Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon plummet $434 million in a single year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    How is that?

he's a manager, technically not a promotor, and managers are paid a percentage of a fighter's purse and typically have longer contracts than promotors.

Comment

"PBC" as an entity isnt worth anything because it doesnt have any tangible assets. The fighters are contracted to Haymon Boxing, not PBC, and the airtime is all bought and paid for time slots, with no major network content deal in place, or even rumored. "PBC" is really just a tv show but without the benefit of having the major actors under contract.......

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Are they really? No wonder I never liked them...
        they some aleister crowley followers.... he constantly wears crowley type of clothing.

if you don't know who he is look him up!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Anyone else get the feeling we are in the 15th round of this Cold war now. Both sides seem spent.

Surely something has to give soon.
          Oh it will. When did PBC start, Feb. 2015? We're headed into 2017 now and the chess pieces are solidifying their positions. We'll get some clarity sooner than we think and a lot of so-called boxing fans are going to be very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Investments are losing huge. As long as I still get to watch fights I am happy. When they are off the air I will be disappointed.
            Hi Dunn this is Billeau2, hope all is well. The Haymon situation is complicated. network television is controlled by special interests, and live entertainment with a bit of advertising is not one of those interests. if you really want to understand the Haymon situation, and where it could go, look at the Cosby situation. Not talking about his rape charges, but talking about what started to happen to him when he wanted to be taken seriously.

The White establishment loved Cosby. They even let him title as America's family, threw money at him... etc. Then Cosby wanted to buy NBC...lets just say the room got realllllllly quiet, perhaps someone said "Hey Bill what flavor Jello was that last kind? well Cosby didn't take the hint did he?

His son gets murdered (changing a flat on a car that automatically changes a flat) and the rest is history. Haymon, probably knew he could only take shizzle so far, lol, but I doubt the power structure of this country will allow anything more than BET... the networks dealt with King and Arum as private en****** that would accomodate each other, that is different.

If you look at my other post I can bare witness to the fact that some businesses burn through cash when starting, The lease for the restaurant we opened in North Beach (San Francisco) was 30k a month! but I think in this case its not par for the course...I wouldn't want to be one of those investors. Haymon's misstep was the networks as I see it.

Comment

You gotta spend money to make money.
              Its only been 18 months and yes that is a lot of money.
              But this is not the XFL going up against the NFL. It's boxing.
              I think in the long run it will work. It's been no PBC PPVS as of yet.
              I think they're still working out the kinks on things with the brand. When they begin, I remember elaborate intros and specials on the networks before a fight. They seem to have cut those out.
              ESPN is now a summer series that will be back in April.
              This really needs to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                You gotta spend money to make money.
                Its only been 18 months and yes that is a lot of money.
                But this is not the XFL going up against the NFL. It's boxing.
                I think in the long run it will work. It's been no PBC PPVS as of yet.
                I think they're still working out the kinks on things with the brand. When they begin, I remember elaborate intros and specials on the networks before a fight. They seem to have cut those out.
                ESPN is now a summer series that will be back in April.
                This really needs to succeed.
                Pretty much. I suspect the returns haven't been great but to say they're losing money is being dumb. They're not losing it, not like it disappeared or they were robbed. They're doing what they're supposed to do with it: spending it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/20...bc-boxing-news

is a long ass article, give it a look

Now tell us how much your coked-up cross-dressing Vato lost.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    "PBC" as an entity isnt worth anything because it doesnt have any tangible assets. The fighters are contracted to Haymon Boxing, not PBC, and the airtime is all bought and paid for time slots, with no major network content deal in place, or even rumored. "PBC" is really just a tv show but without the benefit of having the major actors under contract.......
                    yeah man you make a lot of sense. I the article kinda touched on this but you explained it well.

“You have to be capitalized for three to five years to do this,” said Caldwell when Haymon asked for “X” and Caldwell offered “X-plus.”

Haymon is kinda stuck in a conflict of interest. Hes a manager first and foremost but as a business man he needed to establish capital beforehand and his capital is his fighters. Its not like when he parted ways from GBP he took Canelo or something, he took good fighters but he still doesnt have a cash cow. Anyways to sum it up if he really wants to make big moves, he has to start thinking more like a businessman and take risks with his fighters and hope it all plays out for the best instead of worrying about them so much.

Comment

lol

half of the money went to all the trannies he dated.

Comment

Working...
                      X