Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Canelo can beat GGG but he loses to Andrade, the Charlos, & Lara???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    The difference is GGG is not avoiding anyone in his own division. When he talks about money it's for moving down or moving up. But at 160, he always fought anyone. You cannot say the same of some fighters.
    I dont blame the guy for taking the Brook fight, it made financial sense and like I said in another comment, hes not doing anything the rest of boxing isnt. The problem is people dont see reality, sure hes doing himself a favor but its still a crap fight and it does nothing for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      I dont blame the guy for taking the Brook fight, it made financial sense and like I said in another comment, hes not doing anything the rest of boxing isnt. The problem is people dont see reality, sure hes doing himself a favor but its still a crap fight and it does nothing for the sport.
      The UK public is dying to see Golovkin in the UK, and they believe Brook has a chance of beating him (just look at facebook and youtube comments, there are many UK fans that believe Brook can take it).

Brook has put on like 15 lbs, muscles on the legs, core, arms. This is a fight that won't damage the sport in any way, on the contrary it will be a big fight that will catch media attention. After this Golovkin might be able to get some big fights in the UK, possibly BJS or Eubank jr if BJS is not available. Also go up to 168 maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        Like someone else said. Styles make fights. While I think Canelo has little chance of beating GGG, he will be there to get hit. You don't need to be a track star to avoid punishment in Andrade's case. Sure he could get clipped, Andrade does'nt mind exchanging, but outside of power and expirience Canelo is outgunned in every department by Andrade.
        I get it bro, and I understand whole heartedly styles make fights but I think the risk of an ass beating is moreso from GGG, could Canelo win? Yeah but he would have to box his ass off. Against Andrade like you states he will exchange and Canelo would/could win some of those exchanges, GGG is a different story. I just think at 154 Canelo probably beats most 7x's out of 10. At 160 Id favor Jacobs and GGG BIGTIME over Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          The UK public is dying to see Golovkin in the UK, and they believe Brook has a chance of beating him (just look at facebook and youtube comments, there are many UK fans that believe Brook can take it).

Brook has put on like 15 lbs, muscles on the legs, core, arms. This is a fight that won't damage the sport in any way, on the contrary it will be a big fight that will catch media attention. After this Golovkin might be able to get some big fights in the UK, possibly BJS or Eubank jr if BJS is not available. Also go up to 168 maybe.
          Again the popularity itll bring = Financial sense. I understand boxing in the UK is on the rise, there is a lot of talent and ballsy guys out there. But please realize the "consensus" MW champ fighting a WW does not help boxing, all it helps is GGG and again more power to him, make that $ while its still there.

Comment

Again the popularity itll bring = Financial sense. I understand boxing in the UK is on the rise, there is a lot of talent and ballsy guys out there. But please realize the "consensus" MW champ fighting a WW does not help boxing, all it helps is GGG and again more power to him, make that $ while its still there.
            I wouldn't blame GGG because the man fights three times a year, tries to fight the best MW's since years ago, they all hid. Now makes a fight against Brook (who will be at the same size than him) and there's criticism?

Comment

lol, whats up with that? Has anyone else noticed this?? "Certain" posters are big hypocrites and not real fans. Anyways if these guys beat Canelo easily why dont they move up to 160, get ranked by one of GGG's sanctioning belts and become a mandatory? GGG loves his mandatory and smaller fighters so it makes lots of sense... Can someone please explain?
              according to a large section of this forum, anyone can beat GGG- lara, canelo, cotto, dave from down the pub, just anyone apart from kell brook.

Comment

I really haven't seen many say Canelo would beat GGG on this forum, maybe they're on my Ignore List and I'm not seeing it

Comment

Golovkin attacks and Canelo is a boxer and their ranges is not all that different so it is a fight that suits Canelo more even if Golovkin is better than the others which he may or may not be since he hasn't fought anyone like those guys.

Canelo struggles with guys he has to chase down. Lara was fairly even so I would question the Charlos getting the job done better, but Andrade has proven that he will sit on the outside and pick a guy apart at range when it is the easiest way. Andrade has a huge range advantage on Canelo who is a guy who will never go for broke to work his way inside.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Golovkin attacks and Canelo is a boxer and their ranges is not all that different so it is a fight that suits Canelo more even if Golovkin is better than the others which he may or may not be since he hasn't fought anyone like those guys.

Canelo struggles with guys he has to chase down. Lara was fairly even so I would question the Charlos getting the job done better, but Andrade has proven that he will sit on the outside and pick a guy apart at range when it is the easiest way. Andrade has a huge range advantage on Canelo who is a guy who will never go for broke to work his way inside.
                    I guess man but from what you are saying Andrade has the goods to beat Canelo and GGG...

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      according to a large section of this forum, anyone can beat GGG- lara, canelo, cotto, dave from down the pub, just anyone apart from kell brook.
                      Yeah I really dont think any of those guys can. GGG is beatable despite what his nuthuggers think but its going to take a special talent and I dont see anyone at 154-168 that can. and not just because I am a fan, Ward has the style to beat GGG, Wards style is all wrong for him. I just dont see anyone that can stand in front of GGG make him miss , counter, and move flawlessly. Once GGG gets in rhythm, its hard to disrupt it. Only speed (foot and hand) can conquer that. Running ring post to ring post and just simply countering are recipes for destruction. Someone will eventually come a long though, GGG is already old for a boxer, he could get caught cold but I see him on top for a couple more years.

Comment

Working...
                      X