No announcement yet.

Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    I think Dulorme's new opponent might win but would have to watch more of him before putting money on it.
    Ugas is one of the better spoilers in boxing right now. I'm almost thinking he could be the favorite or it could be a pick em or close to one so the odds might not make that one sexy enough to bet, but I'm refreshing like a mofo trying to catch a line on that one cuz thats one of the fights I'm most interested in right now.

Randomly, & its still a ways off, but I LOVE Ryan Burnett at -240. I was super impressed with him picking up a title recently & he's fighting that cat who squeaked by Raushe Warren recently. I think Ryan is a really promising guy. I actually bet against him last time out cuz I thought it was too early for him to take such a big fight vs a much more experienced guy, but he excelled.

Oh & randomly I like fight goes the distance for Indongo vs Crawford this weekend at -105. Crawford took a long time getting Diaz out of there last time & Indongo is a huge guy who's awkward & usually goes the distance himself + seems to have some surprising power at times with half his KO's coming in the 1st (including his W over Troya) which I tend to think will lead to Crawford being overly careful in such an important fight, arguably the most important of his career. .

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Lol.

Hell I think Floyd inside the distance sounds great. So just Floyd to win is f#ckable.
      floyd ko opened at 2/1 , now its 4/6 , feels dirty to bet on it when that was my prediction from the get go

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Any underdogs you're betting on this month? I remember how bad Maurice Hooker looked getting that draw on the Ward undercard, so when I saw he was fighting an unbeaten guy who was 6/1 I considered it. But the 6/1 guy has a hell of a lot of bums on his record. And I hardly ever call anyone a bum but he fought guys with records like 0-15, 0-22, 0-1, 0-15, 2-36, 0-3 and 2 guys who were 0-11. So I'll leave that one alone.

I think Dulorme's new opponent might win but would have to watch more of him before putting money on it.

there is no footage on hookers opponent courtney jackson on youtube

odds arent out for dulorme ugas yet

--------------------------------------------------

any thoughts on samuel vargas - guy that fought danny, vs funeka who is now 39 and lost last time out by stoppage to jeff horn

vargas is the one im looking at at 8/15, he was 1/2 so some decent money gone on funeka

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        floyd ko opened at 2/1 , now its 4/6 , feels dirty to bet on it when that was my prediction from the get go

there is no footage on hookers opponent courtney jackson on youtube

odds arent out for dulorme ugas yet

--------------------------------------------------

any thoughts on samuel vargas - guy that fought danny, vs funeka who is now 39 and lost last time out by stoppage to jeff horn

vargas is the one im looking at at 8/15, he was 1/2 so some decent money gone on funeka
        Ali dropped Horn doe didn't he? Idk if thats good for Ali or bad for Horn doe lol.

Idk enough about Vargas.

I'm just waiting on that Ugas vs Dulorme line which hopefully will be sexy & betable.

Comment

Ugas is one of the better spoilers in boxing right now. I'm almost thinking he could be the favorite or it could be a pick em or close to one so the odds might not make that one sexy enough to bet, but I'm refreshing like a mofo trying to catch a line on that one cuz thats one of the fights I'm most interested in right now.

Randomly, & its still a ways off, but I LOVE Ryan Burnett at -240. I was super impressed with him picking up a title recently & he's fighting that cat who squeaked by Raushe Warren recently. I think Ryan is a really promising guy. I actually bet against him last time out cuz I thought it was too early for him to take such a big fight vs a much more experienced guy, but he excelled.

Oh & randomly I like fight goes the distance for Indongo vs Crawford this weekend at -105. Crawford took a long time getting Diaz out of there last time & Indongo is a huge guy who's awkward & usually goes the distance himself + seems to have some surprising power at times with half his KO's coming in the 1st (including his W over Troya) which I tend to think will lead to Crawford being overly careful in such an important fight, arguably the most important of his career. .

I backed Indongo in the Burns fight, but I think Crawford is far quicker and technically sound than the guys Indongo has fought before.
          Crawford will be able to exploit Indongos rather wide punches and tendency to fall in with his punches.
          If Indongo doesnt shell up after tasting some counters, his workrate will give crawford plenty opportunity to land big shots.

Comment

Ali dropped Horn doe didn't he? Idk if thats good for Ali or bad for Horn doe lol.

Idk enough about Vargas.

I'm just waiting on that Ugas vs Dulorme line which hopefully will be sexy & betable.
            Nah as far as i remember it wasnt a legit kd, think he headbutted him and the reff counted it lol.

Funeka had a big upset win in Russia a while ago, if he's motivated and in shape he should beat sammy imo.

as for mayweather im not even watching let alone betting on it.
            Staying well clear of anything until the super 8 tournament starts.

Crawford on points is tempting this weekend though....
            Jack V cleverly to go the distance as well, i think the price will be way too big on Jack by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              Nah as far as i remember it wasnt a legit kd, think he headbutted him and the reff counted it lol.

Funeka had a big upset win in Russia a while ago, if he's motivated and in shape he should beat sammy imo.

as for mayweather im not even watching let alone betting on it.
              Staying well clear of anything until the super 8 tournament starts.

Crawford on points is tempting this weekend though....
              Jack V cleverly to go the distance as well, i think the price will be way too big on Jack by KO.
              you know your stuff

yea but funeka is 39 , low activity, legs arent gone yet like someone like marco huck but they are on the cusp of being gone . and vargas was winning rounds vs danny

ill take a closer look

idongo got dropped earlier in his career in round 1 but it was more of an off balance flash knockdown, i think in-play is smart for that one, crawford starts off slow so odds will drift for him. whenever you got a fast starter vs slow starter its best to wait for in-play,e.g. i bet in-play for spence vs brook

although having said that, idongo starts fast and will look to come forward which is what crawford wants, and crawford might find holes in idongos defence

crawford is no doubt top 5 p4p

Comment

you know your stuff

yea but funeka is 39 , low activity, legs arent gone yet like someone like marco huck but they are on the cusp of being gone . and vargas was winning rounds vs danny

ill take a closer look

idongo got dropped earlier in his career in round 1 but it was more of an off balance flash knockdown, i think in-play is smart for that one, crawford starts off slow so odds will drift for him. whenever you got a fast starter vs slow starter its best to wait for in-play,e.g. i bet in-play for spence vs brook
                Yeah i might go for a small in play bet just for interest, it's too risky because Crawford has to get inside him and that spells for knockdowns...the question is will crawford finish him?

The fact he didnt finish Postol (and was hurting and dropping him with grazing shots) was very disappointing...show's that he doesnt have that killer instinct imo

Its a shame the undercard is filled with utter garbage, because i would double up over 5.5 rounds with something...

Comment

Idk enough about Vargas.

Yordenis Ugas (4/9)
                  Draw (22/1)
                  Thomas Dulorme (7/4)

Comment

what you guys think of the ugas dulorme odds?

im about to bet big on dulorme so jus wanna run it by real quick

Comment

what you guys think of the ugas dulorme odds?

im about to bet big on dulorme so jus wanna run it by real quick
                      The pricing is definitely wrong, i would have it close to a pick em so defo worth a punt on dulhorme, dunno about going 'big' on it tho, but hey ho it might pay off

Comment

Working...
                      X