Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis Fallout With Floyd is Perfect Example Why Signing To Mayweather is Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
    Gervonta Tank Davis fallout with mayweather is a perfect example of why signing with mayweather is a bad move. Mayweather is a very insecure person and is a lame who has been used to yes men all around him and the moment you dont agree with him 100% he will turn on you, we saw this with Luis Arias who was mayweather best fighter on Mayweather promotion but since Arias was cool with the Rahmans and mayweather wanted him to cut all ties with them and Arias refused Mayweather released him from the mayweather promotions. LOL mayweather wants to tell you who you can be friends with and who you cant lol and in Gervonta case he wanted to tell him where he can live and where he cant and when Gervonta refused Mayweather put him on ice and and sabotage his next fight.

Mayweather himself is the reason Mayweather promotions is a horrible option to sign to mayweather promotions cause you have to deal with him and all his insecurities.

source
    http://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-...-doubt--108023
    source
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/10/3...her-promotions
    Not as bas as signing with a coked-up cross dresser.

Stop hating lil fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Not as bas as signing with a coked-up cross dresser.

Stop hating lil fella.
      wtf wrong with you. you follow me in every thread defending mayweather lol even in non related mayweather threads lmfao.

I wish we could meet up so I can smack you homie real shit.

Comment

Gervonta Tank Davis fallout with mayweather is a perfect example of why signing with mayweather is a bad move. Mayweather is a very insecure person and is a lame who has been used to yes men all around him and the moment you dont agree with him 100% he will turn on you, we saw this with Luis Arias who was mayweather best fighter on Mayweather promotion but since Arias was cool with the Rahmans and mayweather wanted him to cut all ties with them and Arias refused Mayweather released him from the mayweather promotions. LOL mayweather wants to tell you who you can be friends with and who you cant lol and in Gervonta case he wanted to tell him where he can live and where he cant and when Gervonta refused Mayweather put him on ice and and sabotage his next fight.

Mayweather himself is the reason Mayweather promotions is a horrible option to sign to mayweather promotions cause you have to deal with him and all his insecurities.

source
        http://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-...-doubt--108023
        source
        http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/10/3...her-promotions
        I posted this in another tread. I agree with FMJ on this one. There is no reason Tank can give that justifies him no being able to move his camp to Vegas, temporarily or permanent. Tank is not at the point in his career where he can tell the ones investing in his future what he won't do. He's still a prospect. A prospect that's about to get a title shot that he has not earned yet. FMJ is trying to get him away from the unnecessary distractions to make sure he wins that title. With that title comes more money for Tank and FMJ. I see nothing wrong with trying to protect your investment.
        As for trying to knock FMJ as a promoter.... Tell me what promoter out their could get Ishe Smith a title shot? Not one shot but multiple shots. What promoter out there could get Ashley Theophane a title shot? FMJ must be a hell of a promoter to get guys that are really C/ B- fighters multiple shots at world titles. Even with Tank, who has about 15 or 16 fights against sub par competition is getting a title shot. What promoter out there is doing that for their fighters?

Comment

why would anyone want to sign with an unproven promoter like gayweather jr anyway? he sucks at picking fighters all of them have been busts smith bey love LOL plus we all know he cant read I'm laughing my ass off picturing him trying to read a contract.

Comment

lmfao floyd promotes him that is it. A promoter doesnt dictate where and with who you can train with.

This is like haymon telling danny garcia he cant train in philly no more.

Oscar telling Canelo he has to train in LA.

k2 telling ggg he has to train in russia.

hearns telling kell brook he has to train x place.
            All those fighters you named have earning potential. How much money has Tank put in Mayweather's pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              They already made up so this doesn't matter
              So, is Gervonta on his way to Vegas?

Comment

Mayweather Promotions is a starter promotional company. It should be treated as such for prospects to get some experience and then once their contract is up to go and sign with a major player.

Mikey Garcia was wined and dined by Mayweather and didn't sign with him, which should tell you all you need to know. Stevenson will probably not sign with him either. So all he's really left with is Badou Jack and Gervonta Davis. Losing a prospect like Gervonta Davis would be a pretty big blow.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  So, is Gervonta on his way to Vegas?
                  He's on periscope right now. Maybe announcing the fight.

Comment

Badu Jack, Mickey Bey, Ashley Theopane, J'Leon Love, Andrew Tabiti and Ishe Smith would disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                      Mayweather Promotions is a starter promotional company. It should be treated as such for prospects to get some experience and then once their contract is up to go and sign with a major player.

Mikey Garcia was wined and dined by Mayweather and didn't sign with him, which should tell you all you need to know. Stevenson will probably not sign with him either. So all he's really left with is Badou Jack and Gervonta Davis. Losing a prospect like Gervonta Davis would be a pretty big blow.
                      Mikey also met with GBP too and elected to remain a free agent. That seems to be Haymon's business model/philosophy. From what I heard Floyd's still going to promote some of Mikey's fights. Just on a fight by fight basis.

Comment

Working...
                      X