Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please do not say 'Kovalev was overrated anyway' after the fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please do not say 'Kovalev was overrated anyway' after the fight.

We have been here before, you all hype up a fighter against a pure boxer.

-You all forget the name of the game is hit but don't get hit.
    -You forget boxing is a game of inches
    -you forget the first line of defence are the feet
    -you forget defence is just as important as offence.

- Come fight night the pure boxer takes away the so called killer's arsenal and dominates every round.

After the fight excuses start:
    He was overrated anyway
    He was a bum anyway
    The boxer ran all night
    The boxer was holding
    The fight was boring
    Oh his shoulder was injured
    He was denied a shot of painkiller before the fight
    He had flu during training
    He couldn't spar and the list goes on and on.

Make no mistake about this fight:
    There is no competition here. Ward will dominate every minute of this fight for as long as it lasts. All I want is you guys to give him his props after he beats up your hero.

Will you give Ward his props? Anyone who knows boxing knows there is no competition here.

And if Ward losses lets not hear excuses about inactivity, weight, steroids, handwraps and whatever else.

Both guys deserve respect win, lose or draw.

Comment

Fan of both, but there is absolutely competition here. I think it's a 50/50 fight. Both are absolute giants of their respective styles. May the best man win.

You better believe the Ward haters are gonna hate hard, should he win.

Comment

Some of them are hyped like Lacy or Postol but Kovalev is 100 percent the truth.

Comment

Kov doesn't need other fighters cheerleaders making excuses for him. He's an actual man that doesn't need guys with pom poms and megaphones on his side. Dude is a beast and whether he wins or takes an L, he should have everyone's respect

Comment

I think Kovalev is a much better fighter than either Froch or Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              And if Ward losses lets not hear excuses about inactivity, weight, steroids, handwraps and whatever else.

Both guys deserve respect win, lose or draw.
              I'm not in any way implying that Kovalev is not a good fighter. He is good and has beaten some great fighters. He will probably go to the Hall of Fame but this is boxing. Those who follow basic rules of movement, moving the head, using the ring and clinching win all the time. Ward is old school and will just beat the hell out of Kovalev.

Comment

i am so bumping this thread after the fight

Comment

I think the mods should pay close attention after this fight.

If Ward wins and Kov fans get bitter and do the stuff Manny fans like Spoon23 and Rath and other have done they should be banned for 6 months at least.

This is a fight fans fight that fight fans should be able to discuss after without having to be inundated with trolls and bitter losers.

Comment

Does anybody have a feeling this could be a draw? Two great fighters neutralizing each other..

Hopkins/Calzaghe case in point.

Comment

Working...
                    X