Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Comments Thread: "Miracle Man" Jacobs vs "Good Boy" Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would definitely be far & away 3G's biggest test to date. Jacobs is a beast, man.

And I don't know who I'd root for...I like both dudes. And it's really, really hard to root against Danny because of his story and just how good of a dude the guy really is.

I guess if I had to put money down on it I'd take GGG because I think he gets to DJ at some point and stops him, but I wouldn't be at all shocked if Danny stunned the boxing world and handed 3G his first L.

Comment

• PIROG all over again

Comment

• Jacobs better learn how to tie up and to be extrenely rough on the inside as soon as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          Jacobs better learn how to tie up and to be extrenely rough on the inside as soon as possible.

No respect for people who go to clinch first. Punch your way out of it. Improve your inside fighting and defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

No respect for people who go to clinch first. Punch your way out of it. Improve your inside fighting and defense.
            I agree. And fighters who utilize the clinch as a loophole for defense should be heavily penalized. And if they keep going to it then DQ their ass. I get it if a fighter is hurt, but it f**king drives me nuts when guys clearly use it as a tactic. Like when a guy gets within range they'll automatically jump on him so he can reset. That **** is whack as **** and should be weeded out of the fight game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              I agree. And fighters who utilize the clinch as a loophole for defense should be heavily penalized. And if they keep going to it then DQ their ass. I get it if a fighter is hurt, but it f**king drives me nuts when guys clearly use it as a tactic. Like when a guy gets within range they'll automatically jump on him so he can reset. That **** is whack as **** and should be weeded out of the fight game.
              I've compared clinching to hack-a-shaq in basketball in another thread before. It's legal, and it can work, but it's still classless, weak, and a distasteful way of winning. And yea, I agree, clinching should be weeded out. I'm only an amatuer but I've been boxing for years and I was never taught to clinch, it's not part of my muscle memory in the ring. When i'm inside I am throwing, or rolling and slipping, the last thing on my mind is grabbing you.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

That's the only chance he has though. relying on movement and basic defense alone won't work for Jacobs against GGG, that's not his style in the first place.

He MUST force GGG to reset before he could get to getting off his power shots, he needs to act and not to react. Tie GGG up on the inside and make sure u r close enough to him, don't give him the space he needs to think and to generate power, be on his ass all the time and when he gets frustrated then u start boxing, next round, tie him up again and so on, professional boxing, GGG beat all his opponents with his amateur knowledge, let's see how he does against the pro style. Ward vs Kessler or Salido vs Lomachenko type fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                  That's the only chance he has though. relying on movement and basic defense alone won't work for Jacobs against GGG, that's not his style in the first place.

He MUST force GGG to reset before he could get to getting off his power shots, he needs to act and not to react. Tie GGG up on the inside and make sure u r close enough to him, don't give him the space he needs to think and to generate power, be on his ass all the time and when he gets frustrated then u start boxing, next round, tie him up again and so on, professional boxing, GGG beat all his opponents with his amateur knowledge, let's see how he does against the pro style. Ward vs Kessler or Salido vs Lomachenko type fight.

I get the points you are trying to make, but that won't work against Golovkin. He's too solid in his stance, and he will hold his ground, roll, and throw back before being forced to fight off the back foot, so Jacobs will be forced to fight toe to toe or move laterally or backwards. Jacobs has to win exchanges, he is going to have to take massive risks. Reaching in for clinches will get him countered and he will take more punishment than it will be worth. He needs a controlled but active level of punch output, like Dunn vs Toney, and he needs to stand his ground and move intelligently from spot to spot and let his hands go when in range and with the advantage of being set fist. Even then the odds are against him.

Comment

• Confirmed. Jacobs is the B-side.

Comment

• WAR GGG!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X