Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest opinions about ward & kovalev...fanboys welcome too.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    Is Gonzales scheduled to fight for the #1 spot in the eyes of many boxing fans?
    He's the current #1 p4p. How does his personality stack up to the former #1 p4p fighters of the past?

You went from being concerned the fight wouldn't happen to now being concerned about the personality of the possible #1 p4p fighter. But never expressed concern about the personality of the current #1 p4p fighter. You're agenda is clear as day

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      I could picture him being a diva cuz he has been one...it doesn't mean that's what's gonna happen. Look at the past 3 years. Would you want that kind of run from the best p4p fighter in the sport. Look at the way ward has acted without much negotiating leverage...that's why it feels like he's not very interested in the sport.
      What were those great fights he withheld from us while he was out for three years? He'd already cleaned out the division. So who was the new super middleweight that stepped up while Ward was out? Were we craving to see Ward vs Groves or DeGale? Those are the fights he kept from us?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        That doesn't matter. It's about personality according to the topic starter. Does Roman have P4P personality like the fighters of the past?
        It's not all about personality...do you feel like ward or kovalev is on par with mayweather, pacquiao, jones, whitaker, tyson, leonard, hagler etc? All those fighters had something different, but their own something nonetheless.

Comment

It's amazing how many people undervalue Kovalev's boxing abilities.

Comment

That doesn't matter. It's about personality according to the topic starter. Does Roman have P4P personality like the fighters of the past?
            In that case, Shannon Briggs is #1 p4p without a doubt. That dude is one funny character...

LETS GO CHAMP!!

Comment

He's the current #1 p4p. How does his personality stack up to the former #1 p4p fighters of the past?

You went from being concerned the fight wouldn't happen to now being concerned about the personality of the possible #1 p4p fighter. But never expressed concern about the personality of the current #1 p4p fighter. You're agenda is clear as day
              I don't really view anyone as a consensus #1 right now....it's been a bit stagnant for me. This fight will seal it tho. You don't need to approach every topic like you're in an epic battle vs opposing fanbys ffs.

Comment

Thread is a casual black hole.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
                  It's amazing how many people undervalue Kovalev's boxing abilities.
                  I respect his abilities, it just doesn't feel like I'm watching a star who's on another level when i watch him fight. As i said before, maybe i just miss the past era...all the guys i grew up watching are retiring or have retired and this new crop just doesn't do it for me at this point. There's a whole bunch of potential if all the best fights get made. That's one positive thing about this fight.

Comment

If Ward beats Kovalev, his top 5 scalps will be:
                    1) Kovalev
                    2) Froch
                    3) Kessler
                    4) Dawson
                    5) Abraham

That's a P4P #1 caliber resume.

Comment

Ward was arguably the best p4p fighter in the sport at one point. Kovalev is dominating one of the glory divisions of the sport.

Kovalev absolutely does not lack personality. He has a great personality. He would struggle a lot against fighters? Really? He's damn near run 175 for years and has one less than stellar performance. Otherwise he's obliterated opponents. Besides, the best fighters in history have bad performances against fighters. Saying that the p4p #1 shouldn't have bad performances is completely ridiculous.

The winner of this fight absolutely deserves the p4p #1 spot and will be very worthy of the crown. Winning a fight like this is what p4p #1 fighters do.

Comment

Working...
                      X