Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs Drops Mora Five Times For TKO, Eyes Golovkin Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Fight date to fight date, you're talking about 10 weeks (basically timing both guys to having 8-week camps). Timing suggests that HBO is planning another tick-over date for Golovkin.

With the WBA sanctioning the mandatory defense within the week, and Daniel Jacobs already having eyes on fighting again in December (on a date that'll likely give everyone involved, TV/promoters and trainers alike, a more realistic 15 weeks to get things together), it's seeming more and more likely that K2 is going to have Golovkin drop the WBA and hope that their fan orbit helps spin things enough to not have Golovkin look like a ****.
    Put down the pipe.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      I posted yesterday Jacob should win within five against a pretty much shot fighter but more hung on for two extra rounds can't see Jacobs doing anything more against GGG but let's see what happens after Brook... can't do much more with the avoidance of Fraudverez...
      Golovkin is ten times easier to hit than Sergio Mora is, even when Mora looks like he looked.

Jacobs can crack with both hands, can fight inside/mid/outside, is the bigger/longer man, and is as fluid either southpaw or orthodox. You add that Golovkin really doesn't counterpunch and what are you standing on?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        I did not like what I saw from Jacobs. I'm convinced GGG will knock him out. Too stiff, too wide open, suspect punch resistance, no jab.

Prior to, I thought it was more so an even fight but it seems like Jacobs is now regressing.
        ^^^a person who obviously didn't actually watch the fight.

Comment

Golovkin is ten times easier to hit than Sergio Mora is, even when Mora looks like he looked.

Jacobs can crack with both hands, can fight inside/mid/outside, is the bigger/longer man, and is as fluid either southpaw or orthodox. You add that Golovkin really doesn't counterpunch and what are you standing on?
          If Jacob's believed he had any chance at beating Golovkin, he would've pressed for the mandatory already, beat the man, and started cashing in on his new status. Instead he just talks about delaying the fight and people like you cling to the idea of stripping Golovkin via a purse bid. Pathetic and bitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Put down the pipe.
            If Dan Rafael is being legit, do you honestly see K2 being ready to fight Daniel Jacobs (say what you want about his ability, Jacobs is the #2 MW on the planet) after an 8-week fight camp?

Comment

If Jacob's believed he had any chance at beating Golovkin, he would've pressed for the mandatory already, beat the man, and started cashing in on his new status. Instead he just talks about delaying the fight and people like you cling to the idea of stripping Golovkin via a purse bid. Pathetic and bitter.
              Why press, when he's already had money fights available to him? He fought Peter Quillin, and already picked up the high-water mark of what K2 was willing to offer.

Once the mandatory is called, all of the faux negotiations stop (ie K2's $4m offer to Saunders turning to $1.5m when the details get out), and it comes down to which side is ready/willing to put the money on the table.

75/25 Golovkin split on whatever the bid ends up being, with the side that wins the bid keeping all of the upside on Golovkin-Jacobs (a big fight that's likely ready for PPV).

Not Jacobs' fault that Golovkin wants to get every fight on the cheap

Comment

If Dan Rafael is being legit, do you honestly see K2 being ready to fight Daniel Jacobs (say what you want about his ability, Jacobs is the #2 MW on the planet) after an 8-week fight camp?
                K2 would obviously be ready if they accepted the date. But it's obviously still tentative. That date would be paired with the Ward/Kovalev replay, HBO may want something weaker and let Golovkin have early December. I think Jacobs/Golovkin gets pushed to March '17 so that it can go on ppv though.

Comment

Why press, when he's already had money fights available to him? He fought Peter Quillin, and already picked up the high-water mark of what K2 was willing to offer.

Once the mandatory is called, all of the faux negotiations stop (ie K2's $4m offer to Saunders turning to $1.5m when the details get out), and it comes down to which side is ready/willing to put the money on the table.

75/25 Golovkin split on whatever the bid ends up being, with the side that wins the bid keeping all of the upside on Golovkin-Jacobs (a big fight that's likely ready for PPV).

Not Jacobs' fault that Golovkin wants to get every fight on the cheap
                  Let's see....Lemieux, career high....Wade....career high....Eubanks offered career high....BJS offered career high.....Jacobs I'm sure offered career high......Brook making career high....

That's really cheap of them to pay all those guys career high money..

Get off the PBC and black fighters dicks and start being a real boxing fan...

Comment

K2 would obviously be ready if they accepted the date. But it's obviously still tentative. That date would be paired with the Ward/Kovalev replay, HBO may want something weaker and let Golovkin have early December. I think Jacobs/Golovkin gets pushed to March '17 so that it can go on ppv though.
                    For a fight on regular HBO (even paired with the Kovalev-Ward replay), from the outside looking in, you're talking about maybe $3m set aside for the bill; Golovkin's unwillingness to take short money would then indicate another lowball offer.

The only issue with the idea of delaying Golovkin-Jacobs to March is that the WBA has already delayed mandating the fight far enough, and there's very little that K2/Golovkin can do to justify another delay (especially with timing leaning toward the IBF mandatory title defense coming back around).

Outside of paying the money that Saunders is asking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Let's see....Lemieux, career high....Wade....career high....Eubanks offered career high....BJS offered career high.....Jacobs I'm sure offered career high......Brook making career high....

That's really cheap of them to pay all those guys career high money..

Get off the PBC and black fighters dicks and start being a real boxing fan...
                      Do you honestly believe that David Lemieux never made $1.5m fighting on PPV in Canada? And the Eubank/Brook "offers" don't mean **** because K2 isn't even controlling the event; Matchroom Sport is.

Also, I sincerely doubt that K2 offer Daniel Jacobs significantly more than the $1.5m that he was disclosed to have gotten for the Quillin fight.

Will obviously give credit for the Wade offer, but that's about it. Nuance has a way of wrecking your arguments, I'm finding out

Comment

Working...
                      X