Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJS View Post
    GGG officially ducking Canelo
    You're officially ******ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Making demands and counteroffers like they'tre hot **** lol
      Yeah they kind of are hot **** lololol. Except to those fans like you who have an irrational hatred of all things GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        ???? Offering $10,000,000 is now ducking??? Did you just go FULL RTard?
        You did.

$10m would be nothing out of the overall amount.

Boxing is a ruthless business.

Nobody would agree to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
          It's called negotiating.

The fight is a year out.

What would you do in Loeffler's shoes?

This is going to be one of the biggest grossing fights of all time.

There'll be lots of twists and turns.

Oscar knew that Loeffler wouldnt accept his offer and vice versa.
          I understand that but my point is. canelo took 10% of way bigger fight than this vs Mayweather went down in weight JUST TO HAVE THE FIGHT HE "REALLY WANTED" and he had two belts.....my question to you is who is GGG above the norm to not do the same and swallow his pride? knowing he will probably break into a monster PPV star once he beats Canelo. Canelo has everything to lose he is risking his PPV power his stardom and possibly his health......again what does GGG brings to the table that can incentivize Canelo to come to terms to fight him? Nothing absolutely nothing.

I said it from the beginning GGG beats Canelo and probably with a bad, ugly KO why would he want to risk that without getting the most for his demise? I want to see that fight ASAP but I understand Canelo's point of view he know he is gonna lose he gotta make the best of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Floyd, Cotto, Pac, pretty much every big PPV fighter at one time or another. Heck MOST even fought in someone else terms...Like weight, etc.This $10 million isn't even a CW.
            No, they made concessions under different circumstances.

Nobody in GG's position would accept $10m when the fight will gross a huge figure.

In the grand scheme of things, $10m will be nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
              It's a ruthless business. Nobody is going to accept $10m with so much money at stake.
              That's sad then, because it looks like they would rather let Canelo get away because of money, and deny GGG the sort of name/glory needed to move further at this crucial/older stage of his career/life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple Genius View Post
                Huh what what part don't you understand
                Ward was a supermiddleweight, he ade the weight with no problem at all..so why would you post something so weird?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  1. Can't be mad at Loeffler at this point. The first counter must be higher than your bottom line. The real question is whether or not he will accept less than a 40% split. Neither fighter can make as much in one fight as this fight, but Alvarez has time and a ppv fan base on his side that must be factored in.

2. Hardcore Golovkin fans seem to over value him from a box office perspective. As much as NSB posters love him, his fights don't generate a lot of revenue. The crowd at O2 was clearly a pro Brook crowd and it's hard to assign credit for the SkyBox ppv numbers to Golovkin. Surely he deserves some, but all or most? Not likely. Likely scenario was UK fans tuned in to see if their guy could beat the middleweight Goliath.

3. If Golovkin doesn't get another ppv, the 97k-150k ppv will be the only data point used in negotiations.

4. Projected popularity is a tough position to argue. Why? You can't assume that Golovkin popularity among paying fans will grow while Alvarez popularity stagnates. Alvarez could fight Saunders, Brook, or Jacobs and gain additional fans just as easily.

5. Seems when a hardcore Golovkin fan can't muster a counter argument or doesn't want to acknowledge truths, they call others haters. Boxing Logic, your opinion isn't truth and your hubris is embarrassing. You do have a few fans of the books you frequently write as posts, are they failed articles that other sites didn't pay you for?
                  This is a very good post.

Very objective. But Canelo isn't going to fight Brook, Jacobs or BJS before next September.

Comment

• Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                    I understand that but my point is. canelo took 10% of way bigger fight than this vs Mayweather went down in weight JUST TO HAVE THE FIGHT HE "REALLY WANTED" and he had two belts.....my question to you is who is GGG above the norm to not do the same and swallow his pride? knowing he will probably break into a monster PPV star once he beats Canelo. Canelo has everything to lose he is risking his PPV power his stardom and possibly his health......again what does GGG brings to the table that can incentivize Canelo to come to terms to fight him? Nothing absolutely nothing.

I said it from the beginning GGG beats Canelo and probably with a bad, ugly KO why would he want to risk that without getting the most for his demise? I want to see that fight ASAP but I understand Canelo's point of view he know he is gonna lose he gotta make the best of it.

That's the thing, GBP knows Canelo probably loses that fight in the ring now. So no way are they going to give or do Team GGG any favours at the negotiation table, GGG already had his biggest card taken away when the belt was dropped by Canelo. He isn't the mandatory anymore. And the way GBP looks at it he doesn't bring anything but risks to the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryusa View Post
                      Ward was a supermiddleweight, he ade the weight with no problem at all..so why would you post something so weird?
                      He was a light heavyweight amateur and never had a problem fighting in that division

Comment

Working...
                      X