Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Canelo can beat GGG but he loses to Andrade, the Charlos, & Lara???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Money > Legacy despite what his team says but oh well its modern boxing for you, hes not doing something others dont or wouldnt do.
    OMG. Finally somebody admits this. I've been trying to dig this out of GGG fans from day one but they are so damn stubborn. Props to you.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      Those "smaller" fighters you talk about have more height, more reach, and weight the same than GGG on fight night. Even now they are bigger. At 160, even more bigger than GGG. Just telling you FACTS. (Except Lara, of course)
      Theres more to size than just weight man. First I will say this, GGG being at or around his fighting weight goes to show you how well he trains and a healthy lifestyle he lives. Similar to guys like Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins, & Juan Marquez. Anyways, guys blowing up 20lbs after training camp dont really make that their natural fighting weight where they are going to be at their physical best. Cutting weight is a dangerous game and a young mans game, if you have ever just been on a diet you would know it sucks balls. The best thing a fighter can do is maintain his natural athletic weight because again it become a dangerous game that will one day bite someone in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        OMG. Finally somebody admits this. I've been trying to dig this out of GGG fans from day one but they are so damn stubborn. Props to you.
        Im no GGG fan man trust me, if I were to choose my favorite MW itd probably be Jacobs but I kinda vomit in my mouth saying this as well. Personally I dont like boxing from 147-160 right now, to many primadonnas. I am just tired of the hypocrisy and people thinking they are real boxing fans that are hella agenda driven. I like calling out the hypocrites basically. People need to start giving props when props are due and calling BS when its there, not make excuse after excuse. IDK man, as a trainer 1 of my biggest pet peeves are excuses, Ive always been told they are like @$$h0les we all have 1.

Comment

And the Charlos and Andrade have twinkle toes?
          Andrade has good feet. Has no problems letting his hands go. Has good hand speed, great agility and respectable power. He can fight inside or outside and he would have a height and reach advantage on Canelo that he actually knows how to take advantage of. I see absolutely no way that Canelo does'nt take a severe beating from Andrade without landing a hail Mary. Andrade is all kinds of wrong for Canelo.

Charlos I think he can beat. Really most 154/160 I think he either beats or is a 50/50 fight outside of GGG, J-Rock and Andrade.

Comment

The difference is GGG is not avoiding anyone in his own division. When he talks about money it's for moving down or moving up. But at 160, he always fought anyone. You cannot say the same of some fighters.

Comment

Im no GGG fan man trust me, if I were to choose my favorite MW itd probably be Jacobs but I kinda vomit in my mouth saying this as well. Personally I dont like boxing from 147-160 right now, to many primadonnas. I am just tired of the hypocrisy and people thinking they are real boxing fans that are hella agenda driven. I like calling out the hypocrites basically. People need to start giving props when props are due and calling BS when its there, not make excuse after excuse. IDK man, as a trainer 1 of my biggest pet peeves are excuses, Ive always been told they are like @$$h0les we all have 1.
              They all want the same thing. Low risk/high reward fights. And if a risky fight is on the table, they would rather it build up into a bigger fight. Every boxer in the sport has that mentality right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                Andrade has good feet. Has no problems letting his hands go. Has good hand speed, great agility and respectable power. He can fight inside or outside and he would have a height and reach advantage on Canelo that he actually knows how to take advantage of. I see absolutely no way that Canelo does'nt take a severe beating from Andrade without landing a hail Mary. Andrade is all kinds of wrong for Canelo.

Charlos I think he can beat. Really most 154/160 I think he either beats or is a 50/50 fight outside of GGG, J-Rock and Andrade.
                Respectable answer. I just dont see how Canelo has a better shot to beat GGG than he does Andrade. Lara was taller and longer with track shoes on and I had it a draw. If Andrade doesnt move as much as Lara, whos to say he could take a punch from Canelo? Canelo stood center ring with Trout despite whatever people think that outcome was and took hits, took hits from Cotto, Lara, Angulo, & Kirkland and wasnt fazed, Im sure with a lesser moving target itd be in Canelos favor...

Comment

They all want the same thing. Low risk/high reward fights. And if a risky fight is on the table, they would rather it build up into a bigger fight. Every boxer in the sport has that mentality right now.
                  VERY VERY true!!! I understand its a $$$ business but nowadays there are big financial opportunites getting turned down in hopes of them becoming bigger next year... I prefer 140<, guys are a lil hungrier there but theres still BS too.

Comment

Respectable answer. I just dont see how Canelo has a better shot to beat GGG than he does Andrade. Lara was taller and longer with track shoes on and I had it a draw. If Andrade doesnt move as much as Lara, whos to say he could take a punch from Canelo? Canelo stood center ring with Trout despite whatever people think that outcome was and took hits, took hits from Cotto, Lara, Angulo, & Kirkland and wasnt fazed, Im sure with a lesser moving target itd be in Canelos favor...
                    Wasn't fazed against Kirkland? What fight were you watching? Kirkland hurt Canelo more than once in their short fight, and was walking him down at one point.

Canelo was hurt and staggared by feather fisted, 150lns Floyd and was being walked down at certain points in the fight.

Andrade is bigger, stronger, longer, and far more active and aggressive version of Floyd. Not saying he would get KO'd but I'm quite certain he gets KD more than once by Andrade in a twelve round unanimous decision.

That said, it's possible Canelo might KD Andrade at one point too, but he definitely loses a lopsided dec....okay well we know the judges will never let it be lopsided, maybe a split decision then.

Comment

Like someone else said. Styles make fights. While I think Canelo has little chance of beating GGG, he will be there to get hit. You don't need to be a track star to avoid punishment in Andrade's case. Sure he could get clipped, Andrade does'nt mind exchanging, but outside of power and expirience Canelo is outgunned in every department by Andrade.

Comment

Working...
                      X