Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We'd Fight Andre Ward, But He Can't Make 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    So if ward couldnt make 168 since 2013,

That means he was blowing smoke in 2014
    And 2015 and 2016 about being able to fight GGG right.?

That will always be a debate. He had promoter issues and supposedly couldnt make the weight

One could argue that by the time ward fights kovalev in november (if ward acrually goes thru with it ) he hasnt fought a real opponent in 4 years.

Dawson -c minus fighter drained -2012
    Rodriguez-c minus fighter - 13' domestic fighter
    Smith-d plus fighter -15' overweight domestic

2016---
    Barrera-c minus fighter-inexperienced domestic
    Brand-d fighter-old journeyman .

Thats a weak resume

You wanna get technical

Before Froch which was a good win
    He beat Abraham whos best weight was 160
    And bika an old journeyman along with a d fighter in Allen green.

We all know how the kessler fight went with all those intentional head butts in oakland.

You cant make this stuff up
    It can be argued that GGG hasn't fought a real opponent in his entire career, according to your logic. Ward has 4-5 names on his resume that would absolutely wreck everyone GGG has ever fought.

Comment

When Andray is foighting at One Seeeixty-Ate ponds, we ask him catchweight of One Seeeixty-For

Now Andray has moved up to Loight-Heavywet Deveeeschun, we are ready to fight with him at One Seeeeixy-Ate

This my style.

Thanks you to my team.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        I honestly don't think money is GGG's motivation. He has a nice net worth, and a sweetheart deal from HBO. I think money is the motivation for his team. I think they're milking him for everything he's worth. I think he has some ****ty people around him giving him some ****ty advice. And he's trusting them, and making him look bad.
        I don't think K2 has done a great job either, but I understand their logic. Why risk defeat to Ward, who is not a big draw outside of Oakland, when you can potentially fight Cotto or Canelo @ 160, and be the overwhelming favorite? Where they went wrong is thinking that 2 guys (who both would be A-side) that fought @ 155, would move up for GGG, rather than force GGG to come down? That was just plain stupid! So now they have to wait until Canelo feels comfortable @ 160, and then hope that he doesn't lose on the way to the big show! What happens if Canelo loses to Smith, Lemieux or BJ Saunders?

Comment

For those keeping track:

They would've fought DeGale if Eddie would've offered him

They would've fought Froch but he's retired

They would've fought Ward but he can't make 168 anymore

Kell Brook was forced on them. They didn't have a choice.

Comment

Why do people still keep asking him about the Ward fight? Ward made it clear he doesn't wanna hear about Golovkin's name anymore and he moved up to 175 yet it seems every time Abel has an interview someone keeps asking him about moving up to fight Ward.

Comment

NON STORY! No need to say you would do something now, **** is over and past with. Ward is going to fight a real champion in Krusher and Ggg is going to fight Kell Brook. Boxing matches are happening may not be what we wanted but at least these fookers are fighting. Real talk GGG team is just keeping his name in the loop and name dropping Ward to help promote thier fight. They dont' want no 150k ppv performance again. Its understandable and silly articles like this should be disregarded. Its smart promotion, like every pac fight there would be multiple articles mentioning Floyd. Its to create the hope of it possibly happening. Enjoy the fights can't wait for the next round of contest in DEC and early 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I don't think K2 has done a great job either, but I understand their logic. Why risk defeat to Ward, who is not a big draw outside of Oakland, when you can potentially fight Cotto or Canelo @ 160, and be the overwhelming favorite? Where they went wrong is thinking that 2 guys (who both would be A-side) that fought @ 155, would move up for GGG, rather than force GGG to come down? That was just plain stupid! So now they have to wait until Canelo feels comfortable @ 160, and then hope that he doesn't lose on the way to the big show! What happens if Canelo loses to Smith, Lemieux or BJ Saunders?
                Cotto never had any intentions of fighting GGG. Oscar wants to push the GGG fight back as far as possible. And because of the age gap, that doesn't bode well for GGG.

At the end of the day, GGG is making good money fighting nobody. And he has a fan base that view fights with guys like Saunders and Jacobs as big fights. So there's really no need for him to take risks. Its sad. But it is what it is at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Brook dared to be great...that's not in GGG's gene pool.

Adrian Broner went from 130 to 135(two fights,both champions) skipped 140 and went straight to 147,and fought 2 champions.

Say what to will about AB...he has balls GGG will never dream of having.
                  You do realize that writing such crap means your putting yourself in the same gene pool as CaneloMaidana?

With Broner it was a Zeppelin sized ego. With Brook it's a no-lose cash grab.

So how is it working out for Broner? The guy has a super inflated opinion of himself that got in the way of reality. Now back at 140. Very likely Brook will stumble back to 154 and try to fight Smith after Canelo has beaten him.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    You do realize that writing such crap means your putting yourself in the same gene pool as CaneloMaidana?

With Broner it was a Zeppelin sized ego. With Brook it's a no-lose cash grab.

So how is it working out for Broner? The guy has a super inflated opinion of himself that got in the way of reality. Now back at 140. Very likely Brook will stumble back to 154 and try to fight Smith after Canelo has beaten him.
                    The biggest question among the GGG "haters" seems to be. Why is GGG more willing to fight guys moving up than he is to move up himself? Forget what everybody else has done and why.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      Cotto never had any intentions of fighting GGG. Oscar wants to push the GGG fight back as far as possible. And because of the age gap, that doesn't bode well for GGG.

At the end of the day, GGG is making good money fighting nobody. And he has a fan base that view fights with guys like Saunders and Jacobs as big fights. So there's really no need for him to take risks. Its sad. But it is what it is at this point.
                      In what universe you are living guy? Saunders is another belt holder and if Jacobs isn't the second best genuine MW then who is?

If you want to say MW is a crap division I say you are exaggerating. It's not the best division but it isn't the worst either.

So to satisfy YOUR desire to see Golovkin exposed but under the pretext of him sealing his legacy he has to fight Ward basically or any belt holder at 168.

I would love to see a Jacobs or Canelo fight. Not so much saunders. Both those fighters have a decent chance of beating Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X