Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest opinions about ward & kovalev...fanboys welcome too.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    You used three things to disqualify Ward that has nothing to do with P4P rankings. So I guess this is the new agenda now that the fight is confirmed. Make sure Ward doesn't get P4P if he wins. You people are see thru.
    Let them talk shit, Lil G will always be behind Ward in 99% of peoples all time lists unless he beats some P4P guys.

Comment

And Roman Gonzalez is just brimming with charisma, huh?
      think youve misunderstood the thread mate, hes not comparing ward to active fighters, hes comparing him and kovalev to those from past years and eras.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        think youve misunderstood the thread mate, hes not comparing ward to active fighters, hes comparing him and kovalev to those from past years and eras.
        I didn't think it was that difficult to understand.

Comment

Since you said Ward is the type to sit on the P4P spot and not give us the fights we want. When has Ward ever done that? He cleaned out his former division. Moved up and is about to fight the #1 in a higher division . He has no history of not giving us the fights we want to see. The only fight I can think of that we wanted to see but didn't happen was the GGG fight and Ward can't be blamed for that

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            So where is the thread comparing Gonzalez to past years and eras? I

Comment

I think if Roman Gonzalez wins a title in yet another division, he should remain #1 p4p. I think the stronger case would be for Ward if he wins rather than if Kovalev wins, but I still think the top spot belongs to Roman

Comment

You used three things to disqualify Ward that has nothing to do with P4P rankings. So I guess this is the new agenda now that the fight is confirmed. Make sure Ward doesn't get P4P if he wins. You people are see thru.
                I'm not "disqualifying" either guy from anything...as I said, they'll have earned it. They just both lack something for me to feel good about calling them the best p4p fighter in the sport. It doesn't mean they won't be, it's just my personal feeling. Maybe it would be different if i was a big fan of either guy. I just look at them next to past p4p#1 guys and they fall short in the "it" factor. Maybe i just miss past eras.

Comment

So where is the thread comparing Gonzalez to past years and eras? I
                  Is Gonzales scheduled to fight for the #1 spot in the eyes of many boxing fans?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    I think if Roman Gonzalez wins a title in yet another division, he should remain #1 p4p. I think the stronger case would be for Ward if he wins rather than if Kovalev wins, but I still think the top spot belongs to Roman
                    That doesn't matter. It's about personality according to the topic starter. Does Roman have P4P personality like the fighters of the past?

Comment

Since you said Ward is the type to sit on the P4P spot and not give us the fights we want. When has Ward ever done that? He cleaned out his former division. Moved up and is about to fight the #1 in a higher division . He has no history of not giving us the fights we want to see. The only fight I can think of that we wanted to see but didn't happen was the GGG fight and Ward can't be blamed for that
                      I could picture him being a diva cuz he has been one...it doesn't mean that's what's gonna happen. Look at the past 3 years. Would you want that kind of run from the best p4p fighter in the sport. Look at the way ward has acted without much negotiating leverage...that's why it feels like he's not very interested in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X