Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs Drops Mora Five Times For TKO, Eyes Golovkin Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    Because Lemieux is a complete hypejob who was outboxed over 12 by a man Matthew Macklin took out in one round......

Lemieux's big wins are Rosado and N'dam....... Seriously....
    And how does that change the fact that Lemieux is a big puncher?

Please learn how to read: I did not say that Lemieux is an elite boxer. David Price, for instance, is not a good boxer, but a huge puncher that can take anybody out if he lands.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Brakus;17021482]
      Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      What about GGG's lacking defensive skills?

Wade's slow ass hit him with a 4 punch combo.
      Adama is slower than Wade...and he was landing LEAD rights.

That's not a good sign...especially for an older fighter.

At least you gotta' be quick to catch Danny..anybody can hit GGG.

Don't take your eye off the things Jacobs does well...

I know ya'll love GGG but he is there for only because of his weak resume.[/QUOTE

Explain why all the MWs are avoiding the guy with a 'weak resume' so much? Why are titleholders vacating their titles to avoid the fighter with the 'weak resume'??

Let's see, this fighter with the 'weak resume' is also ranked in the top 3 pound by pound rankings by ring ****zine and ESPN. Boxing scene has him ranked at #4.

Explain
      GGG is fighting all the time...so nobody is avoiding him.

The title holders are getting the low-ball treatment from K2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dolor View Post
        And how does that change the fact that Lemieux is a big puncher?

Please learn how to read: I did not say that Lemieux is an elite boxer. David Price, for instance, is not a good boxer, but a huge puncher that can take anybody out if he lands.
        Yeah but you need to actually land that punch and stfu that's not what you said at all. You were implying GGG changed tactics and showed amazing boxing skills to neutralize Lemieux and I proved that it doesn't take much skill to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          What fool lets himself get hit?

What moron believes that crap?

GGG gets hits A LOT...deal with it.
          GGG has an very strong chin, quite obviously - the fact that he has never been down as an amateur or pro, speaks volumes. Just look at the Gaele KO, where he was getting hit flush and still landed the KO punch in the same motion.

Like it or not, GGG does toy with some opponents, and does not with others - whether you believe that, or not, is quite irrelevant.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kigali;17021910]
            Originally posted by Brakus View Post
            GGG is fighting all the time...so nobody is avoiding him.
            So Martinez did not avoid him - what was the exact wording? "...will not put him in with that monster"?

Cotto did not avoid him - but gave a title shot to Geale, whom GGG had just KOed, despite the fact GGG himself was actively calling him out?

Canelo did not avoid him - he just didn't like the color of the WBC MW belt, and hence dropped it, right?

Quillin? Saunders? Or Eubank and Jacobs, who made absurd monetary demands, knowing that would kill the negotiations? Jacobs is now calling GGG out - let's see if he will man up this time.

The only fighter (of comparable weight of course) who has NOT ducked GGG, is Ward.
            Last edited by Dolor; 09-10-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
              Yeah but you need to actually land that punch and stfu that's not what you said at all. You were implying GGG changed tactics and showed amazing boxing skills to neutralize Lemieux and I proved that it doesn't take much skill to do that.
              Again, please learn how to read.

I said that GGG changed tactics, knowing that he was facing a big puncher in Lemieux. There is no argument against that. He focused on the jab until he was certain that Lemieux was finished. I made no mention of "amazing boxing skills" - that comment just exists in your head.

Please do let me know if you want me to explain it again - I am a patient man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                the other day i read a troll here saying how jacobs would outbox GGG and KO him late it took him 7 rounds to take mora out of there. how long would mora last vs GGG?
                Sergio Mora absolutely refuses to sit in front of you and let you tee off, a tactic basically unlike every fighter that K2 has put Golovkin in with since Gabriel Rosado (even Willie Monroe, though he does move a bit, preferred to try to catch-and-shoot).

You add that Mora bring so many different dimensions, with Golovkin bringing near none, and folks are being hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                  yeah right I'm sure the cowardly jacobs is going to want 10 quillins for a fight with GGG.
                  He won't need "10 quillins"; with another big performance, and Brooklyn Boxing as Jacobs' lead sponsor (with New York fights now at a premium), the only question is how ready Golovkin is to travel to Brooklyn and hop across the TV divide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Sergio Mora absolutely refuses to sit in front of you and let you tee off, a tactic basically unlike every fighter that K2 has put Golovkin in with since Gabriel Rosado (even Willie Monroe, though he does move a bit, preferred to try to catch-and-shoot).

You add that Mora bring so many different dimensions, with Golovkin bringing near none, and folks are being hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Fat Dan says HBO has Nov 26th waiting for GGG. If no BJS, Danny's up next!
                      Fight date to fight date, you're talking about 10 weeks (basically timing both guys to having 8-week camps). Timing suggests that HBO is planning another tick-over date for Golovkin.

With the WBA sanctioning the mandatory defense within the week, and Daniel Jacobs already having eyes on fighting again in December (on a date that'll likely give everyone involved, TV/promoters and trainers alike, a more realistic 15 weeks to get things together), it's seeming more and more likely that K2 is going to have Golovkin drop the WBA and hope that their fan orbit helps spin things enough to not have Golovkin look like a ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X