Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: My Trainer Did Right Thing, Could Have Been Seriously Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's going with the "he's lucky he busted up my eye with his fist." excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      NO other welterweight could have stood up to that kind of punishment from the worlds best fighter....thank god in Kell we haven't got another chiny over rated 'fighter' like Khan.
      It's impossible for GGG to be considered the best fighter in the world with his resume. All things considered, Canelo should be ahead of him p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        What's funny? Is the truth. He's close to beating BHop's middleweight record fighting better competition (how many 147s did Bhop fight at middleweight? Way more), and he's doing it 10x as dominantly, with an 8 year KO streak. It's unprecedented what he's doing. And to top it off, everyone in his division and above is ducking him. Most dominant in the ring against the guys who will face him, most avoided outside of it... unprecedented. We are lucky to be witnessing an ATG talent at any weight division. Power, footwork, chin, timing, a jab reminiscent of George Foreman, #2 in compubox plus/minus, one belt away from unified champ, undefeated, highest KO percentage in middleweight championship history... you casuals don't know what you're seeing but what you're seeing is incredible whether you realize it or not.
        Hops beat Tito and DLH whom both had title runs at 154 before making the MW jump. Nobody on GGG's resume can sniff the trunks of DLH or Tito. Again, I like GGG but his fan base need to step back and properly assess his career and resume without the hyperbole.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          Was he fighting a Welterweight? Yes. You left that out.
          Were the last 22 KO victims? No...maybe you forgot that

Comment

Brooks trainer definitely did the right thing, he saved his career. I thought the fight went pretty much how it was suppose to be. Brook landed a few good shots, which was expected, and he gave as good a showing as possible and GGG did work.

GGG is just on a different spectrum. Brook is a very good fighter and someone who has a lot of fight in him.

GGG dominated and brutilized Brook and Brook was able to get in some good shots in along the way. IMO the fight was a win win for both guys. GGG did what was expected and dished out pain and Brook fought like a warrior.

Now GGG moves on to bigger things (hopefully) and Brooks deserves a long rest to heal up his caved in eyed socket and come back for another huge fight with khan.

Comment

Last night was exactly what would have happened against Mayweather, ONLY WORSE. GGG proved that he'd destroy floyd. Gennady would have let floyd hit him all he wanted to just to break him down. Gennady is a ****ing animal, greatest and most impressive fighter of all time. WHO FIGHTS LIKE THAT and stays undefeated?!?! Fighting like a savage.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                It's impossible for GGG to be considered the best fighter in the world with his resume. All things considered, Canelo should be ahead of him p4p.
                Did you really consider ALL things? I have a feeling you left out some )))

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  Was he fighting a Welterweight? Yes. You left that out.
                  Eh, I don't think your facial bones break because you are a welterweight. I think that happens irrespective of your weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Shyt View Post
                    what 147 lbers did BHop fight? and who above his division is ducking him?
                    Oscar, Tito... his two mega fights....

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
                      Did you really consider ALL things? I have a feeling you left out some )))
                      I considered everything they have done in the ring and the opposition which they did it against mainly. Do I think GGG beats Canelo head to head, i'm 60-40 on that side but I think Canelo's hand speed advantage and combination punching could be a formula for success as long as he's able to push GGG back at times. Canelo doesn't box off the back foot nor use the ring too well so he'll be there to fight but he can still step to the sides, use angles and push him back in spots while getting his shots off. The thing is that he'll have to minimize the damage he takes in return which is a huge IF.

Comment

Working...
                      X