Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
    and you guys wonder why canelo dropped the belt. This thread PROVES exactly why he dropped the belt. Lil G wanted the 45% that was mandated by the WBC.
    He didn't just drop the belt due to financial reasons.

You're kidding yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryusa View Post
      honestly?? between 600-700k
      We may be surprised.

What's the PPV cost?

What figure do you think it will gross?

Comment

• Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
        I understand that but my point is. canelo took 10% of way bigger fight than this vs Mayweather went down in weight JUST TO HAVE THE FIGHT HE "REALLY WANTED" and he had two belts.....my question to you is who is GGG above the norm to not do the same and swallow his pride? knowing he will probably break into a monster PPV star once he beats Canelo. Canelo has everything to lose he is risking his PPV power his stardom and possibly his health......again what does GGG brings to the table that can incentivize Canelo to come to terms to fight him? Nothing absolutely nothing.

I said it from the beginning GGG beats Canelo and probably with a bad, ugly KO why would he want to risk that without getting the most for his demise? I want to see that fight ASAP but I understand Canelo's point of view he know he is gonna lose he gotta make the best of it.
        I understand your point too.

Both fighters are putting their health and future earning potential at risk.

I understand that Canelo took short money to fight Floyd. But the circumstances were slightly different. He was only young, Floyd was the best fighter on the planet, and really he had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

GG is not fighting the best fighter in the world, and it's his belts that will be at stake. That has to be a factor. Apart from financial gain, again, he's in a position where he has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Canelo is stepping up to GG's division for the opportunity to fight for almost every belt in the division, and every belt if GG beats Jacobs and BJS beforehand.

GG can take less. I think he should. But $10m + from a fight that will gross much more just isn't enough.
        Last edited by robertzimmerman; 09-22-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          That's sad then, because it looks like they would rather let Canelo get away because of money, and deny GGG the sort of name/glory needed to move further at this crucial/older stage of his career/life.
          Canelo needs this fight too.

This is only the start of negotiations.

I'm sure they can reach a compromise at some stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            That's the thing, GBP knows Canelo probably loses that fight in the ring now. So no way are they going to give or do Team GGG any favours at the negotiation table, GGG already had his biggest card taken away when the belt was dropped by Canelo. He isn't the mandatory anymore. And the way GBP looks at it he doesn't bring anything but risks to the table.
            Canelo also needs this fight, he can still make a lot of money with a split of the overall figure, and he can maybe fight for every belt in the division.
            All of which brings a lot to the table.
            Last edited by robertzimmerman; 09-22-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryusa View Post
              It wont be huge...fight wont out due Canelo-Cotto and that didnt even break 1 million
              We'll have to wait and see Larry. But even if it doesn't match or break $1m, $10m will be nothing in comparison to the final amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                We'll have to wait and see Larry. But even if it doesn't match or break $1m, $10m will be nothing in comparison to the final amount.
                Canelo did 300k vs a no name, Golovkin did 97k. 75-25 split is fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonutHunter View Post
                  Always willing to face the best? Who has he fought? Welterweight Kell Brook? David Lemieux? (The same guy Marco Antonio Rubio blew out of the water) Dominic Wade? Martin Murray? Gabe Rosado? Look i could go on and on with this but get real. He hasn't fought anyone of note and he will get his ass beat the moment he fights a real middleweight that actually has a pulse. You can talk all the crap you want about Canelo but his resume is far superior to Golovkin and Team GGG has no right to try and dictate the terms. GGG better take whatever they're offering him, and if he whoops Gingerbread boy, he can dicate the terms for the rematch but as of right now, they're the B side and they need to realize that.
                  Who both guys have fought is due to circumstances and nothing else.

GG has always wanted to face the best at MW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Canelo did 300k vs a no name, Golovkin did 97k. 75-25 split is fair.
                    All of the factors should be analysed fairly next year, with a split to follow.

Nobody could argue with that.

Comment

• It's been great fun debating with you guys, but I need a break.

I'll catch you later.

Comment

Working...
                      X