No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin Tested, Stops Kell Brook in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    I don't know about KO'd. But I have a hard time seeing him winning a round against Ward. I think he does a lil better against Kovalev. But as much as he gets caught flush, I don't see him making it 12 rounds against Sergey.
    Lets start with Degale shall we ? , i think its obvious MW is a done deal now , no need to carry on begging for fights vs Canelo and the likes , him vs the best SMW will be amazing fight with good money and will be competitive , if he dispatches Dgegale can you give him credit ? or you still think he needs to go up another division ? he is almost done with his prime , give him a break.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
      Yep, Nacho should have thrown the towel in after Marquez hit the deck three times...

Cotto should have been pulled against Torres then right?

Bradley/Ruslan?

Vasquez/Marquez?

Gatti/Ward?

Wtf are you talking about.. They got scared because of GGG's reputation.....
      They stopped it because there was 7 more rounds to go and brook would be in a coma if it even went 2 more. He shot his wad and the beat down had just begun.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
        Canelo's stamina is a whole lot better than it was 3 years ago.
        Not really. Canelo just has done a better job of managing his output during his fights. Prime exmample is the cotto fight. Canelo didn't do that much in the first six and 7 he turned it up through 12. It appeared that his conditioning improved but to me it appeared to be an illusion. It was just his strategy

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
          Brook and his team bailed as soon as things got hot. I'm sorry but he gets a thumbs down on how that ended because he didn't want to go out on his shield very disappointing

He rather quit then get hurt, not impressed with that showing from Brook especially after such a strong start.

Now rest the eye and get your sh.it pushed in by Errol sometime in 2017
          Dude his corner threw in towel what in the helll are you talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            Not really. Canelo just has done a better job of managing his output during his fights. Prime exmample is the cotto fight. Canelo didn't do that much in the first six and 7 he turned it up through 12. It appeared that his conditioning improved but to me it appeared to be an illusion. It was just his strategy
            That's how he always fights though. He doesn't throw a ton of punches until he has someone on the ropes. That little bit you say he did would've had him gassed a few years ago like the Trout fight.

Comment

• It took fighting Brook for the MW division to gain confidence. Thank goodness lol

Comment

• All the credit you morons gave brook for moving up goes down the ****ter. Why move up if your corner throws the towel in that quick? It's because he was in over his head. You don't get credit for making dumb ass fights. He shouldn't have been in there. And since he was, at least let him go out with some sort of dignity. Him and his team wasted our time by wimping out so quick. So much for the credit you morons gave him for moving up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  That was a brutal fight.

Golovkin really has two versions of himself - the one where he doesn't respect his opponent and relentlessly tries to destroy his opponent quickly, like tonight, and there is the version where he respects his opponent like how he fought Lemeuix or Stevens where he uses his jab, fights smart and is patient with his work. It's all about the opponent. Put him in the ring with a Jacobs or Canelo, we'll get the David Lemeuix version, put him in there with a physically out matched guy, we'll see a street fight.
                  That's what I'm thinking too.

Comment

• Triple G does many subtle things an average fan is not even aware of ...takes something more than just a little love tap to damage an eye socket he did well vs a skilled fighter ...bottom line I'm sure this will put any thought about vs Fraudverez until 2018...

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      I think GGG can be beaten based on the fact that he sux defensively. And relies solely on fighters not being able to handle his strength and power. Which is likely the main reason why he doesn't wanna move up. Because the second he gets in the ring with someone that he can't overwhelm, that can actually fighr, he's done. If Brook weren't a welterweight, he would have loss tonight.
                      I'm pretty sure if Brook was a middleweight, Golovkin would have fought differently. The way he fought this time wasn't like how he fought against Lemieux, for example. In that fight, he was more patient with his boxing and slowly broke him down. In this case, he looked like he was just looking for that one-hit KO and seeing how he does like put a big show for the fans (and likely give the other boxers more confidence to get in the ring with him), I'm pretty certain that was intentional.

Comment

Working...
                      X