Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
    A flat fee of $10m is complete BS.

What do you think the PPV will gross?

They can compromise on a fair percentage of the overall revenue.
    I doubt the PPV does 1m buys; if it gets passed 750k, I'd be shocked, tbh.

At $60 a pop (HD fee goes to HBO), you're talking about a PPV that does $45m in business, with fighters/promoters sharing roughly $23m off of the PPV.

You add ~$10m off of the gate/site fee, and you've got everyone sharing nearly $35m in revenue.

Promoters take their share, and you've got the fighters sharing $25m; $10m to Golovkin (plus his share of the Germany TV money), $15m to Alvarez (plus his Mexico TV money).

At 750k PPV buys, the split is 60/40 Alvarez (which is ridiculous, seeing as Alvarez easily does triple/quadruple the business that Golovkin does)

Comment

• Crazy, I just checked and McGregor did 1.6M for both Diaz fights.

I can't see any Boxing match touching that number.

Canelo-GGG I see doing probably a little less than 1M

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        I doubt the PPV does 1m buys; if it gets passed 750k, I'd be shocked, tbh.

At $60 a pop (HD fee goes to HBO), you're talking about a PPV that does $45m in business, with fighters/promoters sharing roughly $23m off of the PPV.

You add ~$10m off of the gate/site fee, and you've got everyone sharing nearly $35m in revenue.

Promoters take their share, and you've got the fighters sharing $25m; $10m to Golovkin (plus his share of the Germany TV money), $15m to Alvarez (plus his Mexico TV money).

At 750k PPV buys, the split is 60/40 Alvarez (which is ridiculous, seeing as Alvarez easily does triple/quadruple the business that Golovkin does)
        You gotta remember your projections are always hilariously bad. Weren't you saying 500k+ for Canelo Smith? And that's just a few days ago, and far from the worst. You're usually off by a factor of 2 or more. So that's 1.5m min

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          You gotta remember your projections are always hilariously bad. Weren't you saying 500k+ for Canelo Smith? And that's just a few days ago, and far from the worst. You're usually off by a factor of 2 or more. So that's 1.5m min
          I never said that Alvarez-Smith was going to do 500k; I simply said that Alvarez, being able to take a guy with no name ID in the US, and still end up doing 500k on PPV would dead any talk of Golovkin getting a share of ****.

Alvarez charged 40% more for his show and did at least double the business of Golovkin's event. nice try though

Comment

• Originally posted by GaryMSchneider View Post
            Your a GGG troll. These figures are before the GGG fight.Canelo Alvarez has been marketed brilliantly throughout his career, but Gennady Golovkin is catching up. In fact, SportsPro ranks Golovkin as the 29th most marketable athlete in the world, whereas Canelo doesn’t crack the top-50. Golovkin’s endorsements with Apple Watch and Jordan Brand only reinforce this assessment. *Boxing Superstar and Unified Middleweight World Champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin’s, (36-0, 33KO’s), fifth round stoppage of previously undefeated UK Superstar, “The Special One” Kell Brook, (36-1, 25KO’s) was viewed by a combined 1,436,000 viewers on HBO World Championship Boxing this past Saturday, September 10, marking it as the most watched HBO boxing event in 2016 and the highest rated HBO international boxing telecast in many years viewed live by 843,000 fans and same-day rebroadcast by 593,000 viewers. Canelo is barely the A-side.

The thrilling victory by Golovkin was also viewed live on TV Azteca by 1,560,000 viewers in Mexico on Saturday afternoon. Golovkin’s fights are broadcast in over 100 countries which all reported strong viewership numbers for this event.

Golovkin’s 23rd straight knockout and his 17th world title defense took place at The O2 in London, England in front over a capacity crowd of over 19,000 fight fans as he retained his WBC, WBA, IBF and IBO Middleweight World Titles.
            But how come Golovkin could not do 300k then on his ppv match up he fought Brook in his toughest fight to date believe if Golovkin was real deal his numbers would be up there which is not he's a overrated bum that can't step up who let's his team lie especially Sanchez who's nothing more than a trainer playing the managerial role for what his guy to get dropped

They didn't take the Ward fight and did not face guys who called the out or was willing to face them which shows they are duckers people forget that Canelo is no middleweight yet but remember what Canelo said he has a team and his team messed this fight up and is dragging the negotiations up but that still does not give Golovkin a pass at all hope he faces Jacobs next so he can get dropped for the first time he's owed nothing right now because he hasn't earned nothing and his team wants him to face the likes of Monroe and Brook because he is protected but watch what happen in September of 2017

Comment

Brook is not huge in the UK dummy. Before he stepped in for Eubank, his promoter was offering him a career high 1.3m for the Vargas unification. He got 3x+ for Ggg, cause Ggg is a global boxing star
              LOL WOW, brook isnt big in the uk. did you not see his turn outs against jo jo dan and those other bums.

why are GGG fans so ****ing ******.

of course he offered him 1.3 for vargas, who the **** knows vargas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                I never said that Alvarez-Smith was going to do 500k; I simply said that Alvarez, being able to take a guy with no name ID in the US, and still end up doing 500k on PPV would dead any talk of Golovkin getting a share of ****.

