Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon plummet $434 million in a single year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by North Star View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily bring Mayweather into this equation. After all, he is surprisingly not invested in PBC at all, to my knowledge. You would think with his relation to Haymon, he would have some involvement with the establishment of this entity, especially when homers were expecting big things out of this.

For Mayweather to not be involved may speak more about PBC and it's vitality. I'm sure he was approached with some high level involvement, but for some reason or another, Floyd stays out of it. Kudos to Floyd IMO.
    Mayweather's involvement is no different than Lou DiBella's. Or King's Sports. Or the slew of promoters who now find consistent work under the PBC banner. It's just so bad for the sport. We don't need promoters working together under one platform. We need promoters working apart under multiple platforms

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      Mayweather is one of PBCs main promoter. He's promoted a bunch of cards. I don't know if that counts or not.
      Thats why he keeps distance same with DiBella. They are promoters for PBC not a part of it. Willing to bet there are some waiting for them to show they are crossing that line

Comment

Its not haymonds money.

I pointed this out a few years back when this PBC mess started. Haymond doesnt give a chit about PBC, its other peoples money, it can go bankrupt but Haymond still has all of these new fighters now signed to contracts with him because of PBC. He wins even if PBC goes bankrupt, he wins if PBC is successful, he wins either way.

Comment

When i see numbers like this, I always think back to how incredible Showtime Boxing was under Ken Hershman. Batamweight tourney.... Super Six.... man, the things Ken did with that meager budget was incredible.

And then you see what HBO and PBC have got for their money. Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
            I wouldn't necessarily bring Mayweather into this equation. After all, he is surprisingly not invested in PBC at all, to my knowledge. You would think with his relation to Haymon, he would have some involvement with the establishment of this entity, especially when homers were expecting big things out of this.

For Mayweather to not be involved may speak more about PBC and it's vitality. I'm sure he was approached with some high level involvement, but for some reason or another, Floyd stays out of it. Kudos to Floyd IMO.

some of floyd's boxers are managed / what haymon calls "advised" by al haymon. i wouldn't expect haymon to send his boxers to floyd mayweather, anyway.

what i was referring to specifically was the fanboy notion that boxing would be better off if al haymon controlled it.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Its not haymonds money.

I pointed this out a few years back when this PBC mess started. Haymond doesnt give a chit about PBC, its other peoples money, it can go bankrupt but Haymond still has all of these new fighters now signed to contracts with him because of PBC. He wins even if PBC goes bankrupt, he wins if PBC is successful, he wins either way.
              "I pointed this out a few years back when this PBC mess started"...you mean last year

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Mayweather's involvement is no different than Lou DiBella's. Or King's Sports. Or the slew of promoters who now find consistent work under the PBC banner. It's just so bad for the sport. We don't need promoters working together under one platform. We need promoters working apart under multiple platforms

here's a perfect example of a PBC shill. genuinely thinks al haymon's influence is good for boxing . you think you'd be getting a cut of the money for all that c#cksucking you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  I just want the mexican to be consistent and show how much Oscar lost.

Consistency is a good thing.

I'm pro Black....you and your kind are anti-Black...no need to whine when we get support.
                  Everyone knows how much Oscar lost thats old news, the new news is Haymon and PBC which is no shocker as to why its a headline. Would it make you happy if Boxing scene republished ODLH in fishnets again? ODLH is literally hanging on by a Red string and not a g string either its Canelo. Hes literally one loss away from losing everything because he got high.

Look man seriously you remind me of one of those black guys that blames the world for not liking his skin color but in all reality its you as a person they dont like not your skin color. Try to look at it like that next time you encounter someone.

BTW, my kind first and foremost are Catholics and other Christians. I am proud to be Chicano but our spirits dont have a color or nationality...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    some of floyd's boxers are managed / what haymon calls "advised" by al haymon. i wouldn't expect haymon to send his boxers to floyd mayweather, anyway.

what i was referring to specifically was the fanboy notion that boxing would be better off if al haymon controlled it.
                    Understood, and I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      here's a perfect example of a PBC shill. genuinely thinks al haymon's influence is good for boxing . you think you'd be getting a cut of the money for all that c#cksucking you do.
                      Funny I think the same thing when you quote me. Maybe you I should just start giving you money

Comment

Working...
                      X