how fans have these agendas. Agendas that even bleed over to the television networks. If fans want to root for the sport of boxing in general -- it really is in the best interest of the sport to have HBO Boxing playing a prominent role in it all. HBO Boxing is to boxing as Monday Night Football is to the NFL. It's been a staple of the sport, and I promise you, if and when the sport of boxing loses HBO for good -- it's going to be another monumental blow to an already struggling (and some say dying) sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              It's weird how fans have these agendas. Agendas that even bleed over to the television networks. If fans want to root for the sport of boxing in general -- it really is in the best interest of the sport to have HBO Boxing playing a prominent role in it all. HBO Boxing is to boxing as Monday Night Football is to the NFL. It's been a staple of the sport, and I promise you, if and when the sport of boxing loses HBO for good -- it's going to be another monumental blow to an already struggling (and some say dying) sport.
              Yea, I just don't get it anymore. It's akin to metal heads bickering about what constitutes "real metal", while the genre slips into obscurity.
              I didn't like Kovalev/Chilemba getting forgotten about. When GGG bombed his PPV outing I didn't feel good about that either and have expressed that here. These guys are not only celebrating bad numbers, but they're making up fake numbers and celebrating the FAKE numbers. That's some willful ignorance.

I'm excited that there is a boxing revival in the UK right now. Might not help us make better fights in the States but it's good to see the sport prospering at least somewhere.

Know who your allies are, guys. When it comes to ratings, we're all on the same side here.

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR CANELO!! View Post
                Op is a liar and a raicst hater, dude has red K me every chance he can with some racist ass slurs toward mexicans.

The replay did 459K but who cares in the end it just a replay.
                Screenshot or it didn't happen.

I've always wanted to be Mexican.

Comment

lol such a big star doe, face of boxing.

Comment

Remember when Golovkin fans combined up the original live viewing numbers with the later replay to try and justify over a million viewers on HBO . Talk bout scraping the bottom of the barrel

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      PPV replay? You serious?
                      ESPN replayed rumble in the jungle late one night. Did under 200k. Garbage fight, right?
                      Did you just compare numbers on a fight from last week vs one from like 40 years ago ? Lololololololol

Comment

Working...
                      X