Alvarez charged 40% more for his show and did at least double the business of Golovkin's event. nice try though
                And he didn't come close, so unfortunately for you, Ggg gets a share. But you're well used to losing so what else is new

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                  LOL WOW, brook isnt big in the uk. did you not see his turn outs against jo jo dan and those other bums.

why are GGG fans so ****ing ******.

of course he offered him 1.3 for vargas, who the **** knows vargas.
                  That offer was career high for him, dummy. Vargas >> Jojo Dan and the bums. Probably the only belt holder willing to travel to the UK to unify, and that gets him 1/3 of the purse for Ggg. Ffs chump Eubank was offered 4m, backed down, Brook stepped in for the same money. These guys are replaceable, the money's there cause of Ggg

Comment

That offer was career high for him, dummy. Vargas >> Jojo Dan and the bums. Probably the only belt holder willing to travel to the UK to unify, and that gets him 1/3 of the purse for Ggg. Ffs chump Eubank was offered 4m, backed down, Brook stepped in for the same money. These guys are replaceable, the money's there cause of Ggg
                    GGG sold 150K with lemmy. no money there. thats why he is the B side with canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      They are just haters, or Canelo fans. In the U.S. the majority of boxing fans seem to be black racial supremacist types, who only watch boxing to see black people "beat" races they don't like, or Mexicans who obviously have a bias towards Canelo in many cases.

But even outside of Canelo, there are a lot of racially biased fans who just don't like seeing white fighters ruling the sport like Kovalev and GGG. They don't even like seeing any non-black fighter ruling the sport which is why you see the vitriol towards Chocolatito. .
                      It's not abut race. Even less about skin color. It's about COUNTRY. If the biggest "draw(s)" IOW the fighters that "represent boxing" are Americans, it's "okay" in the American-ruled boxing world.

Unless you have eyesight problems, in terms of "whiteness" Canelo is even "more white" than both GGG and Kovalev, by a long shot. FYI the population of Mexico (Mexico the country, not including any Mexicans in the U.S. or elsewhere) is 15-20% WHITE CAUCASIAN, no racial mixture of any kind. The direct ancestry is mostly Spanish or French, and just a tad bit coming from other western European countries. JCC Chavez senior is white too, so are his kids including that useless boxing-wise junior of his. Maybe you noticed that Cuadras, the guy who fought and almost beat "Chocolatito" is white too.

So your "race" argument is off-base.

As long as the top boxing star is AN AMERICAN, most boxing fans in the world (Americans duh) will be happy. Mayweather is an African American. De la Hoya is Mexican-American. Rocky Marciano was a white American of Italian descent, if I'm not wrong. Each one of them was the biggest draw in boxing at the time they were active. The only VERY RARE EXCEPTION of this trend is Manny Pacquiao, who became a big draw EVEN IN AMERICA for two simple reasons: 1) He is truly a legend, having achieved records that NO ONE ELSE IN HISTORY has. 2) He is one of the most, if not THE MOST entertaining boxer in the history of the sport. 3) Both his promoter and trainer are Americans, and when he signed up with both of them, his stock started going sky-high. 4) And the most important one: contrary to what you say, most Americans, including blacks and whites, TOTALLY HATE Mexicans boxing wise. Pacquiao destroyed every Mexican fighter, legends included, in his path to stardom, in spectacular fashion, contrary to the super-boring style of Mayweather Jr. and THAT is what made him a legend SPECIALLY among Americans.

Bottom line yes, there is a huge bias in boxing, the main customers of boxing fights are Americans, therefore they want an AMERICAN to "rule" boxing and set the trends. If GGG, Kovalev, the Klitschko brothers, Canelo or Chocolatito were Americans, speaking fluent English and really being a true example of the "American way of life" as opposed to carrying the flags of their countries in their fights, etc., I assure you that any of them would be able to reach the status that the Mayweathers, De la Hoyas, Marcianos or Alis of the world ever had. For God sakes, Ali even became a ******, changed his name for a ****** one when he adopted his Islam faith for life. To boot, he also relinquished serving in the US military but he never relinquished his American citizenship -- SMART MOVE -- and now upon his death, he is considered (mostly by Americans of course) the biggest boxer that ever existed.

To each their own. I cannot change your point of view but I sure hope you and the people with a similar mindset as yours can have a broader view of the reality of boxing, and this has happened forever, because United States nationals have always been the #1 consumers nationality wise of big boxing events.
                      Last edited by sterilizer; 09-22-2016, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X