No announcement yet.

Brook-Golovkin who's the A-side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook-Golovkin who's the A-side?

It seems pretty obvious to me that the British fighter is the main reason Brits will be buying this fight. Golovkin wouldn't even be considered for PPV in Britain if he wasn't fighting a Brit, Brook on the other hand would would be PPV with lots of other fighters (Canelo, Vargas etc). But we have some Golovkin fans saying he isn't. Who you got?
    Brook
    41.18%
    Golovkin
    58.82%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    It seems pretty obvious to me that the British fighter is the main reason Brits will be buying this fight. Golovkin wouldn't even be considered for PPV in Britain if he wasn't fighting a Brit, Brook on the other hand would would be PPV with lots of other fighters (Canelo, Vargas etc). But we have some Golovkin fans saying he isn't. Who you got?
    So if GGG fought Canelo in the UK it wouldn't be considered for PPV?

Why are your posts so idiotic ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      So if GGG fought Canelo in the UK it wouldn't be considered for PPV?

Why are your posts so idiotic ?
      Brook-Canelo in the US would be PPV in the UK, Golovkin-Canelo wouldn't. People claiming Brook isn't the A-side in this fight are the idiotic ones. What's your opinion, who's the bigger draw in the UK?

Comment

Sure, Brook is the A-Side. But because of Golovkin the fight is set to be the biggest boxing event of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          There's a reason why Brook is going to make 3 or 4x more for fighting GGG on Sky PPV than he's ever earned for a single fight in his career so far. Can you figure out what that reason is?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            There's a reason why Brook is going to make 3 or 4x more for fighting GGG on Sky PPV than he's ever earned for a single fight in his career so far. Can you figure out what that reason is?
            How much more is Golovkin making than he usually does from UK tv? 50x more?

Comment

Brook and simply because he has a legit top win over porter to whereas ggg has no wins over a top fighter.

Pretty sad when looking at it that way.

Comment

That's an easy and obvious question to answer. It's Kell Brook's event. After all, they are fighting in his backyard and he has the A-side promoter in Eddie Hearn. He'll get to choose everything from the gloves, venue to ring entrances and also he would be the one announced last once they introduce the two fighters.

Comment

I always figured the A side appeared at the top of the bill.

Comment

I think that's a fair assessment. Brook is the A-side in Britain and Golovkin is a known enough name to make it a ppv there. Golovkin is the bigger name in the states, but not as big as Brook is in Britain (from what I gather).

Comment

Working...
                    X