Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs A Realistic Possibility For December 10 On HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
    Lets not get too excited, I just read an article that D.Jacobs might be signed with Showtime, and that the fight may go to a purse bid, where Haymon will out bid Loeffler, to put the fight on Showtime, which will mean GGG will pull out of the fight effectively vacating his title.
    so all of a sudden jacobs is singed to an exclusive contract with showtime.I call bull**** he's last fight wasn't on showtime regardless ggg wont vacate he'll fight jacobs on showtime.

Comment

That's yo ass Mr. Postmannnn

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
        so all of a sudden jacobs is singed to an exclusive contract with showtime.I call bull**** he's last fight wasn't on showtime regardless ggg wont vacate he'll fight jacobs on showtime.
        Well, if you want to get technical. Showtime is owned by CBS, which is owned by Viacom, Viacom owns Spike, which is where Jacobs last fought. So yes, Jacobs can fight on Spike being signed by Showtime because Showtime would only broadcast his major bouts like the one against Quillen, and subsequently GGG. Also it wouldn't be up to GGG, if HBO says no go, then GGG will have no choice but to vacate. Of course this is all assuming it goes to a bid.
        Last edited by KnickTillDeaTh; 09-21-2016, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Looks like the negotiations are going well. The interesting part will be when they start talking about the HBO date. Jacobs' manager previously said he wants it to be on PPV.. and I just don't see it. HBO wouldn't put Pacquaio on PPV this year, and there's little chance Golovkin is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Looks like the negotiations are going well. The interesting part will be when they start talking about the HBO date. Jacobs' manager previously said he wants it to be on PPV.. and I just don't see it. HBO wouldn't put Pacquaio on PPV this year, and there's little chance Golovkin is worth it.
            The same Jacobs' manager who said that if the money isn't right they will wait 2-3 more fights and be back?

Comment

I'm there at either venue for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                10 million to Jacobs and negative 5 million to ggg. oh ggg doesn't want to take that deal? ducking again
                That was a good one

Comment

Top fight. Let's see it signed, sealed and delivered.

If Golovkin wins this hopefully he can get Saunders early next year for a full unification.

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                    Not really. It was always set up so that PBC would air lesser fights on regular cable, while the fighters who are signed with Showtime take there bigger fights to Showtime. Haymon works with multiple promoters who don't have any loyalties to any network so those fights are easy to negotiate for off network. But the only two major promoters with HBO were GBP and Top Rank, both of whom had active lawsuits against Haymon and PBC. Most fights on HBO would have to include one of the two, therefore no fight. Jacobs vs GGG is probably the only fight that can be made with HBO and PBC that doesn't include GBP or Top Rank, and the lawsuits have been settled. With HBO saying just this year that they are now open to working all promoters, I think your just taking shots at PBC.
                    Arum dropped the lawsuit against Haymon

Comment

I'm sure GGG is down to fight and I think Jacobs is too but Danny wants to get PAID...not sure if HBO can afford to pay both guys handsomely and keep it on regular HBO but my fingers are crossed...

Comment

Working...
                      X