Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: My Trainer Did Right Thing, Could Have Been Seriously Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Oscar, Tito... his two mega fights....
    y'all keep saying this but neither Oscar nor Tito jumped from 147 to fight BHop.. Both had 5+ fights above welterweight and both had Middleweight titles (you have to fight in the weight class to win these) when they fought him.. So please stop repeating this

this would be like saying GGG's win against Canelo wont matter because Canelo was a welterweight before

Comment

Kell has officially been tko. But hard to believe he hasn't visited canvas yet?

If the fight had of carried on brook no doiubt would have got koed.

So good stoppage.

Comment

He got beat up pretty bad after the 2nd. He wasn't fighting back at all in the 5th. Great stoppage by his corner, Brook's moment had come and gone.

Comment

At time of stoppage I didn't really understand what brook was holding his arms out for while taking jabs to face?
          What would a boidy language expert make of that? I heard commentator say brook meanypt is that all you got? But I'm not sure

Comment

Originally posted by mabulkhair View Post
            What's crazy, is people are still hating on GGG. Did he get hit? yes! Did he get bruised up? Yes! Are you watching boxing? Yes! Did GGG continue his KO streak? Yes! Did GGG show vulnerabilities? Yes! But we knew GGG can get hit. However, I still haven't seen anyone that can take his power and that's really the deciding factor. You can outbox him all you want, but what happens when you feel that power? You get folded or your corner throws in the towel.
            Any fighter that relies primarily on power is a lesser fighter

Comment

#BritishLivesMatter #BLM

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Spence is a Haymon fighter. He will never fight someone his entire career who is as good as GGG even in his own weight class, let alone move up to do it.
                Remove Haymon, and exchange ggg with Spence and you'll have a truthful statement

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Shyt View Post
                  y'all keep saying this but neither Oscar nor Tito jumped from 147 to fight BHop.. Both had 5+ fights above welterweight and both had Middleweight titles (you have to fight in the weight class to win these) when they fought him.. So please stop repeating this

this would be like saying GGG's win against Canelo wont matter because Canelo was a welterweight before
                  Oscars run at 160 consisted of a gifted title vs Felix Sturm then a fight with hopkins.

Trinidad's middleweight run consisted of taking an easy title from William Joppy before next fighting Hopkins.

The only reason they could do that, is because Hopkins didn't have most the belts like GGG does now.

If Hopkins had most the belts, they would have had to jump up and take a tuneup, or jump up strait to hopkins.

The only reason they took a belt first is to increase their bargaining power, and to be able to bill both fights as unifications.

Comment

....so they fought at 160 before?? they had multiple fights past 147 lbs limit? so they didnt jump straight from 147?

shut up

Comment

Working...
                    X