Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I think the Canelo vs. Smith PPV & gate numbers will have an impact on these negotiations. GGG is not Pacquiao. Thus far he doesn't have comparable numbers to Canelo, whereas Manny had good numbers, even though Floyd's numbers were better. The fact that you're the champion, and you're sending counter offers, says that clearly, you're the b-side! If I'm K2, I accept the flat fee, but the fight has to be in May, not September!
    It's better for K2 to wait and try and get Jacobs and BJS first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple Genius View Post
      He was a light heavyweight amateur and never had a problem fighting in that division
      He only fought there so Dirrel could fight at middle..lots of fighters fought higher in the Am's then at pros'''if you can make the weight legally then that is your division..

Not sure why you even mentioned Ward period to be honest..you do know he began his career at 160 right?
      Last edited by Larry the boss; 09-22-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
        It was a much bigger fight than this one IMO. Nor does GGG bring similar #s to Floyd.
        That's correct.

I think the numbers will be very good though.
        Last edited by robertzimmerman; 09-22-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• I say wait for the Canelo PPV numbers to come out then try to demand a split. If the PPV did 160k-180k then GGG clearly has the right to ask for a split cause 160-180k isn't that much better than 150k.

But I don't think 10M plus PPV upside isn't that bad at all tbh. I don't think this PPV would sell as much as they think it would anyway. It would be lucky to crack the 1M mark IMO.

EDIT I think this is all PR bull**** from both sides. I wouldn't doubt if both sides already got some type of agreement to something.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            i hope K2 and GGG are willing to go down to 30% to get the fight made. that sounds like a fair split to me

but i'm not actually sure that 30% would even surpass $10m, so if i was loeffler i would take that offer

after all, canelo accepted a paltry 25% split against cotto even though he was probably the bigger draw. concessions = investments sometimes
            There's a lot to factor in.

Cotto was the champ.

Here, Canelo is moving up to MW where he'll be fighting for all of GG's titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEND View Post
              Golovkin is the clear B side though, I doN't know what this clown talking about

Golovkin is no Pacquiao and although Canelo is also not Mayweather, he is clearly the bigger draw than GGG

I wouldn't give more than the first offer to these greedy mfers... If 10 million dollars not enough for them then no fight...
              Oscar is not their daddy... Be happy with 10 million. It's a ****ing lot.
              How the **** can asking for more than $10m be greedy when the fight will be HUGE?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                How the **** can asking for more than $10m be greedy when the fight will be HUGE?
                It wont be huge...fight wont out due Canelo-Cotto and that didnt even break 1 million

Comment

• Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                  I think you're talking well reasoned,i dont think you will ever get thru to the ones you are talking to however,i have concluded this as i was reading this post last night ,went to bed,woke up,went to work,open boxing scene,and see you stil arguing about the same point,you are right though
                  Ha!

I must must be dafter than them to keep replying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    There's no guarantee Canelo will rematch him if GGG dominates him. Anyway no sane fighter or promoter is going to give up tens of millions of dollars just to appease haters on the internet. GGG will offer fair terms as always and if Canelo stops ducking him, Canelo will agree to fair terms and they will fight each other. This is like when Flom0s said Pacquiao should just take the flat $40 mil. No, just because one fighter is ducking doesn't put the responsibility on the other fighter to just give in to ridiculous demands to appease a ducking fighter.

As boxing fans we need to reorient the way we think a little bit and get back to reality. Start blaming the ducking fighters, not the ones being ducked. If Canelo makes GGG a lowball offer, we can't blame GGG for not taking the lowball offer, we need to blame Canelo for making lowball offers designed to keep the fight from happening.

In short, when one fighter clearly wants the fight, and one fighter clearly does everything possible to avoid the fight, we need to blame the fighter who is doing everything possible to avoid the fight. Until he fights GGG, Team Canelo deserves all the blame, as has already been established when he said he would fight GGG after Cotto, but fought Khan instead, then said he would fight GGG after Khan, but dropped the belt instead. That's already two clear ducks so that's where the blame lies.

GGG to his credit is now chasing after someone potentially more dangerous than Canelo, in Danny Jacobs. Canelo ducks him so he just moves on to an even bigger threat, always willing to face the best guys who will face him. That's to be commended.
                    Always willing to face the best? Who has he fought? Welterweight Kell Brook? David Lemieux? (The same guy Marco Antonio Rubio blew out of the water) Dominic Wade? Martin Murray? Gabe Rosado? Look i could go on and on with this but get real. He hasn't fought anyone of note and he will get his ass beat the moment he fights a real middleweight that actually has a pulse. You can talk all the crap you want about Canelo but his resume is far superior to Golovkin and Team GGG has no right to try and dictate the terms. GGG better take whatever they're offering him, and if he whoops Gingerbread boy, he can dicate the terms for the rematch but as of right now, they're the B side and they need to realize that.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                      He isnt growing in the us, more people watched his fight vs murray than the fight vs brook... same hour, including replays..
                      That's understandable, but I'm sure the Jacobs fight will change that.

Comment

Working...
                      X