Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis Fallout With Floyd is Perfect Example Why Signing To Mayweather is Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    Which of floyds fighters are making millions? Which one is a superstar?
    He can be the first that is the point! Mayweather is just now starting to take his promotion serious and he is trying to build a star from the ground up. Davis can be that guy but if he doesn't want to listen then he is missing a golden opportunity for what? To stay close to home to hang with friends?

That is like telling your job, "No I Don't Want A Promotion And More Money I Want To Stay With My Friends"
    Last edited by sicko; 08-26-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Then it should be on the contract. If not, then floyd has no leg to stand as a promoter telling any fighter he has to train at his gym.
      We don't know what was agreed to and what was not. He doesn't seem eager to leave TMT so they are probably working something out.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Yeah lets see another promotion get Gervonta Davis a opportunity he hasn't earn yet and get him a shot at a title that Sosa just won

One thing fighters should NEVER DO is listen to fans when it comes to make career moves outside of the ring because Boxing fans have some of the absolute DUMBEST fans of any sport. It is all emotions and who they like and don't like>Common Sense!

Common ***ING Sense if you have a opportunity to relocate and make Millions and become a Superstar, WHY THE *** is this even a Debate and why the *** are people even trying to make a argument against it? If Davis have people around him who love him, even they would tell him to go make your money and become a star, he can always go back home when the job is done and with A LOT of money

That being said if I was a young boxer looking to turn pro No I wouldn't sign with any of these damn Promotions looking at how it was hell for the likes of Timothy Bradley, Andre Ward, Mikey Garcia and others to get out of those **** deals. Add Haymon as an Adviser and try to build your own promotion with Family being involved
        No promoter should invest in a fighter who's not dedicated, Gervonta Davis got a lot of exposure with Mayweather promotions, i think he's become one of the top prospects in terms of popularity and is now getting a chance to fight for a world title in his 17th fight. All he's asked to do is to move away from bad surroundings and live a dedicated life as a boxer. Not too much to ask and almost all fighters had to relocate at some point of their careers, plus u ger better sparring in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          No promoter should invest in a fighter who's not dedicated, Gervonta Davis got a lot of exposure with Mayweather promotions, i think he's become one of the top prospects in terms of popularity and is now getting a chance to fight for a world title in his 17th fight. All he's asked to do is to move away from bad surroundings and live a dedicated life as a boxer. Not too much to ask and almost all fighters had to relocate at some point of their careers, plus u ger better sparring in Vegas.
          Fans are looking at it like "I Don't Like Mayweather So He Is Wrong Because I'm Not A Fan Of His" but lets use logic here (which is not done much on this forum)

To the average person with some common sense, I don't think this decision is even debatable and like I already posted, shame on the people around Davis if they're not telling him to go take advantage of that once in a life time opportunity. He can always go back home to see family, his Promoter has 2 Private Jets so I'm sure him going to see his family can be arranged anytime he wants to go but people act as if he will never be allowed to see his family again

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            He signed a 200 million dollar contract with showtime in 2013 so I'm sure he can read just fine. Don't be naive. No successful man is ****** and if you believe they are you are truly the ****** one.
            you won.....

Comment

Only on BoxingScene can someone be looked at in a bad light for telling someone to stay "out of the hood".

A boxer promoter is to make money, if you got Adrien Broner syndrome and always in jail or trouble, they can't do that!
              If Floyd is looking to make Gervonta his star, will almost any promoter wants to try to guide that that person on a specific path.

Look at Don King on Tyson, dude practically controlled Mike's whole career, from where he lived, trained, dated, and who knows what else.

Comment

Fans are looking at it like "I Don't Like Mayweather So He Is Wrong Because I'm Not A Fan Of His" but lets use logic here (which is not done much on this forum)

To the average person with some common sense, I don't think this decision is even debatable and like I already posted, shame on the people around Davis if they're not telling him to go take advantage of that once in a life time opportunity. He can always go back home to see family, his Promoter has 2 Private Jets so I'm sure him going to see his family can be arranged anytime he wants to go but people act as if he will never be allowed to see his family again
                and the Floyd huggers would absolutely SHRED any other promoter who decided to shelf a fighter who didnt bow down and agree to do something that was not in their contract. And I think its a safe bet to assume the relocation requirement was NOT in the promotional agreement, because if it was, then Davis wouldnt have such an issue with it now.

I can only imagine the outrage if Arum decided to shelf Crawford unless he moved out of Omaha. Deny it all you want, but these boards would go crazy, and rightfully so. But Floyd does it and magically its all peachy keen........lol

Personally I think

Comment

And what's funny is these same clowns that will make memes of his mugshots and will laugh at his failures if he were to lose a fight or get knocked out. They will probably cheer for all of his opponents.

They could give 2 **** about this kids career and well being. They just need something to complain about related to Floyd because he's not boxing anymore.

Comment

List the paydays since they are so great for tmt fighters.
                    Well, if TMT fighters would quit ****in up maybe I could give you some. But each and every one of them has acted a fool.

Now maybe that's got something to do with Floyd somehow, but we haven't seen a fighter just do what they're told and stay out of the "hood" yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                      Gervonta Tank Davis fallout with mayweather is a perfect example of why signing with mayweather is a bad move. Mayweather is a very insecure person and is a lame who has been used to yes men all around him and the moment you dont agree with him 100% he will turn on you, we saw this with Luis Arias who was mayweather best fighter on Mayweather promotion but since Arias was cool with the Rahmans and mayweather wanted him to cut all ties with them and Arias refused Mayweather released him from the mayweather promotions. LOL mayweather wants to tell you who you can be friends with and who you cant lol and in Gervonta case he wanted to tell him where he can live and where he cant and when Gervonta refused Mayweather put him on ice and and sabotage his next fight.

Mayweather himself is the reason Mayweather promotions is a horrible option to sign to mayweather promotions cause you have to deal with him and all his insecurities.

source
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-...-doubt--108023
                      source
                      http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/10/3...her-promotions
                      This aint giving him a pay raise to get him to turn his back on his community and culture. Its a chance of a lifetime to become a pro athlete and he is being endorsed by the best fighter of this generation, and you would advise him to stay in the hood? LMFAO

Also, staying in the hood has worked out real good for guys like Bojado and Frankie Gomez right? FOH with this nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X